• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] What are your diets/diet guidelines for weight loss?

Someone's asking for help!

Lemongrass00

Neophyte
Years of sedantry lifestyle has made me quite the chonker, I'm afraid to admit.

I don't eat a lot, but when I do it it's to make me feel better, so a lot of comfort food, and junk food. Even when I cook for myself I use a lot of oil and butter and shit. Tastes too good.

I used to run, but these days it's too hot, so I've started indoor rowing, which I supplement with some weight training. Nothing crazy, just enough to stay somewhat fit and capable.

But diet really is the key to weight loss, so I'd appreciate any diet tips, inspiration, meal prep plans etc.
The easiest way a lot of people diet and lose weight without making any major changes is to implement two factors. One, eliminate all calories from liquids (soda,sweet tea milk,juice) and only drink water or unsweetened tea unless on rare occasion. Two, eliminate snacking. You’ll be surprised to see how much you truly eat from snacks alone. That alone will allow you to start losing weight.

QueenJazz

Archivist
Archivist
Might be a US thing, I hear about it a lot when I watch videos about all those crazy ingredients used in the US.

As for cigarettes, they'll probably kill you slower than the actual carcinogens in food and air pollutants.

Yeah man! I should look up some online! Imagine that though. The height of consumerism. Ordering water online internationally. Fugg.
There’s a machine that makes sparkling water at home it’s called soda stream it’s easy to use and cheap you can buy it online.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
The easiest way a lot of people diet and lose weight without making any major changes is to implement two factors. One, eliminate all calories from liquids (soda,sweet tea milk,juice) and only drink water or unsweetened tea unless on rare occasion. Two, eliminate snacking. You’ll be surprised to see how much you truly eat from snacks alone. That alone will allow you to start losing weight.
Yeah I fully agree, those 2 things seem to be the best things I can do right now. Least effort for most reward. Just need some self control.

There’s a machine that makes sparkling water at home it’s called soda stream it’s easy to use and cheap you can buy it online.
I've seen those but don't you need to get little gas cannisters for them?

Lemongrass00

Neophyte
Yeah I fully agree, those 2 things seem to be the best things I can do right now. Least effort for most reward. Just need some self control.

Yeah man that’s definitely the hardest. What’s your exercise routine like now? When I used to need to cut I followed a HIIT sprint interval workout that I saw results in within two weeks.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Yeah man that’s definitely the hardest. What’s your exercise routine like now? When I used to need to cut I followed a HIIT sprint interval workout that I saw results in within two weeks.
I'm not really a fan of doing HIIT at home, and due to a combination of factors I want to avoid gyms these days. So for now, I'm doing a bit of freestyle, combining my indoor rowing machine and a few dumbells at home. Rowing, curls, dumbell presses, squats mainly.

QueenJazz

Archivist
Archivist

You need to buy those cylinders from the company they have it on the website.
check their website you will see it’s called soda stream they have a starter pack where you get everything you need bottles too