• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] The Failed Magician

Someone's asking for help!

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
when brain activity stops we return to nothingness.

There are many cases of surgery when all brain activity has ceased for some time but on resuscitation the patients can tell what went on in the operating theater while they were clinically dead - often including detail out of line of sight with their body.

Others go down a tunnel of light and are then sent back

Reaction score
Awards
Or some debate in the heavenly court and are given the decision to go back or not. Scientific proof flies out the window at this point I would think, but first hand stories from enough people with a NDE says otherwise imho

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I believe there's something like that but when brain activity stops we return to nothingness.

I also believe in reincarnation. For whatever reason it makes sense to me that we're here to learn and grow. So whenever we return I think we pick up where we left off.
I’ve heard of a concept of annihilation if you’re a horrible person

Uriel Wolfheart

Neophyte
Reaction score
Where do they end up in the afterlife?
What do they do in normal waking life henceforward?
Failing or not failing sounds a little too much like Christianity to me. If you want a dualistic outlook on life Christianity is the best dualistic religion there is. In my opinion, If you're going to believe that there is utimate failure or ultimate success, just skip Magick and join a church.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Failing or not failing sounds a little too much like Christianity to me. If you want a dualistic outlook on life Christianity is the best dualistic religion there is. In my opinion, If you're going to believe that there is utimate failure or ultimate success, just skip Magick and join a church.
I'll bite. Failure for a magician in my opinion would be someone who can't manifest anything. They're the type who can't quit their retail job, leave the trailer park, get the girl, etc.

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, so the basic premises Ive gathered, the choices are:
1. Reincarnation with or without memory
2. Merging with Source or Void
3. Barbequed for eternity
4. Body jumping
5. Alternate universe
Will have to reread thread for the other choices, but these seem historical options as well as what others have commented on.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Reincarnation is standard for Earth humans - but not all those in human bodies belong to the human kingdom. For example about 5% are nature spirits learning voice and intent

The concept of merging with the void suggests that the entity becomes useless. I am not sure that is a particularly useful concept

Barbequed is very wasteful of hard-earned experience. Even humans like recycling

Body jumping is possible but I have only seen one case myself in quite a few decades

Alternate universe is where we do our parallel processing. Humans are slow learners so are used in parallel universe contexts with data/experiential transfer often occurring during dreams. That is why the well-known people in our dreams often look quite different

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Okay, so the basic premises Ive gathered, the choices are:
1. Reincarnation with or without memory
2. Merging with Source or Void
3. Barbequed for eternity
4. Body jumping
5. Alternate universe
Will have to reread thread for the other choices, but these seem historical options as well as what others have commented on.
You forgot vampire

Uriel Wolfheart

Neophyte
Reaction score
Well yeah. Just because people call themselves a magician it doesn't mean they're special or somehow above the mundanes. It takes hard work and a certain level of awareness to succeed.

It's the same for everyone.
True, I'd also say that it does not require a magician to have that level of awareness. It seems there are quite a few people who never practice Magick and yet maintain a high enough vibration that success just comes to them. Or would you say that they are practicing Magick without knowing it?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
high enough vibration that success just comes to them.

The word "just" may not be justified. For most humans it takes a lot of work over many lifetimes to establish a "credit" with the planet. Even then, unused credit may need to be resolved before the human can move beyond its race functionality

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
True, I'd also say that it does not require a magician to have that level of awareness. It seems there are quite a few people who never practice Magick and yet maintain a high enough vibration that success just comes to them. Or would you say that they are practicing Magick without knowing?
It's more like everyone is where they need to be.