• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [The God-King] Preparing to Evoke the Spirit Asmodeus

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.
I am currently preparing to evoke the demon Asmodeus, a King in Hell. The grimoire I am using calls for invocations to be said at the start of every day for 7 days so I won't be able to begin the evocation until next Monday. Will be taking the Ritual Bath after the series finale of Pretty Little Liars tonight (fuckin sue me, I love that show!). Once the Ritual Bath is complete I will then recite the Orisons facing East (if I recall correctly East is the proper cardinal point, will check the grimoire later). I may also read some Psalms aloud from my copy of the Enchiridion of Pope Leo III.

I have the Circle of Solomon painted on canvas, it's a 9 foot circle, which is what most grimoires require. I have my Triangle of Art with the black mirror inside but I won't set these up until next Sunday night. I took my ritual robe to the dry cleaners today, won't be done til Wednesday. I'm re-consecrating my sword and ritual stang using a powerful ritual generally reserved for aerial spirits to consecrate the sword and stang. I may also have a Planetary spirit or two present to keep Asmodeus in line, he's known to be stubborn, even when burning his seal and threatening him with curses and the Conjuration of the Fire.

I'll continue my preparations after tonight's episode of PLL and into this week and weekend. I'll hopefully post my results on Tuesday (I'll have to get Asmodeus's permission first, which can go either way due to his nature). Hopefully all goes well. I have never evoked Asmodeus before and a few of my magician friends who have tell me his is no where near pleasant to speak with and will resist at every turn. Wish me luck as I prepare to undertake his evocation. I'm using this evocation to lead up to what will probably be my greatest evocation yet........the evocation of Amaymon, the only demon to have power over Asmodeus. First things first..........first, Asmoedus. Wish me luck.

House

Neophyte
Reaction score
No. I use a modified Trithemius method, heavily inspired by the modern Grim Trad methods of Rufus Opus and the Grim Trad-ATR/ADR syncretism of Jake Stratton-Kent.
what is Trad-ATR/ADR syncretism of Jake Stratton-Kent? i was searching but can't find.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
what is Trad-ATR/ADR syncretism of Jake Stratton-Kent? i was searching but can't find.
Trad: Tradition / Traditional
ATR: African Traditional Religion (religions that originated within Africa)
ADR: African Diaspora Religion (religions that originated in ethnic African communities outside of Africa)
Syncretism: combining of different beliefs and various schools of thought (common with ATRs and ADRs in general due to colonial influences - but in this case meaning the combination of ATRs and ADRs)
Jake Stratton-Kent: A goetic magician since 1972. His practical work integrates the magical papyri, Italo-French grimoires in particular the Grimorium Verum and African traditional religions with a focus on Quimbanda and magia negra...

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah for sure!!
Was it Asmodeus you asked about the fall or was it Astaroth? And can you post what you asked and the answers you got? That conversation was heavy.
It was Astaroth and that was so long ago I dont have that journal any longer and I certainly don't have access to the old forum's database to do a copy and paste 🥺. But yeah that was my second most popular thread back in day IIRC

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
It was Astaroth and that was so long ago I dont have that journal any longer and I certainly don't have access to the old forum's database to do a copy and paste 🥺. But yeah that was my second most popular thread back in day IIRC
Yeah that's sad, but you did use the solomonic method, right?

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah that's sad, but you did use the solomonic method, right?
Yup. I still use the same method to evoke spirits to this day: Rufus Opus modified Trithemius method from Modern Goetic/Angelic Grimoire (which he most recently turned into a physical book from Nephilim Press called Goetic Grimoire)