• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] The USA should cease to trade with the Arab World

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
If people who are Arab Americans and sympathizers instead of chanting down with war are chanting down with the USA, then we should cease trading with the Arab World for any thing. No support from the military. No more oil or gas. No food or humanitarian aid. No money for hostages. We have oil and gas or can trade with South America and Europe. We have plenty of soil to grow food. We have plenty of money and food. Period.
Who took in Near East refugees? We did. Who bombed the World Trade Center towers? People from the Near East. Who wants America to cease to be by and large? People from the Near East. Period.

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is important to believe what your government tells you - even if it is wrong.

For example in 9/11 three towers fell straight down after being hit by two planes containing kerosene.

Fortunately the wreckage was sent to Korea.

Even more fortunately large numbers of federal staff were told not to come into work that day.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
If people who are Arab Americans and sympathizers instead of chanting down with war are chanting down with the USA, then we should cease trading with the Arab World for any thing. No support from the military. No more oil or gas. No food or humanitarian aid. No money for hostages. We have oil and gas or can trade with South America and Europe. We have plenty of soil to grow food. We have plenty of money and food. Period.
Who took in Near East refugees? We did. Who bombed the World Trade Center towers? People from the Near East. Who wants America to cease to be by and large? People from the Near East. Period.

I know I'm not a huge user of this forum, but I think I've read enough of your posts to know that you're a very thoughtful, open-minded, and (for want of a better word) warm kind of guy.

I don't think it's like you to take such a hard line (especially a media driven one) on a topic as complex as this...

Reaction score
Awards
I know I'm not a huge user of this forum, but I think I've read enough of your posts to know that you're a very thoughtful, open-minded, and (for want of a better word) warm kind of guy.

I don't think it's like you to take such a hard line (especially a media driven one) on a topic as complex as this...
I'm just sick of people biting the hand that feeds it.
I noticed while selling the homeless newspaper, that two groups in particular flat out ignored me..Asian Americans and Arab Americans.
Many Arabs, mainly from Iran and Yemen, used to call the USA the Great Satan.
Yet they largely fund terrorism groups.
Nobody is happy unless we do trade with them. However, they get weaponry mainly from Russia and China.
Just sick of it and if I disagree in public about it, likely it would be an accusation of a hate crime.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
For the record, I am strongly anti-Israel. Plus, I think the U.S. long ago morphed into a tool of interests inimical to its founding culture and folk. Still and all, it is madness for that country to support persons and causes that hate them. One can buy (or rather rent) "friends," sometimes. One also creates an entire economy of persons accepting---or demanding---aid then despising the giver. DelFuego's basic contention is sound: don't feed the dog that kills your chickens.

Reaction score
Awards
For the record, I am strongly anti-Israel. Plus, I think the U.S. long ago morphed into a tool of interests inimical to its founding culture and folk. Still and all, it is madness for that country to support persons and causes that hate them. One can buy (or rather rent) "friends," sometimes. One also creates an entire economy of persons accepting---or demanding---aid then despising the giver. DelFuego's basic contention is sound: don't feed the dog that kills your chickens.
💯. Exactly.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The Care Bears are the most influential philosophers in the West. Love your enemies BEACAUSE they hate you. Even if there is a Judeo-Christian heaven, the price of admission is shameful. For today's secularists to go pandering the same ethic beggars belief, sinks beneath contempt.
They also went around with plasma cannons on their stomach blasting people/creatures ;)

Reaction score
Awards
What's the harm in ceasing to trade with the Near East/Arabian lands?
Better than dropping fuel air explosives or conventional warfare.
Ceasing to trade with the Near East is a more peaceful route.

Reaction score
Awards
The Care Bears are the most influential philosophers in the West. Love your enemies BEACAUSE they hate you. Even if there is a Judeo-Christian heaven, the price of admission is shameful. For today's secularists to go pandering the same ethic beggars belief, sinks beneath contempt.
Rather than killing our neighbors, who continually war with each other, with weaponry we provide, we in the West should cease to assist in murder. That's the point of ceasing to trade with them and take a hands off foreign policy method. Until they can act like grown ups,mits better than us in the USA to go to war and solve our own domestic problems .. including increased border patrol policing. In other words not harboring domestic terrorists.
Post automatically merged:

I suggest the US reopens oil fields first
This would be helpful.

Just this morning, on the news they were talking about shallow reserves, which exist in the panhandles of Texas and Louisiana, and thinking of reopening them.
We also have reserves on Indian (Native American) lands.
One of the Presidents somewhere in the 50s through 70s had closed them off, presumably with various wars inevitably in the Near East countries.
Again, the United States can barter with Europe and South America for gas and oil.
Or, step up on Lithium purchases for batteries for electric cars, phasing out the need for gas guzzler cars, with clean energy powering electric cars, and bring back cable cars for public transit expansion.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not American, and I haven't been touching much on foreign History as of late, so do correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the whole "terorist issue" started after the USA used a false pretext to invade Afghanistan(to steal their resources, I think)?And weren't the so called terrorists there actually a group of people previously taught and armed by the USa in order to bring down the previous government(or dictator, I forgot which it was) of the area?

So, wouldn't USA's issue with terrorists and terrorism literally be something that the US made it themselves due to interfering with another country?
That kind of defeats the argument that the US shouldn't help those that have in their midst people that hate and fight against it, since they(the US) went into another country in order to reign their own brand of terror first.
Don't forget, the US meddle into the governments of many countries, even altering their natural courses and history, for their own selfish reasons and leaving the people in those countries to their own fate.

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not American, and I haven't been touching much on foreign History as of late, so do correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the whole "terorist issue" started after the USA used a false pretext to invade Afghanistan(to steal their resources, I think)?And weren't the so called terrorists there actually a group of people previously taught and armed by the USa in order to bring down the previous government(or dictator, I forgot which it was) of the area?

So, wouldn't USA's issue with terrorists and terrorism literally be something that the US made it themselves due to interfering with another country?
That kind of defeats the argument that the US shouldn't help those that have in their midst people that hate and fight against it, since they(the US) went into another country in order to reign their own brand of terror first.
Don't forget, the US meddle into the governments of many countries, even altering their natural courses and history, for their own selfish reasons and leaving the people in those countries to their own fate.
No, terrorism exists due to ultra conservative leaders of certain countries.

Prior to President Carter, terrorism existed in Iran. Even when the Shah of Iran was in office who came to the USA for medical treatment.

When the Ayatollah seized power, dethroning the Shah, terrorism flared up and several Americans were taken hostage by Ayatollah sponsored terrorists.

That's why we came in to try to rescue them, the helicopter went down, and they were held hostage. Reagan became President and sent in Delta Force for search and rescue.

It doesn't really matter though, without any other non middle East country supporting any of them, the middle East countries would war with themselves to eternity. Same with Islamic people anywhere less modern.

That's why I've said we should cease everything with the Middle East, because they will always war with themselves anyway.

Don't forget Americans non Muslim go to Mecca to experience it and are regularly taken hostage.

That's why they should cease to exist in terms of Us Aid and foreign policy.

Reaction score
Awards
Trump said something similar.
Yet Trump like every President since Carter went to war in the Near East.
So which is better, contributing to war senselessly,.or placing trade restrictions on the USA and the Middle East/Near East?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The alien gods were very active in the Middle East. They did much underground to be safe from the periodic war in the heavens.

Much of their infrastructure and technology remains underground.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

initmul

Neophyte
Reaction score
It's certainly heartening to see that good old American orientalism and refusal to look at the US war record (in both senses of the word) are alive and well.

Yepp. Let's all sing along to the theme of "Team America" ;)

The alien gods were very active in the Middle East. They did much underground to be safe from the periodic war in the heavens.

Much of their infrastructure and technology remains underground.

The ground penetrating radar images made in the 60s or something are available to everyone. No underground lairs or secret chambers, I'm afraid.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
No, terrorism exists due to ultra conservative leaders of certain countries.

Prior to President Carter, terrorism existed in Iran. Even when the Shah of Iran was in office who came to the USA for medical treatment.

When the Ayatollah seized power, dethroning the Shah, terrorism flared up and several Americans were taken hostage by Ayatollah sponsored terrorists.

That's why we came in to try to rescue them, the helicopter went down, and they were held hostage. Reagan became President and sent in Delta Force for search and rescue.

It doesn't really matter though, without any other non middle East country supporting any of them, the middle East countries would war with themselves to eternity. Same with Islamic people anywhere less modern.

That's why I've said we should cease everything with the Middle East, because they will always war with themselves anyway.

Don't forget Americans non Muslim go to Mecca to experience it and are regularly taken hostage.

That's why they should cease to exist in terms of Us Aid and foreign policy.
Hey, in the late 40's, the Zionists in Palestine were the terrorists.

Again, which is better: War or trade restrictions?
The former is monetarily costly; the latter takes a long time. (plus there are all kind of work-arounds. For most of WW1, the Brits fed Germany that way.) War is especially costly for the U.S., since there is a rebuilding racket that has the gummermint footing the bill for reconstructing what it bombed. Here the Shylock agenda joins hand with what the old Romans called "fastidium."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Well, I've said my peace.
More than likely the higher ups like Haliburton's owners wouldn't go for it either.
Nor would those American's that are pro war or munitions or weapons manufacturers.
I'm not pro Israel either, considering the provoking they have done in the past and present.
I guess all I can do is to not support anything from the Middle East if I can help it, including when I'm back in charge of my life, use a bike instead of driving anywhere, use the least amount of utilities possible, no sales of anything manufactured there, boycott middle East products etc. And lots and lots of anti War letters to government officials.

By the way, this 8s not a diss to anyone from near East ethnicity...just my personal thoughts on needless wars.

Last edited: