• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The best path or resource for someone nowhere near a lodge

Reaction score
Awards
Is there a reliable system out there?
Must I recreate the way of Levi Agrippa or Barrett (or many of the millions of unknown magicians out there that got somewhere with their work)?
Or is it simply all chemistry, along the likes of the Paracelcus Research Center of Frater Albertus in Salt Lake City?
Does that then mean alchemists across the world are pretty mush SOOL?
If freemasonry and the Golden Dawn cannot actually self initiaitate, am I just wasting my time?
Is there a resource for the loner?

Sorry for the batch of questions, just want to get somewhere with all of this, in an environment where occult activity is no bueno?

Reaction score
Joining something just to join n anything isn't the answer. First, it is important to define for yourself exactly what you are looking for, so that you will know what will meet your needs and which prospects might meet your expectations.

For example example, I think on here would be disappoint in Freemasonry, finding out that it is nothing like what they expected. Freemasonry isn't the Golden Dawn or the Aurum Solis, you won't find magic there though you might find brothers somewhere in the word with similar interests.

Another example is with the Golden Dawn (there are only revivals now). The Golden Dawn technically is only the outer order. The inner order, the R.R. et A.C. is Christian in nature, and while the ig GD and most revivals don't actually require Christian Faith, they just aren't inclined to be a good fit for those who can't mesh well with Christian imagery and practice.

Crowley's AA could be an option if you can accept the Law of Thelema. Benefits include 1 on 1 student-teacher training. At the same time the work of the order is focused on K&C of the HGA and the discovery of the true will. Both of themes aims provide a locus as well as direction and are important milestones for anyone practicing a western ceremonial path. However, the AA can be very sink our swim as Crowley moved all of the curriculum equivalent to outer order GD into Zelator grade. In the AA you move into Yetzirah as early as 2=9. So be prepared for lots of astral projection and inner plains workings. Their other attributions of the worlds to the tree isn't very practical either. On top of that, finding an AA contact may be difficult.

You may consider the OTO first, provided again that you accept the Law of Thelema. There are OTO encampments, oasis' and lodges throughout the US. Also if you are active in that community you will eventually meet an AA contact. That said should you petition and then decide it isn't for you they may try to actively recruit you for some time, even after you have given a ceast and desist.

You also have to understand that should you choose this path, it will be that much harder to become a Freemason since the OTO started as Clandestine Masonry and stole our degrees. Likewise Golden Dawn traditions are not fond of Crowley for obvious reasons.

If You like Thelema, Blatvasky, AMORC (which fyi isn't actually Rosicrucianism it's New age), the Fratres Lucis, and the AA - Go OTO.

If you like the Golden Dawn, Traditional Rosicrucianism, or Martinism - Go Freemasonry or Golden Dawn revival.

Just know that Freemasonry isn't about magic it's about building good moral character and being a good man in this life. However, once you are a Master Mason you can join research lodges and possible be invited to the SRiCF, a body of Masonic Rosicrucianism. If in England you'd join the SRiA (in Anglia. Bear in mind those that that becoming a member of the SRiCF is in many ways the hard path here. It is very exclusive with only 72 members per college and most states only have one college.

The Cicero's were part of a schism from the SRiCF, firming the SRiAmerica. Their group is coed and doesn't require Masonic membership, however I can't speak to how traditional and regular it is in comparison to the SRICF. Also you won't be able to visit Masonic Rosicrucian halls as it's not recognized/affiliated.

If you are truly without options you could take BOTA courses for now. They don't do much in the way of operative magic however their correspondences are based on Golden Dawn correspondences. So it is a good choice if you eventually plan to join a GD derived order.

On the solitary side of the spectrum there is the Solomonic grim trad. If that's something you are interested in I can suggest a curriculum. The downside is you won't be doing much group ritual and you won't have a teacher in person. The pros are that you will be practicing things older than the New Age and introduction of most bullshit currently within occult and magical communities. If you go this route I recommend joining Aaron Leitch's Solomonic group on Facebook. Also once you are able to make decent contact with a spirit you trust, have them instruct you on how to alter the system you are using to be more compatible with your ability to contact them. Doing this by the book is the initial first praxis of Grimoire purism but then your practice should be spirit led and eventually your own Grimoire written.

If you want a mixture of Masonry, Solomonic elements and Lurianic reintegration look into Martinism.

Trad Wicca is also of consideration. It uses Solomonic working tools, consecration of water and salt, and circle casting mixed with Golden Dawn pentagrams, Sees watchtowers without the actual tablets and it also incorporates invocation of various pre-Christian Gods. You might also be assigned a working partner.

This means that you can developed skills to go:
• Solomonic
• Golden Dawn
• Enochian
• and a toolset to start working with any pantheon

If you plan on eventually going GD you can search out a local Coven while also doing the BOTA courses.

If neopagan witchcraft isn't your thing but you have interest in the classical devilish image of witchcraft, look into Traditional Witchcraft and groups like: The Clan of Tubal Cain, The Regency, 1734, American Folkloric Witchcraft and the Cultus Sabbati.

Alternatively there are plenty of not Trad Wicca and Trad craft Covens that may meet your needs.

When it comes to the western mystery tradition I start out teaching working with ancestor, the Olympic spirits each day after LBRP and planting by the signs. The nature of man is dual and I teach in a dual fashion.

Ancestors for the chthonic nature of man and the Olympic spirits to align to the Divine fire in man and from there working with the celestials. Planting by the signs teaches one the nature of correspondence, ritual timing, and the tides of the spirit as well as the roles of nature, nurture and the realms/levels on and by which works bear fruits.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Spam/advertising
One of many occult secret societies active in America today, the Ordo Templi Astarte (Order of Templars of Astarte, OTA) was founded by American magician Carroll “Poke” Runyon in 1970. Runyon received an irregular
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
charter from Louis Culling in that year, but quickly moved away from OTO traditions to construct an eclectic magical system of his own, based on the eighteenth-century ritual system of the Crata Repoa, the teachings of the
, the gods and goddesses of the ancient Phoenicians, and his own discoveries in the field of the
of spirits through mirror magic.

Like most of the magical orders of the late twentieth century, the Ordo Templi Astarte is relatively small, with two lodges – both in the state of California – and a membership well below 100.

They offer an online Associate Member program for worthy aspirants who live beyond the reach of they're Temples. This is a graduated program of instruction that parallels and compliments the initiatory sequence without actually conferring or communicating the degrees. However, with study and mentoring, the online student may earn letters of entitlement to receive the degrees. The program includes most of our regular instruction and is open to active initiates and inactive members who have moved away from our temple locations.

<link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Just know that Freemasonry isn't about magic it's about building good moral character and being a good man in this life
Which makes me wonder why they bar the entry to people, specially women, when their aim is apparently to become a better person which is a noble goal in itself.A goal that everyone actually should have.

I get though that not everyone would be a good candidate since this also requires hard work(and majority of people aren't willing or aren't able to dedicate themselves to it), but to outright deny others of even trying to entry seems more like an elitist move in my opinion.To separate the "worthy from the unworthy" and that doesn't sound like something a "good person" would do.

Reaction score
Awards
Joining something just to join n anything isn't the answer. First, it is important to define for yourself exactly what you are looking for, so that you will know what will meet your needs and which prospects might meet your expectations.

For example example, I think on here would be disappoint in Freemasonry, finding out that it is nothing like what they expected. Freemasonry isn't the Golden Dawn or the Aurum Solis, you won't find magic there though you might find brothers somewhere in the word with similar interests.

Another example is with the Golden Dawn (there are only revivals now). The Golden Dawn technically is only the outer order. The inner order, the R.R. et A.C. is Christian in nature, and while the ig GD and most revivals don't actually require Christian Faith, they just aren't inclined to be a good fit for those who can't mesh well with Christian imagery and practice.

Crowley's AA could be an option if you can accept the Law of Thelema. Benefits include 1 on 1 student-teacher training. At the same time the work of the order is focused on K&C of the HGA and the discovery of the true will. Both of themes aims provide a locus as well as direction and are important milestones for anyone practicing a western ceremonial path. However, the AA can be very sink our swim as Crowley moved all of the curriculum equivalent to outer order GD into Zelator grade. In the AA you move into Yetzirah as early as 2=9. So be prepared for lots of astral projection and inner plains workings. Their other attributions of the worlds to the tree isn't very practical either. On top of that, finding an AA contact may be difficult.

You may consider the OTO first, provided again that you accept the Law of Thelema. There are OTO encampments, oasis' and lodges throughout the US. Also if you are active in that community you will eventually meet an AA contact. That said should you petition and then decide it isn't for you they may try to actively recruit you for some time, even after you have given a ceast and desist.

You also have to understand that should you choose this path, it will be that much harder to become a Freemason since the OTO started as Clandestine Masonry and stole our degrees. Likewise Golden Dawn traditions are not fond of Crowley for obvious reasons.

If You like Thelema, Blatvasky, AMORC (which fyi isn't actually Rosicrucianism it's New age), the Fratres Lucis, and the AA - Go OTO.

If you like the Golden Dawn, Traditional Rosicrucianism, or Martinism - Go Freemasonry or Golden Dawn revival.

Just know that Freemasonry isn't about magic it's about building good moral character and being a good man in this life. However, once you are a Master Mason you can join research lodges and possible be invited to the SRiCF, a body of Masonic Rosicrucianism. If in England you'd join the SRiA (in Anglia. Bear in mind those that that becoming a member of the SRiCF is in many ways the hard path here. It is very exclusive with only 72 members per college and most states only have one college.

The Cicero's were part of a schism from the SRiCF, firming the SRiAmerica. Their group is coed and doesn't require Masonic membership, however I can't speak to how traditional and regular it is in comparison to the SRICF. Also you won't be able to visit Masonic Rosicrucian halls as it's not recognized/affiliated.

If you are truly without options you could take BOTA courses for now. They don't do much in the way of operative magic however their correspondences are based on Golden Dawn correspondences. So it is a good choice if you eventually plan to join a GD derived order.

On the solitary side of the spectrum there is the Solomonic grim trad. If that's something you are interested in I can suggest a curriculum. The downside is you won't be doing much group ritual and you won't have a teacher in person. The pros are that you will be practicing things older than the New Age and introduction of most bullshit currently within occult and magical communities. If you go this route I recommend joining Aaron Leitch's Solomonic group on Facebook. Also once you are able to make decent contact with a spirit you trust, have them instruct you on how to alter the system you are using to be more compatible with your ability to contact them. Doing this by the book is the initial first praxis of Grimoire purism but then your practice should be spirit led and eventually your own Grimoire written.

If you want a mixture of Masonry, Solomonic elements and Lurianic reintegration look into Martinism.

Trad Wicca is also of consideration. It uses Solomonic working tools, consecration of water and salt, and circle casting mixed with Golden Dawn pentagrams, Sees watchtowers without the actual tablets and it also incorporates invocation of various pre-Christian Gods. You might also be assigned a working partner.

This means that you can developed skills to go:
• Solomonic
• Golden Dawn
• Enochian
• and a toolset to start working with any pantheon

If you plan on eventually going GD you can search out a local Coven while also doing the BOTA courses.

If neopagan witchcraft isn't your thing but you have interest in the classical devilish image of witchcraft, look into Traditional Witchcraft and groups like: The Clan of Tubal Cain, The Regency, 1734, American Folkloric Witchcraft and the Cultus Sabbati.

Alternatively there are plenty of not Trad Wicca and Trad craft Covens that may meet your needs.

When it comes to the western mystery tradition I start out teaching working with ancestor, the Olympic spirits each day after LBRP and planting by the signs. The nature of man is dual and I teach in a dual fashion.

Ancestors for the chthonic nature of man and the Olympic spirits to align to the Divine fire in man and from there working with the celestials. Planting by the signs teaches one the nature of correspondence, ritual timing, and the tides of the spirit as well as the roles of nature, nurture and the realms/levels on and by which works bear fruits.
And then there were four (possibly five); Solomonic, OTO, GD Revival (Greers Essene and or Celtic GD group), Grim Trad.
I guess at this stage, Quareia, A.A., OTO, Ecosophia, these four interest me. Its not necessarily my Christian faith (mores defined not only by the name, but by those who exhibit continually and assuredly the fruits of the Holy Spirit), it's mores the idea of Martinism and Angl;ican that interest me in that regard. No, for me, I always want to push the envelope. Perhaps Solomonic or AA are they keys. Will still have to percolate on this as Im in a moving and housing crisis right now. A job as well, but thats a moot point at the moment.
Post automatically merged:

Which makes me wonder why they bar the entry to people, specially women, when their aim is apparently to become a better person which is a noble goal in itself.A goal that everyone actually should have.

I get though that not everyone would be a good candidate since this also requires hard work(and majority of people aren't willing or aren't able to dedicate themselves to it), but to outright deny others of even trying to entry seems more like an elitist move in my opinion.To separate the "worthy from the unworthy" and that doesn't sound like something a "good person" would do.
Freemasonry used to be the stability and loyalty test to see if they would be worthy GD material.

Reaction score
Awards
Back on Facebook, so will friend request Aaron Leitch and or join his Solomonic Group. The OTO/AS still interest me, as do Quareia and GD Revival trad. I do do witchcraft, but solo, will look into local Grim Trads. A town East is Hipster Paganism, so may have resources through them or one of the three magic shops, including one that is Conjure.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The more I learn about the history of western esotericism the more doubtful I am of the true longevity of any of the claimed occult lineages. Any given tradition seems to emerge as an amalgam of various ideas and practices that did not originally go together, or were interpreted very differently before. Even when people are consciously trying to operate within a tradition they are making stuff up as they go along. And the many documented cases of various adepts’ egos rubbing up against each other resulting in acrimonious splits makes me dubious of the likelihood of any initiatic order surviving more than a generation or two. So this leads people naturally to construct invisible lineages or claim they got some doctrine from hidden masters. I’m not BTW dismissing the value of collective work, of accountability, of learning something from someone if they have real knowledge to impart. But I wouldn’t fret too much about finding some lodge either.

Reaction score
And then there were four (possibly five); Solomonic, OTO, GD Revival (Greers Essene and or Celtic GD group), Grim Trad.
I guess at this stage, Quareia, A.A., OTO, Ecosophia, these four interest me. Its not necessarily my Christian faith (mores defined not only by the name, but by those who exhibit continually and assuredly the fruits of the Holy Spirit), it's mores the idea of Martinism and Angl;ican that interest me in that regard. No, for me, I always want to push the envelope. Perhaps Solomonic or AA are they keys. Will still have to percolate on this as Im in a moving and housing crisis right now. A job as well, but thats a moot point at the moment.

Freemasonry used to be the stability and loyalty test to see if they would be worthy GD material.
This is incorrect and has never been the case for the GD which waved a masonic membership requirement, but still true of the SRiA

If you lean Christian I wouldn't recommend the AA but rather a GD revival, or perhaps Martinism.

Well, you can't be an Atheist because a walk with God is central to the system and is what binds you to your obligation. Our methods simply do not work with a lack of a Theistic/Deistic worldview. It is like using electricity as fuel in a vehicle that runs on a combustion engine.

A Mason can not be a woman because masonry is a mystery tradition surrounding what it is to be a man, what is expected of a man in society, and how a man is to earn his wages. There is nothing to be found for women there. However, we do have sisters with OES, Amaranth, Daughters of the Nile etc, who have their own ritual and are instrumental in what we, as the masonic family, are able to do for our community.

Lastly, we are not a reform. We do not take bad men and make them better; we take good men already striving to be better and give them the working tools and opportunities to do so. We must consider the safety of our families as well as our fraternity's liability, therefore your record may deny you entry.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, my life is currently up in the air, so I will touch back on this. Once I have stable ground under me and after my bankruptcy and working a career job, will look into Freemasonry first. Martinism and GD revival, checking into those, but I do like Aaron Leitchs work, and interested in Solomonic Magic asa well. Tough call. Freemasonry and Martinism perhaps.

Reaction score
Awards
all of this is just so much buffoonery, these organizations, crowley, are all designed to lead you astray, they have no value magically or spiritually, dead ends that keep you ignorant and feckless, promoted by men who are needing wage slaves for their various exploits, the same men who buried the magic of architecture under a mountain of ersatz indoctrination, they are not trying to help you, they want you to serve them, there is no upside to following these traditions, look around, all the worlds problems are the results of their society building, and even the members of the order are made to suffer, always struggling to get a little higher, with no spiritual benefit at all, any group that practices exclusion, especially of feminine energy, is a scam, if you are going to follow liars then just follow your self, you will get better results

Reaction score
Awards
So what you're saying is that Im a liar? Nice fake call on that one, not to mention your many other prideful comments.

Back on topic, I will choose what I will choose despite other opinion.

And Killing Raven Sun set to ignore.

I think I will take TheHummingBirdWizard's advice.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Well, you can't be an Atheist because a walk with God is central to the system
I was told many times that while it's mostly Christians in it, as long as you have a belief in a higher power it is fine.So by that definition anyone not atheist could be accepted.

The fact that you highlighted "God" rather than "a god" though makes me think that freemasonry accepts only monotheistic faiths as those can always "compare their one god to the Christian God".

A Mason can not be a woman because masonry is a mystery tradition surrounding what it is to be a man, what is expected of a man in society, and how a man is to earn his wages.
I was led to believe that freemasonry's goal was the betterment of people, but here you claim it is all about "being a man".

Which is the truth?

There is nothing to be found for women there
Considering the mixed and women-only lodges in existence, I disagree with this.
Sure, if all masonry is about is about "being a man" then clearly there is nothing women could gain from it as there is difference between "being a human" and "being a male".

But as this oddly specific male association isn"t as seen around as the association of "being human", I have to question your words.

Lastly, we are not a reform. We do not take bad men and make them better; we take good men already striving to be better and give them the working tools and opportunities to do so.
Already knew this part.
I know that there are demands required of candidates and if they can't even meet them then the person isn't "mason material".

I never said nor implied that freemasonry was to "fix bad people", but that it helped develop people into a better version of themselves.You can be a good person and still seek to be better, that doesn't imply you're bad.

Reaction score
Awards
So what you're saying is that Im a liar? Nice fake call on that one, not to mention your many other prideful comments.
i am honored to be ignored by you

and btw, the text does not imply that you are a liar, it says quite literally that it is better to follow your self(intuition) rather than a liar, but you obviously need to beat your self up, so good luck with that

Reaction score
I was told many times that while it's mostly Christians in it, as long as you have a belief in a higher power it is fine.So by that definition anyone not atheist could be accepted.

The fact that you highlighted "God" rather than "a god" though makes me think that freemasonry accepts only monotheistic faiths as those can always "compare their one god to the Christian God".

I was led to believe that freemasonry's goal was the betterment of people, but here you claim it is all about "being a man".

Which is the truth?

Considering the mixed and women-only lodges in existence, I disagree with this.
Sure, if all masonry is about is about "being a man" then clearly there is nothing women could gain from it as there is difference between "being a human" and "being a male".

But as this oddly specific male association isn"t as seen around as the association of "being human", I have to question your words.

Already knew this part.
I know that there are demands required of candidates and if they can't even meet them then the person isn't "mason material".

I never said nor implied that freemasonry was to "fix bad people", but that it helped develop people into a better version of themselves.You can be a good person and still seek to be better, that doesn't imply you're bad.
Freemasonry emerged from a Christian culture and so if you arent comfortable with Biblical stories of morality, it isnt for you. That said you are correct in that you have to have a belief in a higher power; however and this is something that gets poorly explained these days, it must be a supreme being. Supreme means 'utmost', 'highest' etc. which is why I used a God with a capital G. Yes, according to our landmarks you must be either monotheistic, monistic, pan[en]theistic or deistic. You can believe in multiple gods but they must be under some transcendent divinity. Some jurisdictions have gotten lax on this, too lax, failing to distinguish between higher power and supreme being as we take it on the honor system and do not pry. All Supreme beings are higher powers but not all higher powers are supreme beings. The Indiana monitor's description of that landmark uses the term monotheism however Hinduism has been interpreted to meet the requirements as despite the plethora of deities they are all expressions, though individual in their own right, of the Trimurti. In the traditional religious and spiritual practices of my tribe we recognize one great spirit behind creation and every instance of life, hence I also qualify. My tribe's system is also heavily mixed with Christianity at this point. At the same time it has more to do with your personal theological beliefs about deity than how that deity is historically viewed. For example, in Norse lore Odin is not depicted as a supreme transcendent being as that concept was foreign but many many heathens today may see him as such, putting their faith in the context of modern philosophical and theological concepts. The more we learn about the world around us, the greater God has to become to still be God.

I will give you a few more examples.

I. Buddhism.
Buddha did not teach for or against an Atman, and therefore did not teach for or against the existence of a God. So in and of itself Buddhism would not provide the requirement of a God, even though we do not discriminate against any religion, and- as Buddhism does not exist in a vacuum in the East, many Buddhists there would qualify while in the West fewer Buddhists would.

II. Wicca
If you believe in a co-equal God and Goddess neither is greater than the other and so you do not have a supreme being and thus would not qualify. If however you recognize the Dryghten, you would qualify.

III. Pantheism
If you state nature is God, that is fine so long as you see that nature as self-aware enough to hold you to an obligation. This goes for such vague statements as "God is energy" as well.

We only care that:
I. you have a belief in a Supreme Being
II. You recognize some aspect of the spirit and/or soul that is eternal.

Both statements are truth. Freemasonry is for men and it is to help good men become better by giving them the lessons, working tools and opportunities to do so. We are a Fraternity, a group of men, who uphold ourselves to a certain level of excellence and personal growth. It is pretty straight forward. We are based out of the old stone guilds of Europe and centered around the work/labour a man did in said trade guilds and how those lessons can be applied to ones life. We give men a rite of passage whereby they may, as a brother, come under the tutelage of other men who take them under their wing, mentoring them and holding them to a higher standard.

There are no legitimate women Freemasons. It is against our landmarks and obligation to make a woman a mason. There will never be nor can there ever be a woman mason, and any lodge found doing so will, rightfully, lose their charter. Point blank, it is simply not possible nor does any man in Masonry have the authority to change this. Co-Masonry is illegitimate as HFAF and OWF. They do not have a proper lineage or charter and thus are considered Clandestine. All HFAF has from the UGLE is a letter that says if they could be recognized, they would be seen as doing good regular work. That is a compliment but they can never be recognized because the landmark does not allow them to be granted a charter.

Frankly, I depise these groups as they have stolen and appropriated ritual that is not theirs, making it out to be something that it is not. Blatvasky, and other movers and shakers of "Co-Masonry", a misnomer, were even involved in other clandestine organizations that have bastardized our degrees.

Question my words all you like, but understand that being on the outside looking in, you have not the ability to try one as a mason nor are you so acquainted with our conceptions of regularity, clandestine and amity. See, what people dont understand is that such lodges and groups that you refer to, are completely separate organizations, and not considered part of the masonic family. We dont allow them in our lodge nor can we communicate with them masonically. If this sounds like sectarian politics within an identity demographic, keep in mind that there was no schism. They started imitating us, having no right to do so nor any connection. Which is not to say that there havent been those who had lineage but had their charter revoked as did bid them able to work under the usual masonic restrictions of said landmarks which they ignored, thereby rendering their charter null and void. Aside from that, some charters are sovereign, but without the landmarks it isnt masonry. Granted, Grand jurisdictions do have the right to interpret the minutia of the landmarks.

From the Indiana Monitor:

"A Mason must be a freeborn male adult primarily because he must be a master of his time, his resources and himself. In operative masonry women and young men could not work at a mason's trade; so traditionally membership in the Craft has been confined to male adults, and from long usage this practice has become imbedded in the Fraternity as a Landmark" - Landmark 7

and

"Monotheism is the sole dogma of Freemasonry. Belief in one God is required of every initiate, but his conception of the Supreme Being is left to his own interpretation. Freemasonry is not concerned with theological distinctions. This is the basis of our universality" - Landmark 1.

Which is not to say that we teach universalism, in the sense that all religions are equally valid. We do not say that all religions are equally valid nor that any one religion is more valid than another. We simply do not take a position on this as we are not a religion and believe as such it is not our place to rule on such a thing, but the place of one's Church, Synagogue, Mosque, or whatever authority they go to in their religion for religious instruction.

Certainly, we do not teach that a man has to be a mason to be a good man. I meant, merely, that we are not obligated to put ourselves, family or community at risk by admitting a bad man for sake of his growth; we are not a reform.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Regarding Freemasonry and theism, some remarks.

In continental Freemasonry, belief in a supreme being is not a requirement. In the French mother lodge (Grand Orient de France) women are admitted to membership as of recent years. If someone wants to assert that the largest masonic organizations in Europe, Latin America, and Africa are not real or legitimate masons... shrugs.

Interestingly in the 1950's Andre Breton and several other surrealists, avowed atheists, became Freemasons. They did not, however, join the larger Grand Orient but the Grande Loge which is affiliated with the United Grand Lodge of England, and which does require acknowledgement of a supreme being. This is because, despite being atheists, the surrealists feel far greater affinity with the esoteric currents favored in the Grande Loge as opposed to the rationalist laicite embodied in the Grand Orient.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I said it once and I'll say it again.
"If anyone's interested in Solomonic Magick I'd strongly suggest looking into the O.T.A.
the Ordo Templi Astarte (Order of Templars of Astarte. The O.T.A. was founded by American magician Carroll “Poke” Runyon in 1970. Runyon received an irregular
charter from Louis Culling in that year, but quickly moved away from OTO traditions to construct an eclectic magical system of his own, based on the eighteenth-century ritual system of the Crata Repoa, the teachings of the
, the gods and goddesses of the ancient Phoenicians, and his own discoveries in the field of the
of spirits through mirror magic.
They offer an online Associate Member program for worthy aspirants who live beyond the reach of their Temples. This is a graduated program of instruction that parallels and compliments the initiatory sequence without actually conferring or communicating the degrees. However, with study and mentoring, the online student may earn letters of entitlement to receive the degrees."

It's surprising how many members of the occult community have never heard of Poke Runyon and the O.T.A. Take my word, it's definitely worth looking into.