• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Telekinesis training based on reality

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
And according to that slide-rule way of thinking, you first have to be able to move something lightweight before you can progress to heavier objects.
This is also a pet peeve of mine, but many people seem to think that the mind is just like your body's muscles.That you need to start light and that with bigger or heavier objects you'll need to exert more strength.

That kind of thinking seems to be more detrimental to a person's practice as they will see anything other than a flimsy piece of paper or foil as being an unsurmountable challenge since it is "bigger/heavier".The mind doesn't work by the same principle as your muscles do, and to think like this will only hold you back from progressing.
Because we can't realistically make the mind "grow stronger" the same you do with your body.
Post automatically merged:

220px-Psi_wheel.jpg

Balance something flimsy and easily moved on a cocktail stick.
How can I ever take seriously something like this as an apropriate way of training for telekinesis?Anything can slightly move it and cause a person to develop a bias thinking that they actually did it, when they didn't.

Last edited:

Blackrose00

Apprentice
Reaction score
there must be a way, usually many things are interconnected, controlling our soul will help, we need to direct our focus correctly
It might happen in some way, but I'm not sure, how are your trials going?

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
there must be a way, usually many things are interconnected, controlling our soul will help, we need to direct our focus correctly
It might happen in some way, but I'm not sure, how are your trials going?
I started not long ago, so far no results but that is expected.
If it was that easy and quick to get results, everyone would already be doing telekinesis I think.
Post automatically merged:

Another method for those tired of psiwheel, the "shadow method".This one is more abstract than the door method, but not by much.

The inspiration came from this magic trick I saw on Youtube many years ago:

It's just as easy to start training in it too.You just have to do similar to what is being done in the video(sans magic tricks, of course), pretend like your shadow is an extension of your physical body(which it is, in a way) and through your shadow you will "touch" something and try to move it.

You can actually try to use it together with the door method if you want to, but this one can be done with the psiwheel(as much as I dislike it) because it will definitely be easier to "see" your fingers "touching the psiwheel" than to try to make it move by will alone.
Remember that the brighter a light source is, the darker the shadow will look like and this might help in visualizing it as an almost physical presence.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know that the guy in the video used trickery, camera angles and other things to make that trick shot, the purpose of that video was to help you understand the inspiration and how it should look like when trying the shadow method.Not make you believe that magic tricks are actual magic(as entertaining as they can seem).

Last edited: