• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] The Failed Magician

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
Where do they end up in the afterlife?
What do they do in normal waking life henceforward?
I'd imagine if there is reincarnation, they'd be born slightly more attuned to the practice and then maybe they'd get a second shot. If not, well, then it depends on what you believe. They could burn in hell for eternity for even attempting it. Or they could just go to new age abstract DMT astral plane land with everyone else. You won't know until you die.

NamKra

Visitor
Reaction score
their work and properties ends up being owned by facility divines, and if they are accepted by divine female, they can have reincarnation, but they lose everything, and getting care from feminine is not that easy job anyway, i wouldnt look after every "brother" if it would be up to me..

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
3-e1513511679116.png

Erosphore

Neophyte
Reaction score
After death you either get tricked into the light (let's hope not), or be free and explore/create your own worlds. If you have debts then you go and pay them. You don't get punished unless you think you deserve it, and there is no punishment for being a failed magician.

Reaction score
Awards
Okay. My impression was that they would be sent to hell to be the punishment for violating commandments. If they failed in the Great Work or switched sides (oaths and consequences).
Otherwise, if they continued their course and accomplished the Great Work, the HGA and the Stone, then they passed into wherever they pleased.
Ive no idea where I got all this from however.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Okay. My impression was that they would be sent to hell to be the punishment for violating commandments. If they failed in the Great Work or switched sides (oaths and consequences).
Otherwise, if they continued their course and accomplished the Great Work, the HGA and the Stone, then they passed into wherever they pleased.
Ive no idea where I got all this from however.
What commandments ?

Reaction score
Awards
Not to do sorcery, divine, pass the the fire, make images, etc.
Magic is from a white perspective, cooperating with the Divine. Recognizing the one power that creates and destroys is the one to work with, to work its will on Earth.
So, in failing, you sorta lose legal protection.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Not to do sorcery, divine, pass the the fire, make images, etc.
Magic is from a white perspective, cooperating with the Divine. Recognizing the one power that creates and destroys is the one to work with, to work its will on Earth.
So, in failing, you sorta lose legal protection.
many sages worked with angels to have command over demons...

second you’re not a Jew the non Jews has 7 laws not the hundreds or thousands Jews do. if you feel youve sinned then repent n stop doing whatever “sin” you’ve committed

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
As I mentioned above there is one thing you can fail at and that only happens in the OTO/GD. It is to fail at the crossing of the Abyss. Ron L. Hubbard failed, to give one prominent example.
There are no concepts of failing and often not even of an afterlife in magic. So mostly no, nothing will happen.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I do believe so, if you evoke a demon in the name of the Most High for evil, yes there will be punishment, but with good intend, maybe not? What do yall think?
I read the Abramelin again, now in the newest translation by Georg Dehn. I must say bad intend is ruled out. BUT the author, Yaakov ben Moshe HaLevi Moelin, the Maharil, Rabbi of Mainz, most certainly had issues or fears with bad intend. There is a text where he states his oldest son lusted after low magic. So he wrote another text, the 6th and 7th books of Moses, worthless in his eyes. He had to give the oldest the first choice and indeed he went for the dumb rituals. The book Abramelin went to his youngest son who had respect and no bad intent at all.