• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] The Hell Concept

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
A better question is this- if the Christian version of hell does exist, with intolerable torments, despair, hatred of self and others and ZERO support from anyone there (hell is isolating and mutual hate), would a Satanist still rather deal with this than admit YHWH is just? Would you still tow the line of insurrection even if all hell turned on you and you found out Lucifer IS a liar?

Reaction score
Awards
There is a concept I saw once where the lake of fire is literally all the content of hell. Which means all the hell beings will be boiling eternally swimming around you. Unity in a very sick way.

Reaction score
I think for me it would just double the bitterness and increase my personal hell. No one would be honorable or worthy of praise. All I could do is thank myself for my own integrity in not accepting YHWH’s power flexing as accountability for his negligence, and I would still probably not totally blame Lucifer.
YHWH’s motto- “How dare you!”
Lucifer’s motto- “Here’s how!

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I don't believe in the concept of Hell.
I believe that there is a great spiritual world where one goes after death of their body, and there they might end up creating their own hell if they so feel inclined to it(mostly due to guilt), so that world can change due to one's own perception but by itself it isn't neither good nor evil.It just exists.

I like to think of it like a mix between the spiritual world from Beyond: Two Souls(a game) and the spiritual world form Legend of Korra.

As Jodie(the main character of the game) says: "Neither heaven nor hell, there's no God or Devil...Just a place where we continue to exist after we die.I can be everywhere and nowhere.I can dissolve into nothing or become whole again.I can merge my soul with others or be more alone than any human being has ever been"

Reaction score
I don't believe in the concept of Hell.
I believe that there is a great spiritual world where one goes after death of their body, and there they might end up creating their own hell if they so feel inclined to it(mostly due to guilt), so that world can change due to one's own perception but by itself it isn't neither good nor evil.It just exists.

I like to think of it like a mix between the spiritual world from Beyond: Two Souls(a game) and the spiritual world form Legend of Korra.

As Jodie(the main character of the game) says: "Neither heaven nor hell, there's no God or Devil...Just a place where we continue to exist after we die.I can be everywhere and nowhere.I can dissolve into nothing or become whole again.I can merge my soul with others or be more alone than any human being has ever been"
That would be nice, I just don’t have sufficient warrant to grant that myself. We would still have to answer where it came from and why it was like that, how it went from being a potential to being actualized, who was the actualizer, what does it mean to be human, what is the significance of bodily mortality and existence, is it meaningful to leave the body behind or should it be retained so that we are true microcosms of the macrocosm across all the realms etc. lots to consider.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I had an experience one night during meditation, where I was visualizing myself in this Dark place and there was a Spiritual Being that I've Saw who appeared to me. She was made out of reddish-orange flames, and Her eyes were fiery red. We went to the so-called lake of fire. This Elemental Being, commanded me to jump in. All of a sudden, I was OK, with no pain, nor agony. I had fun in the lake o fire. I felt warmth soothing sensation like the Sun on a hot summer day.

In other words, I discovered that nothing can't happen to your Soul when you die. So there is no hell in reality.

Reaction score
I had an experience one night during meditation, where I was visualizing myself in this Dark place and there was a Spiritual Being that I've Saw who appeared to me. She was made out of reddish-orange flames, and Her eyes were fiery red. We went to the so-called lake of fire. This Elemental Being, commanded me to jump in. All of a sudden, I was OK, with no pain, nor agony. I had fun in the lake o fire. I felt warmth soothing sensation like the Sun on a hot summer day.

In other words, I discovered that nothing can't happen to your Soul when you die. So there is no hell in reality.
I would be too afraid of my need for consolation to trust that kind of a vision. My
Potential for self-deception would just be off the charts with regard to eternal suffering. Just me though.

Dralex

Neophyte
Reaction score
Honestly, my opinion: We go through hell everyday, this is mostly hell. After life, the spirit repeats patterns of their subconsciousness once they are still trapped in so many cultural, religious, personal segments that it is revealed as hell per se. But, that is my opinion.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I remember a sermon by a priest in which he said that the fiery pit, the torment and so on was just a metaphor - in reality, condemned souls suffered because they were separated from God's splendour and grace and felt that painful separation from the Divine light every moment.

Personally, I just hope for oblivion and total extinction when I'm dead, no heaven, no hell, no reincarnation, nothing, but the supernatural powers that be may have other ideas, dunno.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Decades ago a local billionaire fell off his polo pony and had a NDE. He said he was alone in a dark cold place that was very spiky. He did not want to go back there,

Some have very pleasant NDEs and have to be sent back to their physical body.

It may be like hallucinogens - the starting consciousness determines the inner planes experience.

Hence perhaps the Roman Catholic emphasis on having your sins forgiven before you die

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly, my opinion: We go through hell everyday, this is mostly hell. After life, the spirit repeats patterns of their subconsciousness once they are still trapped in so many cultural, religious, personal segments that it is revealed as hell per se. But, that is my opinion.
You said it Dralex, thank you for responding.
Post automatically merged:

In reality, perhaps if you are of a lower vibrational nature. You may experience an unease black Void, but even those Souls don't get tormented. God is not Evil. And, if there's a God who sends people to hell. He is not the God I want to meet. Period.

Last edited: