• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Qlippoth

Callie

Neophyte
Many of us have read the books (Karlsson, Grant, Mason, others I'm not familiar with), and several of us are fascinated by the aesthetics of LHP Qlippoth workings, but has anyone actually done any of them? I'm very fascinated by the Tree of Death and Knowledge, but even though I have been considering adding this magic to my practice, I hesitate. It takes a lot of nerve to court destruction, and at least in historical terms the Shells were not about raising us to a higher or stronger state, but leaving us depleted, ruined, barren, and confused.

So, even if you were inclined to traffic with "dark" forces (as I am, though what is considered dark or not is relative), why the Qlippoth? What power do they offer that other schemes do not? What have they done for you?

Please share your personal experiences. I'm less interested in an argument than I am in hearing your perspectives on this. Though if anyone can recommend good books, aside from those mentioned above, I'm very interested to hear them too.

Callie

Neophyte
Here are my thoughts, to get the ball rolling: the Qlippoth (and Sefirot) are imaginative constructs designed to lead to a certain kind of inner exploration. The original Kabbalists, being devoutly religious, would have laughed at the idea of using their concept of utter failure and depravity as a way to achieve power. That would be like walking through a plague city to improve your immune system.

However, after Grant, modern occultists have repurposed these ideas for other goals. These goals usually include some increase in personal psychic/magical/and mental power. They are connect with a quest for personal immortality and ascension to godhood (however you define that). Potent stuff, but not at all what the original folks who conceptualized the Qlippoth had in mind. Which is fine. We're here to do our own work, not the work of the dead. Which is why I ask here. How do the Qlippoth figure in your own work, if at all?

Jackson

Visitor
Parfaxitas was the first spirit I called which resulted in a contact. However, I am not advanced enough to know if it was actually partaxitas, I would have to have my associate look into it.

Scottish_Pride

Apprentice
Sorry if I'm a little late to this. On the question of tapping into negative/destructive forces in general, though, there are people who believe that said things are as much a good part of one's life as the positive flipside. Obviously nobody wishes their own destruction or that of those close to them, but according to said perspective, destruction represents the "tearing down" of things necessary to keep you moving forward. Basically a very brutal form of tough love, and the struggles in life that you have to overcome to become a better person.

That being said, LHP work will always require that you first have a very firm grasp on things such as protection, banishment, grounding, etc. Never summon or attempt to bind what you can't banish, always know exactly what you're dealing with and going to do beforehand, etc. This also applies to RHP and any other sort of path, but yeah. It's up to you to make sure things don't get out of hand, and you're still the one in control. Especially once major spirits and demons start getting involved, because they WILL try to test your ass if they think you're too weak to keep control.