• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Using the "Big Voice" per Kraig - effectiveness of silent rituals

Everyone's got one.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This Polyphanes' post is relevant. He is talking about speaking aloud, but he's talking about increasing the power of your voice and this would also increase the power of your silent voice

"This aikido-centric way of thinking about "speaking from the center" is what’s really being meant when other magicians talk about vibrating or intoning words or sounds. Some magicians talk about this from a physical standpoint, where you feel your body reverberate or feel the words reverberate in your head. What’s really being meant here is that you’re using your entire being to speak the word, not just the body with the lungs nor the thought with the mind. By all means, of course, vibrate your godnames until the Sun sets for the last time; it helps, and producing these sounds in the world is enough to cause changes in it and in yourself! It’s just like me speaking the prayers of conjuration without really saying them, as it were, since the prayers still worked when I merely spoke them.

But it’s the unification of the mind and body that really puts these prayers and names and sounds and chants on a whole different level than just saying them mentally or just saying them physically with no such unification.

When you intone sacred names in the LBRP or similar rituals, don’t just shout them out; connect, commune, and open yourself up to the beings and forces behind and within those words and bring themselves to you just as you bring yourself to them."

full post:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

TheMouse

Neophyte
Reaction score
i have found in my own practices . . . it’s all about intention and then some sort of action in 3D . . that action can be as small and simple as a whisper or a subtle hand gesture or changing an item of clothing . . . . . right now im really enjoying working tiny and quiet . . . . my biggest work is done in silent darkness with some barely perceptable movements . . . . it’s all about callibration . . . Ant Queens and their pheromones . . . invisible to us Big Folk . . . . the Power of a Thought. . . . lots of ways to work with it . . . . . . . . .

Reaction score
Awards
Funny ... Going back to my last reply, people don't, by and large, like to hear about magic, it's silly or creepy to them.
Reading Kabalah, Magic, and the Great Work of Self-Transformation.
Was reading out loud to drill into my head because it is easy to get distracted, and every noise possible arrived after pulls of silence with only my voice speaking.
People don't want to hear the mundane life is meaningless, and that magic restores us, so they try to drown it out by all means possible.
So, to avoid needless noise, The Big Voice is preferable.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
don’t just shout them out; connect, commune, and open yourself up to the beings
When I look to entities for cooperation it is based on right relationship. There is no physical sound and no threat.

Sometimes I point out that the bigger system needs to move on, and if the particular entity will not cooperate with the system owner, then it will be replaced. I advise that if it is replaced it will be posted into a group of similarly uncooperative entities

Faced with living with their own kind, they usually decide to cooperate at that point.

Reaction score
Awards
No offense, but what does this have to do with Donald Kraig's idea of silence in magic?

Reaction score
Awards
Now that I read it again, it's on topic. My apologies, my mistake.
Except in my last point, to be in right relationship with those around me would be to be a disbeliever in magic (and or mysticism, theosophy or the like) and pollute the air with words relating only to the status quo, keeping up with the Joneses and mundane bullshit.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
to be in right relationship with those around me would be to be a disbeliever in magic
Right relationship probably does not require identical practices and beliefs.

For example, female views of justice are often quite different from male views

Perhaps we all have our parts in the unfoldment of the Cosmos

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, true there are vast differences in views on any given subject.
But it is astounding how much unnecessary noise there was just trying to read aloud quietly one chapter of a book.
I'm grateful for my situation, and my dwelling place (temporary), but it is very opinionated and materialistic, everyone so concerned with their ideal image to everybody else.
Which was funny, because the topic was on the vast abyss between magic and the mundane.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In my view there is a spectrum from matter to spirit. Thus even those operating in the densest parts of the spectrum are still in the progression system.

If there is a matter-spirit spectrum, what is it that holds the spectrum in existence?

Does human magic help answer that question?

Reaction score
Awards
I would say only an Adept could answer that question. I am a Zelator. I would say about four years and I could churn out an answer to that one. Since I'm a Zelator, it's wise for me to not get stuck between worlds, and finish the book I started.
If nothing changes, perhaps at that point I could elaborate.
Sure, Spirit is everywhere.
My point is, is that by the four laws of the Sphinx, silence is golden. Particularly about those threatened by losing their life and livelihood to the neighborhood kook who has less but is more content. Even moreso some jobless guy that is content reading a book about magic in a well to do keeping up with the Joneses hood. Due to their unhappiness, they will create noise rather than to listen to the hood kook.