• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] WF Discord Talks

Everyone's got one.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I had an idea that I ran by SkullTraill and he recommended that we do an interest check first. Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on WF hosting weekly/bi-weekly talks on Discord. Some ideas I had on managing this if we move forward:
  • The talks are not a replacement for WF forums threads. They are workshops meant to provide an additional layer of conversation and knowledge. Notes on each talk will be taken and posted as a thread for further discussion on the site for those that aren't able to listen to it live.
  • We could start a thread where members sign up for slots by presenting their topic and outline.
  • Talks could be split out into two sections. The topic itself and then Q & A about the topic. A time limit should probably be applied too.
  • Talks would be moderated. Any trolling, unacceptable behavior, or straying off topic will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Supplemental material could be provided as links. Or since Discord has screen-sharing capabilities, a slideshow can be created to help attendants follow along.
This is just an idea right now and the community is still growing. But if enough people were interested and we kept at it, I think it would be something neat to look forward to and mingle with the community more. I'm sure the first few talks will have few attendees, but as long as we stick to it and work hard to provide good content, it can grow to something bigger.

Thoughts?

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Now would this be advanced practitioners only (that is, professionals and adepts to magus level of experience and capability that would be presenting, or open to all?

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Now would this be advanced practitioners only (that is, professionals and adepts to magus level of experience and capability that would be presenting, or open to all?
I feel like that would either be a very small group (cause, let's face it, there's not many "professionals"), or it would be a very large group (because everyone considers themselves "advanced"). How about just everyone regardless of level of experience?

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
That works :). One thing that might help us all regardless of level is to have a topic suggested that we prepare and deliver, a good measure or showing work has been done, as well as research if necessary.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Someone needs to take the initiative and do the following steps:
  1. Decide on a topic, either by yourself, or by polling/voting
  2. Pick a time and date for this to happen
  3. Have a sign up thread and collect at least 5-10 people to sign up for it
  4. Pick somone who will lead the panel/discussion
  5. Pick someone who will take notes
  6. Submit above information to me via PM for me to set the appropriate roles and permissions on discord
  7. Conduct the discussion on said time and date, in a special discord room that I will create, with the specified members above
  8. Submit the notes (and maybe even a recording) of the talks to me to be posted in a thread
  9. Success (I might even give out some awards for this, as motivation)

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
This could be very interesting , I'm in, this is one of things I really liked to be happened,
I researched in various topics I will try my best on any as long my knowing helps...on
Music,cabala,OBE,shamanism&...

Friggasdottir

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Looks like this an old thread. Did it ever go anywhere? As a newbie, I'd like to know. 😊
Post automatically merged:

This could be very interesting , I'm in, this is one of things I really liked to be happened,
I researched in various topics I will try my best on any as long my knowing helps...on
Music,cabala,OBE,shamanism&...
I'd be very interested in shamanism.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Looks like this an old thread. Did it ever go anywhere? As a newbie, I'd like to know. 😊
Post automatically merged:

I'd be very interested in shamanism.
No, no one really did:
Someone needs to take the initiative and do the following steps:
  1. Decide on a topic, either by yourself, or by polling/voting
  2. Pick a time and date for this to happen
  3. Have a sign up thread and collect at least 5-10 people to sign up for it
  4. Pick somone who will lead the panel/discussion
  5. Pick someone who will take notes
  6. Submit above information to me via PM for me to set the appropriate roles and permissions on discord
  7. Conduct the discussion on said time and date, in a special discord room that I will create, with the specified members above
  8. Submit the notes (and maybe even a recording) of the talks to me to be posted in a thread
  9. Success (I might even give out some awards for this, as motivation)

Feel free to if you're up to it.