• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Telekinesis training based on reality

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to post here one type of training I am using to try to succeed in my search for telekinesis.

One thing I always think about is how unrealistic and confusing it is to do the classic psiwheel exercise.You have to try to move the foil with your mind without touching it or influencing it through an air current or other more subtle means.

But most people aren't used to the feeling of energies, much less how to direct it towards an object in order to influence it so it will move.Personally I think that doing a training based on a person's reality is much easier than trying to do something they never did before.

You want to make it easier to you, not harder.

My training by itself is so simple that I'm sure some here will question it's worth.I'm not saying it is "the best" or "more legit than others", it's just what I am doing and maybe it may be useful to someone else.

Do what works for you.

Here it is, the "door method".

It's pretty straight forward.Basically what you're seeking to do is become able to close and open a door without touching it physically.

So you will do the following:
  1. Choose a door, grab it and close and open it until you can get this feeling with your eyes closed.You can go slow, fast, aa long as you get used to this everyday feeling.
  2. Sit far away, just enough that you can't touch it but you can still see it.
  3. Raise your arm(I personally hate this cliché, but in this case it will be more helpful to use your arm and hand as a guide of your focus) and point it towards the door, as if you were to touch it.
  4. Make the movement to close or open the door(depending of it's current status), and keep doing it as much as you feel like doing.
  5. The trick here is that you're going to base yourself on your feeling of physically moving the door while trying to move it at distance.You're not trying to link yourself to the door, you're seeing it as just a door that you can move easily, try to make it seem automatic(like we usually do in our day to day lives).
The idea of this is for you to stop trying to focus so much into making something move, rather it would be better for it to feel the same way as when you do something automatically, without paying attention to it.
The best analogy I saw someone use is "you're eating cereal but you're not paying attention to the hand with the spoon, your attention is elsewhere but you're still moving your arm to feed you the cereal.

It has to be something like this, casual.If you feel like you're straining yourself or getting a headache then you're doing it wrongly.It doesn't have to hurt or tire you.

Disclaimer: This is based on my own views and opinions, I am not stating that my method is "THE method", take what I say with a grain of salt.I'm only here to try to help those that are trying to learn telekinesis but feel like they're stuck, nothing more.

Blackrose00

Apprentice
Reaction score
It looks like a good thing, I can try it, in addition, if you can shoot a live video, we will believe that you can do it and we will try to do it with that motivation.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Did I make it seem like I succeeded?
I do wish that was the case but so far it didn't happen.
I just wanted to input another exercise that can be done since at this point there's only the old psiwheel, and for someone like me that exercise is too boring.

I do hope to achieve results and be able to
showcase to others one day.But so far, that day hasn't come yet.

Blackrose00

Apprentice
Reaction score
oh I misunderstood, I realize now that there is a way you are trying, so I'm sorry, I hope you succeed.
Still, why don't you try something smaller than a big door?

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
oh I misunderstood, I realize now that there is a way you are trying, so I'm sorry, I hope you succeed.
Still, why don't you try something smaller than a big door?
For two reasons:
  1. As mentioned before, it is easier to feel and even visualize yourself moving a door than it is to do so with a piece of foil or paper in a psiwheel.Familiarity makes it easier to understand the motion so, in my own logic, it is easier to learn how to do it(even if by accident) than trying to move something, that I normally wouldn't move in the way expected without touching it.
  2. I don't want to shackle myself to the old-and in my opinion, ridiculous-belief that "smaller objects are easier to move while bigger objects are harder", that seems more like a crutch to stop a person from trying other things than the psiwheel and might even become a hurdle on the long run with someone thinking that they might need enormous amounts of energy and concentration to move anything heavier and bigger than a pencil.
If I wanted to try small things like everybody else, I would've kept at the same old psiwheel, but the idea here is to innovate and try new things, bring some fresh air to the development of telekinesis that seems to have been stagnant for ages.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Telekinesis only works when manipulating information. To move physical objects with the mind is against the laws of physics.
Good thing I never was good with physics then, no need to pay attention to it's laws.
Season 5 Point GIF by NBC

Jokes aside, I think that getting yourself too stuck in the laws is one of the reasons why people also seem stuck in their practices.Our own scientific knowledge is constantly evolving and changing, so there is nothing to say that maybe one day the same laws that "prohibit" telekinesis will get revised and changed into laws that actually are in favor of it.

But we shouldn't have to stuck ourselves to the laws.We don't know what's like inside a black hole, maybe there happens things that are against the laws of physics but we have no way of knowing, so who's to say that we know all that there is to know regarding telekinesis?
In the end, it's best to go with a "this is magic" mindset than a "this doesn't follow the law of entropy or something" one, exactly because we're dealing with something outside our norm of what is considered possible.

As I said before, I don't want to shackle myself to the old ways, and part of that "old ways" is also sticking too close to our current scientific knowledge.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I would theorize that you have to somewhat become one with the object to move it rather than simply moving it with the mind. Just my guess.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Our own scientific knowledge is constantly evolving and changing, so there is nothing to say that maybe one day the same laws that "prohibit" telekinesis will get revised and changed into laws that actually are in favor of it.

But we shouldn't have to stuck ourselves to the laws.We don't know what's like inside a black hole, maybe there happens things that are against the laws of physics but we have no way of knowing, so who's to say that we know all that there is to know regarding telekinesis?
In the end, it's best to go with a "this is magic" mindset than a "this doesn't follow the law of entropy or something" one, exactly because we're dealing with something outside our norm of what is considered possible.

As I said before, I don't want to shackle myself to the old ways, and part of that "old ways" is also sticking too close to our current scientific knowledge.
I see your point, but I keep forgetting that people don't know that my work is precisely what you describe - "one day the same laws that "prohibit" telekinesis will get revised and changed into laws that actually are in favor of it."

Except that I didn't have to change anything :)

My view is that things are not against the laws of physics. If they happen (and I'll admit that the evidence for physical telekinesis is very sketchy) then it just means we haven't understood the laws of physics enough. If you attribute something to the supernatural, then it gives you TWO things to explain instead of one.

I realise that this is not a popular view among magicians, and I am not expecting anyone to suddenly agree with me :)

As Frank Zappa said: "The only way you're gonna get people to agree with you is if they agree with you already" :)

Blackrose00

Apprentice
Reaction score
For two reasons:
  1. As mentioned before, it is easier to feel and even visualize yourself moving a door than it is to do so with a piece of foil or paper in a psiwheel.Familiarity makes it easier to understand the motion so, in my own logic, it is easier to learn how to do it(even if by accident) than trying to move something, that I normally wouldn't move in the way expected without touching it.
  2. I don't want to shackle myself to the old-and in my opinion, ridiculous-belief that "smaller objects are easier to move while bigger objects are harder", that seems more like a crutch to stop a person from trying other things than the psiwheel and might even become a hurdle on the long run with someone thinking that they might need enormous amounts of energy and concentration to move anything heavier and bigger than a pencil.
If I wanted to try small things like everybody else, I would've kept at the same old psiwheel, but the idea here is to innovate and try new things, bring some fresh air to the development of telekinesis that seems to have been stagnant for ages.
Your logic is faulty, for example, can someone who does not know how to play the piano play the most difficult piece in the first piece? no.
so he learns first

If you can move smaller things before the door, you will understand the logic of it and you will move the door with it.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Telekinesis only works when manipulating information. To move physical objects with the mind is against the laws of physics.

Yeah as much as I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy in forms of media, this is where it irks me.

Where people confuse Magic with Magick.

They are not the same thing.

Telekinesis is fantasy and can not be accomplished in the Physical plane.

Physical Laws do not allow it.
Full Stop.

The etheric or astral?

Sure have at it.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Your logic is faulty, for example, can someone who does not know how to play the piano play the most difficult piece in the first piece? no.
Someone with an amazing ear, for example, can play the piano based on sounds only without knowing the notes properly.

Will they be able to play the most difficult pieces?Maybe, maybe not, but they will be able to play without knowing a thing, but based on the sounds only.

If you can move smaller things before the door, you will understand the logic of it and you will move the door with it.
As I said before, I think that this belief of "being able to move small things first" is something that makes most people get stuck since they don't(or can't) properly focus on moving something in a way that they never moved before.

The idea of moving a door is because we are so used to doing unconsciously that it seems like it will be easier to try to move a door than to move a small object.
There isn't much to moving a door, it's all about swinging it one direction or another and that's it.

But for small objects you end up thinking about the many directions avaialable, the force of how to do it, the precision, etc.

To me it makes sense to use the method of the door since I just need to focus on swinging it open or closed.

Telekinesis is fantasy and can not be accomplished in the Physical plane.
May I end up proving you wrong then.I'm not asking people to believe in me or in my methods, just that you don't try to enforce yours on me.

My family has a saying: "You already have the 'NO', so why not try for the 'YES'?" which means that I won't be losing much trying for something since it's failure or lack of results is already guaranteed.

But by giving it a chance I might end up getting something out of it, there's alwats the chance for smaller it can be.After all, nothing is a 100% zero probability.

Blackrose00

Apprentice
Reaction score
Someone with an amazing ear, for example, can play the piano based on sounds only without knowing the notes properly.

Will they be able to play the most difficult pieces?Maybe, maybe not, but they will be able to play without knowing a thing, but based on the sounds only.

As I said before, I think that this belief of "being able to move small things first" is something that makes most people get stuck since they don't(or can't) properly focus on moving something in a way that they never moved before.

The idea of moving a door is because we are so used to doing unconsciously that it seems like it will be easier to try to move a door than to move a small object.
There isn't much to moving a door, it's all about swinging it one direction or another and that's it.

But for small objects you end up thinking about the many directions avaialable, the force of how to do it, the precision, etc.

To me it makes sense to use the method of the door since I just need to focus on swinging it open or closed.

May I end up proving you wrong then.I'm not asking people to believe in me or in my methods, just that you don't try to enforce yours on me.

My family has a saying: "You already have the 'NO', so why not try for the 'YES'?" which means that I won't be losing much trying for something since it's failure or lack of results is already guaranteed.

But by giving it a chance I might end up getting something out of it, there's alwats the chance for smaller it can be.After all, nothing is a 100% zero probability.
As you said, maybe if he has an ear for sound, he can play if he memorizes what he hears, if he knows what sound the keys make.
people in these times are weak, weak, so it's better to start with the easier ones.
like you, I didn't work on it even though I wanted to.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards

For sure.

I am not trying to tell you or anyone else what to do with their free time or practice or how to do it or what methods to use.

My focus should probably be on myself and why someone else’s pursuit of something I deem impossible even bothers me to begin with since it has nothing to do with me.

I wish you good fortune in your experiments.

Blackrose00

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've started a new series, if we skip most of it, there is a part that would interest you, it's imaginary but one can do it, maybe a perfect focus can solve it
Stranger things
I just started watching but when I saw these episodes, I thought of you.

Look at episode 5.
Don't forget to watch the episodes before episode 5 but watch episode 5, the girl's name is 11.
I don't know if we can adapt this to the real world, I don't know exactly what we should do

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Stranger things
I've heard of this one when it first started, though even the paranormal side of it wasn't enough to make me want to watch it.
I don't know if we can adapt this to the real world, I don't know exactly what we should do
If you meant the scene where the girl is in a dark space and somehow is able to transfer what she hears to those listening to her, I have no idea how that would be done nor what it has to do with telekinesis.As for how she reached that state though what she used could be said to be a chamber of deprivation of senses.

Blackrose00

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just started, I don't know if it's good or not, but as far as I understand, the part of transmitting what you hear goes by changing the realm, if you pay attention, it is attacked there, it reminded me of something, but anyway
break the bottle
Abilities like pushing the child back with your mind

and I noticed an increase in the frequency ratio of the brainwave measurements.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I like this kind of out-of-the-box thinking. At the height of the psi-craze in the early Seventies, practitioners frantically sought to appear 'respectable' ("Incense-filled temples, swords and ram heads? Me? Surely not!") while trying to prove hard that their powers, existent or not, conformed to the strict psychological model as well as straight-up slide-rule physics. And according to that slide-rule way of thinking, you first have to be able to move something lightweight before you can progress to heavier objects. Right? Wrong. This is magic we're talking about which doesn't operate according to immutable laws, more along the lines of rules of thumb that were established in the course of long centuries full of trial and error, and even then not very reliably. Therefore, being able to move a door is not less likely than being able to move a psiwheel, I'd say; the aformentioned linear upscaling theory does not apply.

"As mentioned before, it is easier to feel and even visualize yourself moving a door than it is to do so with a piece of foil or paper in a psiwheel." Exactly. We have all opened and closed doors ten thousand times in our lives while a psiwheel is an 'abstract' object without any practical everyday application, so from a sympathetic magic point of view, tackling a door (which kind of 'wants' to open and close because it is in its nature, so to speak) actually makes more sense.