• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] We Need a Neologism!

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
OK, English has lots of words for circling the wagons and protecting cultural turf: racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic, Islamophobic, ableist, speciesist &c &c. I mean, truly the dictionary is so replete that it fairly bristles like a hedgehog's back. (Sorry---that's skatzochoirophobic* of me.) But what about us, the misunderstood magi? What's our get-outta-my-face default epithet? "You're a warlockophobe?" A witchist? Mismagistic? Potterpgobic? Think of this as kevlar in the contemporary Kulturkampf.

*from the Greek for hedgehog, and thank you Bing Translate!

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I thought we already tended to call them scientists or muggles, depending on which generation we're from. Normies gets bandied about occasionally as well.

It's not your fault though. You can thank Bing a second time.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"Scientists" can be a good thing or a neutral thing, though. We wants fightin' words! "Muggles"? Do not, I repeat NOT, come dumbling round my door with lame-ass J.K-off Rowlingisms like that. I have seen the word "mundanes" used, but that's too...well, mundane. There's a guy on some vanity-author site (Booksie? Martin Tyrsegg or Ernst DeSchoening) who uses the word "Mensch," but for him it has NS overtones. We want sumpin' less overtly political. What we need, see, is the kind of vocabule that could come wafting out of a seminar room at some high-power uni. One of those cultural deconstruction chambers where they're crossing the intersectionality and traffic guards be damned.

Like every second-rate wand waver says these days, our Aeon demands the utterance of a Word. I'm still waiting for the one I ordered up. Get on it there, chop-chop!
Post automatically merged:

occultophobe works for me, puritan second, muggle third.
Occultophobe ain't bad. I see tentacles waving when I hear it. See the entity squaring off with Cthulu hisself. ("That is not dead which ever-sleeping doth lie/ And with strange aeons even my GSL-debt might die.")

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Closed mindedness, woophobic, wizphobic ;-), puritan judge, witch burner...

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"Whizphobe" ain't bad. "Whizpyro" might be what I need. "Sorcerphobic" deserves a look. Heeeeey! How 'bout "witchdisser"?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Im simple, its them. No capital of course, cause thats pun intended.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
In the 70's TV programme "The Tomorrow People" they referred to ordinary humans as "Saps" - short for Homo Sapiens, but it certainly didn't sound polite.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In the 70's TV programme "The Tomorrow People" they referred to ordinary humans as "Saps" - short for Homo Sapiens, but it certainly didn't sound polite.
I think that was the idea. I'd suggest "Ho-saps," but that'd cause misunderstandings with women, gays, and Egyptologists.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
its not about misunderstanding, its about creating a most neutral dance. its very annoying to loose that cause some gender has sexual energies floating and toying in the wrong sense. it also cant be so that every one needs to be like catholic clergy, cause we are made to have and like sex. abstinators shouldnt be the ones ruling simple. and men in general are loosing their prowess, so me thinks the rest of us have a point. mr. xeno them. what do you think the military did to have sex? rape and male on male sex. and thats the point. there is no love in such flows. hence gay men and women alike are pointing out this way is wrong . and the Egyptologists where wise enough to support that cause, it took them the whole alphabet to understand, but they made it non then less.

and yes this was about 'them'. but its how religious asexuals created the world and as a 'no them' i can say the world has changed, clergy and military aint ruling.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
its not about misunderstanding, its about creating a most neutral dance. its very annoying to loose that cause some gender has sexual energies floating and toying in the wrong sense. it also cant be so that every one needs to be like catholic clergy, cause we are made to have and like sex. abstinators shouldnt be the ones ruling simple. and men in general are loosing their prowess, so me thinks the rest of us have a point. mr. xeno them. what do you think the military did to have sex? rape and male on male sex. and thats the point. there is no love in such flows. hence gay men and women alike are pointing out this way is wrong . and the Egyptologists where wise enough to support that cause, it took them the whole alphabet to understand, but they made it non then less.

and yes this was about 'them'. but its how religious asexuals created the world and as a 'no them' i can say the world has changed, clergy and military aint ruling.
What on earth are you babbling about? Someone suggested "saps" might be a useful term here, as short for "homo sapiens" to denote folks not into magick. I replied that "ho sap" might be more specific but then my remark hinted 1) women might misunderstand "ho" as referring to them---as in the charming and diverse Ebonics habit of calling all women "whores." 2) that gays might mistakenly hear in the "ho" of the Latin "homo" a reference to homosexual. 3) that Egyptologists might object to the appropriation of the Egyptian "Ho" one finds in some names (e.g. Hotep.)

If you are that hypersensitive and obtuse, I suggest antidepressants and education. A check of your humor humor might also be in order.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
im not hypersensitive, im telling you how it is. how those people who you say misunderstand are saying we dont misunderstand we are the bigger group and we are saying you are a them., while i know you online as a us.

humor is within the gulag of solzhenitzyn.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
im not hypersensitive, im telling you how it is. how those people who you say misunderstand are saying we dont misunderstand we are the bigger group and we are saying you are a them., while i know you online as a us.

humor is within the gulag of solzhenitzyn.
Ummmmm...ok, sure...

Personally, I do not give a red wet baboon's bum about any "bigger group." κακοι οι πολλοι, ολιγοι δ' αγαθοι, like my man Heraclitus said. "The few are superb; the many, mediocre." I am not the former, but at least I don't go preening myself on my manifold shortcomings.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i seem to understand that, which surprises me. but the point is you have a human body so you are a big group. an other point is that assuming by your avatar that you are a white dude and therefore you are seen as 'the enemy' in several currents. doesnt matter if you are, its just the case.

people with magick in them often also have more sexual energies floating around. somewhere in a story new aliens entered and thought it fun and better for earth to create the alphabet community. most of them are not magickal, but confused and meshed up. kids these days get bombarded with different things then we. a man can cry and a woman can be a carpenter. in the spiritual sense these aliens made a mess. a neologism is cool, but for the more sensitive humans it is noticeable as if we/they are being touched in the wrong place and due to that we cant function properly. very good for business in the psych ward and medicine area, but not for humans.

in other terms: when i help with a difference, im not going to land that cause its your topic so its your 'them'. i do notice however, that your one eyed snake isnt listening to your face value use vs them. so be more neutral and work on it or you end up being labelled as troll.

i like muggle by the way. it rolls nicely over the tongue.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i seem to understand that, which surprises me. but the point is you have a human body so you are a big group. an other point is that assuming by your avatar that you are a white dude and therefore you are seen as 'the enemy' in several currents. doesnt matter if you are, its just the case.

people with magick in them often also have more sexual energies floating around. somewhere in a story new aliens entered and thought it fun and better for earth to create the alphabet community. most of them are not magickal, but confused and meshed up. kids these days get bombarded with different things then we. a man can cry and a woman can be a carpenter. in the spiritual sense these aliens made a mess. a neologism is cool, but for the more sensitive humans it is noticeable as if we/they are being touched in the wrong place and due to that we cant function properly. very good for business in the psych ward and medicine area, but not for humans.

in other terms: when i help with a difference, im not going to land that cause its your topic so its your 'them'. i do notice however, that your one eyed snake isnt listening to your face value use vs them. so be more neutral and work on it or you end up being labelled as troll.

i like muggle by the way. it rolls nicely over the tongue.
You, of course, are absolutely correct. Culpably dull-witted of me not to have seen it sooner.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Discharge dog is my go-to.
Not bad, not bad.

Nimrod de Rosario uses both "pasu" and "sudra." The former is Vedic for a four-footed beast; the latter a member of the Hindu fourth varna, an "untouchable." To use either in this context, however, is too much an insult. Most quadrapedal beasts are pretty functional after their kind. I doubt the average sudra is as needlessly and completely deluded as the educated mundanes of the "developed countries."