• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Stealing powers from entities

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
Well folks, thank you for your well thought out replies, will implement some suggestions.

Reaction score
Awards
In my opinion (take it or leave it 😅) this is one of those names that is very interesting.
If it is a compound Hebrew it could be MAR (to be bitter / be in pain) + BVS (to trample). A Hebrew explanation would then be "trampler of pain".
With a bit more imagination bit could be formed by the Sumerian MAH (great) + RAH (disease) + HAS (to break). A Sumerian interpretation would then be "great breaker of diseases".
Another might be Persian MARBA (spring habitation) or MARBASTAN ( to tame a snake).

This is also seen in (possible...) Interpretations of his Enn:
Renach Tasa Uberace Biasa Icar.

A Sumerian(esque) version could be:
RIN AK TA SA UBARA SE BI AS E GAR
(Tear off the curse, form a walk around me, light me up, protect and live within me)

A Latin(esque) version could be:
RENASCI TASSA UBER AC A BI ASA ICERE
(To be reborn and receive plentiful from the two sanctuaries, that is the task for which i make a treaty with you)

A Hebrew(esque..) version could be:
REYACH TVSHIAH OVB BARAKAH BI AZA IQAR
(The smell, your counsel is a blessing for the soothsayer, please Kindle it, magnificent..)

This is based on my idea that (many of these) spirits' powers / attributes / appearance are shaped by the expectations / interpretations of names and words.
This is fascinating :)