• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Report The Works of Robert Monroe

A post detailing the poster's experience/thoughts with a book.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Robert Monroe wrote three books, Journeys out of the Body, Far Journeys, and the Ultimate Journey

in the late 50s Monroe started having out of body experiences after working with self hypnosis, it triggered this ability in him.

in his travels Monroe saw many wild things from astral sex, spirit parasites, what seemed to be like alternative universes, other planets, inner earth? What He’s said also matches up with a lot of Literature in Kabbalah and Esoteric literature, such as what I believe are the Akashic records, reincarnation, etc

by that I mean that even our solar system is inhabited by other life forms on a different dimensional plane. Monroe also encountered higher dimension beings that observed us (angels?)and wanted us to evolve this also matches with other literature.

Could we be living in a dream? Gods dream?

Monroe also opened an institute to keep up these experiments called the Monroe Institute.

tranmut3

Neophyte
Reaction score
i got far journeys on audible, the first half of the book was extremely boring, just like an advert for the monroe institute, full of references to equipement and techniques that an individual couldn't do, very frustrating.
then - BANG the book suddenly took off, with recounting of OBE's of monroe and other subjects. fascinating.
descriptions of creatures from other realms, interactions with people after death, wonderful stuff. i do sometimes wonder if all bodies of magick are not related as there seem to be parallels with many other systems.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i got far journeys on audible, the first half of the book was extremely boring, just like an advert for the monroe institute, full of references to equipement and techniques that an individual couldn't do, very frustrating.
then - BANG the book suddenly took off, with recounting of OBE's of monroe and other subjects. fascinating.
descriptions of creatures from other realms, interactions with people after death, wonderful stuff. i do sometimes wonder if all bodies of magick are not related as there seem to be parallels with many other systems.
It def parallels with some stuff I’ve read in Kabbalah

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I've finished reading the three books by Mr. Monroe, and I must say it's not what I expected. And that's a good thing. I believe it has shown me the potential for a Different Overview. Of course, Belief is not Experience. I have never had a Near Death Experience, nor have I ever found myself somehow "outside" my body in any fully conscious way. I've got dream diary entries now for the past three months, and I have recorded several flying dreams. I know from personal experience that sleep deprivation can bring on conscious "sleep" paralysis and "loud" inner vibrations. I've read that this can be an exit stage for the second body. What I lack is Proof: an actual Out of Body Experience. I have yet to experience one, but having read the books, I decided to add something to the discussion here.

Mr. Monroe was not dogmatic. His approach was scientific from the very beginning. He was a successful person who needed answers to what he was experiencing. He wanted others to Know, not just accept his word for it; if you're telling the truth, why get upset when someone says they need proof?

"So it must be said: the Different Overview you are beginning to consider can be at most only a belief until you begin to test it for validity within your own ongoing experience during your life as an active Human Mind. As small beliefs convert to Knowns, perhaps larger Different Overview beliefs will follow the same path—until you are free.

"From this point on, the delivery of a personal narrative seems the most convenient and definitive method of explanation. What to me are Knowns can produce only beliefs in you unless you have had or are having similar experiences that demand verification. Let me therefore attempt to tell it “like it is” for me, allowing you to form your own beliefs which experience may in time convert to Knowns." - The Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe

So, The Monroe Institute has been exploring human consciousness for decades. They use what they call Hemi-Sync audio to induce altered states of consciousness. At least some of this material is available on archive.org:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

also here:

books:

Gateway Experience Workbook:

Gateway Experience Manual:

and here:

The Gateway Affirmation
I am more than my physical body. Because I am more than physical matter, I deeply desire to Expand, to Experience; to Know, to Understand; to Control, to Use such greater energies and energy systems as may be beneficial and constructive to me and to those near and close to me. Also, I deeply desire the help and cooperation, the assistance, the understanding of those individuals whose wisdom, development, and experience are equal or greater than my own.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Could we be living in a dream?
It's more likely we're living in a simulation. The worst thing about it Morty is we're probably not the original Rick and Morty. So it's like what's the purpose if im not even the real me and I'm some half-ass copy?

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It's more likely we're living in a simulation.
Monroe calls it Time-Space Illusion. It seems obvious to me that he greatly simplified much of his experience in order to keep it understandable. After all, how would one describe a color that our eyes cannot see or sounds that our ears cannot hear?

Also, according to Monroe, the .... 'simulation' wasn't made for our benefit, at least not initially.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Monroe calls it Time-Space Illusion. It seems obvious to me that he greatly simplified much of his experience in order to keep it understandable. After all, how would one describe a color that our eyes cannot see or sounds that our ears cannot hear?

Also, according to Monroe, the .... 'simulation' wasn't made for our benefit, at least not initially.
I always say our language has limitations. And I'm certain that humans are pretty insignificant in comparison to the larger scheme of existence.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
It's more likely we're living in a simulation. The worst thing about it Morty is we're probably not the original Rick and Morty. So it's like what's the purpose if im not even the real me and I'm some half-ass copy?
Good old simulation theory. That one really crossed my wires when I first learned about it. Eventually I figured what the hell, it all seems real as far as my perception is concerned. If I take sugar pills and defeat a disease, what’s the point in saying the medicine is fake?

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Well Monroe is on to something. I got into his work for a little while back in 2013. I got to the point where I started having oobes on a regular basis and I started working with the Qliphoth.

The thing is these oobes are so real they can be described as going to an alternate dimension. Like I've been places that are just as solid as the current waking world we live in.

I feel like if there's a way to escape the simulation it is through doing this. Perhaps the reason why we don't stay out of body is the archons? Or it's something simple like energy depletion. If it's the second reason then it makes sense why vampirism and oobes used to go hand in hand in the older vampire traditions.

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps the reason why we don't stay out of body is the archons?
"The conditions of entering physical life as a human are relatively strict. It is as if a detailed agreement is entered into. First, the energy form must agree that time-space truly does exist. Without this agreement, it is impossible to have primary human consciousness. The energy form must agree that there is a time, such as the 1980s or any other time frame by earth reckoning. It must be agreed also that there truly is a planet earth designed and created in the form that it is. It must further agree that consciousness expressed as a human has certain characteristics and limitations.
"The blanking or sublimation of previous experience is a part of the process. This is to assure that there will be a minimum of interference in the performance as a human caused by previous life patterns, physical and in other realities. Bear in mind that this is all at the conscious perceiving level; it is not removed from the essence of the energy form accepting the agreement. Such experience will remain with the newly human energy form in a nonconscious state. This is important because such experience or purpose may well be the underlying motive that is the driving force behind the performance of such energy in human existence.
"Once a decision or agreement has been reached, a propitious and probable birth entry point is selected, taking into consideration the genetic, environmental, social, political, and economic elements that may—not absolutely—ensure the realization of the purpose for such entry. Many times, due to the possibility that all factors may not be appropriate and suitable, some entries are made simply on the possibility or hope that the goals can be achieved. Often there are so many variables present that it in turn presents a most enticing challenge to simply try to beat the odds, as it were, or change them by thought and action. Some make it, some do not. ..." - Far Journeys by Robert Monroe, "Epilogue: End Game"

Of course, one can stay out of the body by the death of the physical body. The newly dead individual may face challenges due to the Belief System it had in that particular incarnation. The non-physical entity which is our true self is indestructible. Re-entry is highly probable due to the addictive nature of the Earth Life System. It's a "school" and a "game," even though we don't remember agreeing to participate in Human Time-Space Illusion. Ironically, I write this from the perspective of a "believer," which means that while the knowledge I've gained from reading the books seems very plausible, I have no Experience yet which would remove my fear of death. I'm working on it. This is a high priority for me.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
I get what you mean but I don't believe in the whole new age concept that we agreed to come here.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I don't believe in the whole new age concept that we agreed to come here.
I recall my rebirthing experience. As I came forward, about 18 months before my birth, I burst out: It's not my turn!

But such is life. Sometimes we have to take one for the team

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I don't believe in the whole new age concept that we agreed to come here.
Leaving aside the derogatory "new age" label for a moment, could one consider "agreements" between non-physical entities as analogous to legal agreements between humans? What about the agreements made between humans and non-physical entities, aka spirits, in magical practice? As above, so below? If Monroe's account is to be believed, there's an incredible variety of "life" in the Universe. At least some of it desires to have a physical body as can be seen in cases of spirit possession. Of course, if you have some plausible alternative to what Monroe has written...

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
I recall my rebirthing experience. As I came forward, about 18 months before my birth, I burst out: It's not my turn!

But such is life. Sometimes we have to take one for the team
I don't remember what is was like before I was born. I do believe in reincarnation but I don't think it's something people have a choice in.

I know myself inside and out. I've experienced the all in it's many forms and I've melted away in nothingness. In all that experience I haven't once came across anything that would imply that I'm here by choice.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Leaving aside the derogatory "new age" label for a moment, could one consider "agreements" between non-physical entities as analogous to legal agreements between humans? What about the agreements made between humans and non-physical entities, aka spirits, in magical practice? As above, so below? If Monroe's account is to be believed, there's an incredible variety of "life" in the Universe. At least some of it desires to have a physical body as can be seen in cases of spirit possession. Of course, if you have some plausible alternative to what Monroe has written...
Or Monroe could be wrong and it's just mental masturbation. You can't rule out the possibility that everything he has experienced is within his own mind. Anything autonomous could be his subconscious playing tricks on him. And there is no life out there outside of us. The ferma paradox is a plausible theory.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I haven't once came across anything that would imply that I'm here by choice.
Sometimes choices are not obvious. For example, improper dealing with an entity/human may require close relationship at a later/parallel time in order to allow the group relationship to be stablized

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes choices are not obvious. For example, improper dealing with an entity/human may require close relationship at a later/parallel time in order to allow the group relationship to be stablized
Well I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened to me.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes I don't know what you're on about. Idk how we got from to dealing with an entity improperly to me having no karma.

Yeah I have karma. I've been dealing with family/generational karma all my life. And I've been doing my best to atone for all the horrible things I've done.

Idk how this has anything to do with choosing to be here. Lol, I swear a lot of magicians act like this is some video game were you get to choose your stats and what size tits you have. I don't remember that happening and I'm a firm believer that it's more like someone hits the randomize button on you and abandons your ass here.