• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Using the "Big Voice" per Kraig - effectiveness of silent rituals

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
0er Modern Magick by Donald M Kraig, he mentions using the "Big Voice" in situations where silence and privacy are concerns.

What is your opinion on "vibrating" the words in your head, or whispering the words, in terms of effectiveness of the ritual being performed?

I am a house guest. It is the holiday season where other family members will be in the house. Privacy and secrecy are necessary for training of will.

So, the idea I have is using the "Big Voice" inside my head. I also cannot use candles or incense as a house guest or in rooms for rent.

This is also good for control of thought/mind.

So what is your opinion?

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It lacks that physical oopmh so to speak but I have successfully used it when I was in a similar situation 5 years ago. Definitely works. Also you could condense your rituals to gestures and mudras too, if you need to.

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks, I checked that other page too. Interesting stuff.
Post automatically merged:

It does make me wonder, however, if it is reliable no matter on what book you pick up and read.

I know intent is key, as well as devotion to a path.

The past thing I need is summoning demon hordes by reading the LKoS for example.

Forgot I had this open thread. Kudos to a guest finding it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all,

Due to the holidays the entire family will be here, and as a guest, I will not have the pleasure of vibrating godnames or words of power.

So, to not broadcast and keep the rule of silence (to the degree I am silent), I am opting to (per Donald Kraig) to use "The Big Voice".

Basically doing what you would normally do, just in your head. So opinion, must speech be physically uttered even if you are intending and willing only "The Big Voice"?

Whispering is a possibility only to the extent of a particular listener wondering why whispering is going on, and me being caught doing pentagrams or hexagrams in the air might raise concerns.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Basically doing what you would normally do, just in your head. So opinion, must speech be physically uttered even if you are intending and willing only "The Big Voice"?
Kinda having a hard time understanding this question, are you asking if it should be supported by any kind of speech? Or is it "hearing it in your head" kind? Latter is what I would do.

Reaction score
Awards
The point of the Big Voice is a still mind uttering in the head only what would otherwise be said or vibrated. Then the question becomes "Will that work"? Will or wont it do the job? Was Kraig just fluffing his book with a page of bullshit? Or is it possible to produce the same effects as normal speech?

Forgot I had an existing thread about this. Many apologies, and will look into Kinesis Magic by Tyson.

Last edited:

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah I am pretty sure we had this conversation before.

Take it from someone who could hurt his hears by "imagining" sound, it works but doesn't replace the physical.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, forgot I had another open thread on. this topic. Big Voice it is, I will see what transpires and note it in my Journal.

Thanks to all who contributed on either thread!!

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
tis the speaking can be either way. i talk in my mind with big voice many times without talking loud at all, though I haven’t read about the big voice before. maybe more time focus repetition can support while tuning into it finer as well.

Reaction score
Awards
Good point.
Perhaps use of The Big Voice will make me at the same time more aware of my usual self talk in my mind.
The Big Voice is a way to practice concentration and focused will while being silent in rituals.

Thank you for merging the two, again, my apologies for forgetting I'd already opened a thread on the subject!

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I also cannot use candles or incense as a house guest or in rooms for rent.
Not the same thing but...how about using those fake candles(the ones actually powered up with batteries) and perfume in place of actual candles and incense?

You make do with what you have, I think what counts more is the intention rather than the actual means in this case.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Aidan Wachter's Changeling has a couple of relevant sections - I'll post the visualisation one as a separate thread since it's a common issue

And his section for people in prison (who obviously can't use candles etc)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Another reason to use The Big Voice:

Even outside on your porch, or home alone with a window open, some members of your house may not hear you, but guaranteed one neighbor has an open ear and an open mouth.