• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] The increase of evil in the world

Everyone's got one.

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
People call demons evil because, in English, the word loosely translates into "evil spirit" and comes to us as a concept from Christianity. Ignoring this guarantees a miscommunication.
But the question is why is there an increase of Evil. The answer is because there is an increase of people. Evil is when people violate their taboos, obligations or restrictions that come with people when they're born. These things are directly related to their purpose. God(for lack of a better term) has plans for us all and when we resist our destinies Evil happens.
Christianity, Buddhism, Al Islam, and their derivatives explicitly encourage the disregard of the individual's and family's taboos to favor the ethnic taboos of these religions' imperial vehicles.
The religions have their merits and I do not characterize them as evil per se, but they have chosen or have been chosen to spread by evil means to enforce an evil end.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Evil is when people violate their taboos, obligations or restrictions that come with people when they're born.
I like to think that about age 21 I made conscious choices about the beliefs I was taught and had demonstrated to me.

I felt very foolish as I observed myself acting out those beliefs.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The Rabbi I listen too has an interesting perspective on certain psychological apocalypse

Part of society’s destruction is caused today because of toxic feminism, the twisting of the family, gender roles, etc. I found that to be interesting considering years ago people were fighting for equal rights, gay rights, etc

now they're celebrating slut walks, abortion on demand, men competing in woman’s sports

Reaction score
Awards
I was raised with the explanations given from scripture that humanity has been living in the "last days" (Matthew 24; Revelation 12) of the wicked world system alienated from God due to original sin. I was taught that the Great War in Heaven spoken of in Revelation 12 resulted in "woe for the Earth," and that Satan's "short period of time" began in 1914 with the first World War.

The Devil offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world in exchange for one act of worship. I was taught that the rulers of mankind have been under Satan's control ever since the sin of Adam. Therefore, it was actually in Satan's power to tempt Jesus to switch sides at that time. However, before the final battle on the Earth there would be "Great Tribulation such as has not occurred before, nor will occur again."

Of course, I left the religion of my youth due to the blatant self agrandisement of the "Governing Body" in many of their books and magazines (almost every prophesy somehow pointed to them, these 'spirit-anointed' men in charge of JWs), their literalist interpretations of everything in the Bible, their love of real estate holdings and free labor from the membership, their use of lawyers to avoid financial losses in lawsuits, and reports of corruption within the leadership.

From my rationalist side, I'm aware that civilizations follow patterns of growth and collapse. Many, many books have been written by scholars and scientists from various disciplines examining how we got where we are today, and the likely future course of events from the effects of pollution, resource depletion, population overshoot, etc. A couple books I've read are Jared Diamond's Collapse and Derrick Jensen's Endgame. We are simply fortunate to live at a unique time in the existence of our species on this planet. Even by purely natural means and lifespans, billions of people will die in this century. Nothing like that level of death for humankind has ever happened before, and it's a function of cause and effect on a grand scale. But it's a mere blip, a moment here and gone, in the life of the Earth itself.

All the spirits have their functions, and there are definite imbalances happening at present. I'll end with a quote from The Magical Knowledge Trilogy by Josephine McCarthy:

"We limit ourselves by our need to contain power and make it do what we want it to. Our imaginations and ability to look at the longer-range prospect of an action is so limited that we cannot possibly mediate the full flow of power and contain it. We end up in a losing battle with nature and the forces that flow all around us. And when those forces do things we do not like and we cannot control, we label them as evil. Such behaviour is a pattern within humanity that rears its head from the smallest issue to the biggest project.

[...]

"A good example of this is the tale of Lilith. This power, which is a hive consciousness, is the force of storms/the wind in the desert, which often brings death to the weak. This power, identified in some desert cultures as female, and in others as male, also began to be connected in near eastern myths with parasitical powers that induced sexual dreams in god fearing Jewish men (it was her, they cry, I didn’t do anything...yeah right). Often such ‘evil winds’ or destructive storms do have beings that flow with them, that are parasitical in nature, but they are the ‘hangers on’ not the power of the storm itself (like the ticks on the back of a ferocious dog).

"Back to Lilith. So the power of the destructive storms, or the winds that blow in disease and death, became feared, reviled, and ‘amulets a many’ were created to keep her/them/it at bay. But no-one ever stops to ask what true function this destructive power has in our world.

"The power of the storms is about keeping the land healthy, and the tides of death are nature’s way of taking out the very old and very young. It is a tough, but natural way the land keeps populations of various species in check. So instead of battling the storms with magic, how about learning to live with them in a healthy way? How about learning about their power and working with them in service–or at least how to get out of their way without trying to attack them head on? By doing so, the magician learns to tune into the power, and will even feel it coming: he will feel its intention, its path, and its force, and will be able to act accordingly. Should he work with it? Hunker down? Become invisible to it?

"Such a magical connection with the land and power was adeptly displayed by the Adaman Island’s aboriginal Indians, who live on a string of islands in the Indian Ocean. When a tsunami hit, they were already safely tucked away at the top of the hills. They moved hours before the giant wave hit. They were in tune with the land and talked to the sea. They knew the earthquake was coming and they knew the sea was coming, so they got out of the way."
I can see a lot of this, there was an interesting book on Millenialism Theory, I think the term is, and yeah, Ive spoken with a few who acknowledge this world as a fallen world. It doesn't mean random acts of kindness should disappear. Funny, I haven't thought about or done them since I quit my martial arts class, and got busy with life and whatnot.

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I like to think that about age 21 I made conscious choices about the beliefs I was taught and had demonstrated to me.

I felt very foolish as I observed myself acting out those beliefs.
The beliefs that we're taught or have demonstrated for us in our homes and societies are very different from our bans and obligations, collectively known as taboos, that are enjoined on us before conception.

Reaction score
Awards
I am a bit lost on the taboos before conception. The closest I can think of is "Behold, I was shaped in inquiry, and in sin did my mother conceive me" (Ps 51:5)

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Would you like to give some examples of taboos from before conception?
I am a bit lost on the taboos before conception. The closest I can think of is "Behold, I was shaped in inquiry, and in sin did my mother conceive me" (Ps 51:5)
People of the Books often tend to have problems with this one, but I will try my best.
This is easier for Muslims to grasp because they have the doctrine of the Fitra, alluding to oaths people make to God when we are pre incarnated spirits.
The Jewish also make reference to this time in their discussions of the Guf and the promises extracted from the Righteous Souls while they're in the Guf.
Taboos are obligations and restrictions placed on you by a spirit or ancestor. In the case of taboos that predate conception we receive at least two; one from God to facilitate the burden of our destinies and one from our ancestors that express the best and/or worst nature of that line. Both of these are far more complex than this simple explanation but Vodou is experiential and doesn't lend itself well to articulation.
So I hope this addresses your questions and if not let me know and maybe we can walk a better answer in.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
alluding to oaths people make to God when we are pre incarnated spirits.
I know several spirits from outside this universe that have taken human form. One woman, in her human part, wishes to have choice about what she does as a human, however her mission directive was set/agreed before she entered this galaxy. A few days ago she concluded control of her emotional system and is now much more stable in her intent

As for ancestors, I have certainly noticed ancestor influences. For example my birth family ancestors were continuing a long term battle with the birth family ancestors of my wife. When I spotted that, there was an involuntary merger of the two ancestor groups and my marriage difficulties disappeared a few minutes later

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
People of the Books often tend to have problems with this one, but I will try my best.
This is easier for Muslims to grasp because they have the doctrine of the Fitra, alluding to oaths people make to God when we are pre incarnated spirits.
The Jewish also make reference to this time in their discussions of the Guf and the promises extracted from the Righteous Souls while they're in the Guf.
Taboos are obligations and restrictions placed on you by a spirit or ancestor. In the case of taboos that predate conception we receive at least two; one from God to facilitate the burden of our destinies and one from our ancestors that express the best and/or worst nature of that line. Both of these are far more complex than this simple explanation but Vodou is experiential and doesn't lend itself well to articulation.
So I hope this addresses your questions and if not let me know and maybe we can walk a better answer in.
Correct, or one Rabbi said something like before one incarnates they say they promise to be righteous

though this is viewed through a Jewish lens

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
(Not an attack on the LHP or Black Magicians, just an opinion based on experience of self and others)

Is due primarily to people opening the gates to the Qlippoth and public praise to demons. A black magician I knew explained that when these are done, it allows them a bridge (forget the exit words used) to this world and dimension. This creates "spillover" (increase in evil).

So, perhaps some gates might be able to be closed, shut and locked from the outside via White Magick?
Not trying to create a battle between LHP and RHP, but there should always be limits and balance.

Or, evoke angels often/invoke angels often, or godnames invoked daily. Or, perhaps RHP could give public praise to their deities on these forums ASAP. Daily. Climb the Tree of Life and create spillover.

Myself included.
Good and Evil is subjective. Things aren't that bad if you compare how things are now to something like the dark ages.

What's really happening is Christians and boomers are shilling it's the end of the world because things are changing too fast for them. They can't understand there's more to life than living like you're a conservative Christian from the 50s.

Anyways, I like where things are headed. We're getting there and all the people who stand in the way of progress are getting weeded out. Shit happens, shit changes. I mean everything has it's season.

Did you know before the federation came into being and they created paradise on earth humanity almost became extinct?

I have faith humanity will prevail.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Good and Evil is subjective. Things aren't that bad if you compare how things are now to something like the dark ages.

What's really happening is Christians and boomers are shilling it's the end of the world because things are changing too fast for them. They can't understand there's more to life than living like you're a conservative Christian from the 50s.

Anyways, I like where things are headed. We're getting there and all the people who stand in the way of progress are getting weeded out. Shit happens, shit changes. I mean everything has it's season.

Did you know before the federation came into being and they created paradise on earth humanity almost became extinct?

I have faith humanity will prevail.
What 8s progress in your opinion ?

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Well it becomes a problem when people use it as an excuse to be hateful towards other people because they are different than them. Plus a lot of religious people are closed minded. And these close minded people are the ones who make laws that hinder growth and cause stagnation. I'm assuming you're an American. How many times have you seen elected people make laws and decisions based on religion when there's supposed to be a separation between church and state?

Reaction score
Awards
There are the food for a year buckets you can get virtually anywhere. Get into canning and jarring, and living like the Appalachian folks did through the Great Depression. You can get a contraption that washed slothes by hand and hang them in the sun and wind to dry, at least in non rainy or snowy months. Not a bad idea to prep, even from brief natural accidents/catastrophes. Most states and FEMA have Emergency Checklists for Natural Disasters.
Gold and silver may not even be worth it. Since I have free education available to me, Im going to take as many cross functional but transferable skill programs, from Paramedic to Teacher to Networking to Cooking to whatnot.
Grow the F out of your herbs and veggies. If nothing else, make canning and jarring priority. Id get a reflective tent and light ballast and grow plants like weed is grown.
I'd like to take all of my own advice, but I live in poverty at the moment, so no miracles aside will save me from decades yet of hard work (hopefully at some point better pay as I go past the years of retirement and approaching end of years still working to pay rent.
If I was evil, I'd go up against evil people just because of their sheer lunacy and cruelty toward the human race, in which, they appear to no long be if ever were, human. Even on the side of "light" something can be done.

Reaction score
Awards
Exactly. If anything, this is just another decades-long episode of humanity writing checks their ass couldn't cash. Actions have consequences, everything goes in cycles. Things will probably get much worse before they get better at this point, though it's gonna really suck ass for all the innocent people affected.

All most of us can do, sadly, is have a plan to cover our own asses, stay sane and then help whoever we can. I've been looking at growing more food for myself and the family, especially as shit gets so expensive at the store. Been starting to keep stuff like camp stoves, candles and battery packs on hand for the blackouts that are already happening. Maintaining your wards is always good as well. Though the way local politics are going scares the fuck outta me right now, which makes for one more incentive to move at some point soon.
The above was in reference to this.

Reaction score
Awards
"A Kingdom divided cannot stand".
Yeheshuwah stated that Satans kingdom was divided. Ive heard of a report from a dark arts practitioner doing path workings or whatnot that resulted in knowledge of regular wars occurring in hell. Even in Thaumiel there is the indication of instability as not only an additional qlipha, but is a divided one in itself. This means it cannot stand, there will always be problems and instability.
Which leads to the idea why? What makes it so different down there than it is here right now, aside from Fear of the State?
Even there there is some loose from of law enforcement. The Lake of Fire is real.
What I dont think people get is that much as it is here, its an illusion.
That means wars and the lake of fire as a constant, all else illusion, constant power grabs, Sure its a td more exciting than the idea of heaven, but its not like maxin and relaxin in the theatre watching an action flick for a couple hours.
Nope, a lot longer than that.

So, it seems to me the best course of action is for all to be true to their own self. If you wanna go there, have fun. If you dont, perhaps bring back daily random acts of kindness and make it a lifelong commitment, do works of Light, maintain the energy of Light, this seems to me to be our collective responsibility, Magician or Mystic.
Or I could be completely off base as the Neophyte.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
knowledge of regular wars occurring in hell.
I'm going to use my imagination here for a bit. I don't believe that the demons are inherently 'evil,' nor are angels inherently 'good.' A solar flare is not any more 'evil' than a hurricane, Both are feared by modern human societies which are built upon and dependent on extractive economies and complex yet delicate technologies. On the other hand, a perfect lawn is considered 'good' by most people living in so-called advanced societies despite being one of the worst ways of misusing land in terms of destroying diversity and misappropriating limited water resources (in some areas).

I imagine that right now there are groups associated with very powerful interests and agencies in governments and corporations around the world, likely involving associations of billionaires and think tanks, which are using magick to bring about change according to Will, and they are using demons in an attempt to accomplish their goals. Try to imagine what would happen if there are different goals and agendas, not to mention the flows and reflections of the World Soul (Astral Light), and how that might impact the demons? I imagine the demons are just trying to do as asked, and they wind up in conflict with themselves and between themselves because of conflicts among 'tribes' of humans.

I imagine that individual humans who work with demons on a local level, the local spirits in the hierarchy, probably avoid entanglements in the wars. One can contact a demon in one's preferred method, and given that one uses the proper authority, the demon passes the request on to the local spirits. Thus the request may be filled, or not. Coagula and Solve.

I imagine that the angels are unified, which makes them less responsive to the requests of individual magicians, but perhaps impervious to the demands made by powerful humans in governments, agencies, and corporations.

I also imagine that Dion Fortune was naively projecting her British culture when she wrote of things like occult 'police' existing for the good of humanity in her little corner of the world; meanwhile the abuses of imperialistic nations were glossed over in pursuit of building economic empires that left entire nations in extreme poverty. The demons aren't the cause of the wars, but they do fight us and each other according to the whims of insane people with agendas who have come to believe they own the planet and you and me.

And with that, I'm finished with my imaginary story! I hope you enjoyed it. :unsure: