• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Author What are your opinions on Jason's Miller occult material?

Discuss, critique or review an author.
Reaction score
Awards
I tried to practice The Black School Of St Cyprian material. I got through most of it with the exception of necromancy stuff, not my thing. I was really looking forward to working with St Cyprian. I found most of the stuff was plagiarized Catholic Prayers and rituals. I've done a lot of background research on St Cyprian and the Black School Course was complete BS. I honestly didn't get anything the content.
Hmmm. I only got through maybe half of the material over the last 2-3 months. I’ll get through the rest eventually. No plans to practice it tbh. But

Reaction score
Awards
Hmmm. I only got through maybe half of the material over the last 2-3 months. I’ll get through the rest eventually. No plans to practice it tbh. But
But I try to read new stuff occasionally so I don’t feel too old school. Maybe I’ll take a peak at GoM next. They have been around for a min or two and some on this site seem to swear by it. Thanks for sharing.

ps Plagiarism in magic is everywhere, I like me a good ole fashion catholic exorcism. But each their own ;) jk mostly.

take care.

-Eld

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Jason provides an excellent guide to spirit work for anyone wanting to get their feet wet with this kind of work. He provides in his books useful information, pragmatic, straightforward and good for anyone from late beginner to advanced practitioners. As always, his writing style is great, and he provides many gems of wisdom throughout. His analogies are excellent and I particularly love how he compares working with spirits to dealing with people. I like him from a literary point of view. He has a strong belief in what he is writing and he presents in his books some of his experience with working with spirits, giving visions on how to establish and cultivate relationships, understanding the ways in which they are organized, etc. Jason has practiced folkloric/popular Catholicism, paganism, and demonology, and some of his examples start from these perspectives, not limited to them. The teachings are neither exhaustive nor dogmatic and can be adapted to our personal practices. Earlier in his life, he traveled to New Orleans to study Hoodoo, to Europe to study Witchcraft and Ceremonial Magick, and to Nepal to study Tantra. Miller is a member of the Chthonic Ouranian Temple and the Sangreal Sodality, as well as an initiated Tantrika in the Nyingma and Bon lineages of Tibet.
Post automatically merged:

@Lyssia @Mart What would be the first book you would recommend from Jason Miller? I have downloaded multiple books from him
If I were you I would start with "Sorcerer's Secrets".

Last edited:

sylph

Neophyte
Reaction score
Jason Miller is definitely a place to start as beginner ans his books are straight forward...i have read The Sorcerer secrets and protection and reversal magic...i recommend his books to everybody

Rasputin_618

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello everybody! I will mention again - I was member on the original wizard forums and also on the second version of wizard forums (I think). I greet the old members (from the other versions of wizard forums) and also the new ones.
So - what do you guys think and/or of Jason's Miller occult material (books, courses - strategic sorcery, the one with Saint Cyprian, the one with Hekate, etc.)?
I have read a lot of his stuff and he does have some knowledge. I have done courses from Jason Louv, Frater Xavier and Jason Miller and I rank them in that order for my favorites. Frater Xavier is much more affordable and he is very knowledgeable as well although he doesn’t talk about meditation as much as Louv which is what makes me favor Louv. I like Millers books but his courses are overpriced for what you get IMO.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I 'am surprisingly about 250 lessons into, "Strategic Sorcery" and surprisingly it's been quite a refreshing course. I can honestly say I've strengthened my foundation, getting a new outlook on the basics of Sorcery.
I'd defiantly recommend Strategic Sorcery, and Protection and Reversal Magick for any up and coming Witch, Worlock, or Wizard.

ScorpionGoddess

Neophyte
Reaction score
But I try to read new stuff occasionally so I don’t feel too old school. Maybe I’ll take a peak at GoM next. They have been around for a min or two and some on this site seem to swear by it. Thanks for sharing.

ps Plagiarism in magic is everywhere, I like me a good ole fashion catholic exorcism. But each their own ;) jk mostly.

take care.

-Eld
Riddled with spelling mistakes, bad grammar, bad punctuation, & bad pronunciation - which shows no respect for either the subjects or his "customers", tried ALL of his courses - NONE of them made ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER - apart from me losing both my time & my money . . .

Ang3l

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Riddled with spelling mistakes, bad grammar, bad punctuation, & bad pronunciation - which shows no respect for either the subjects or his "customers", tried ALL of his courses - NONE of them made ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER - apart from me losing both my time & my money . . .
Hey! Inclusively the Sorcery of Hekate which is super hyped?

Ang3l

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I 'am surprisingly about 250 lessons into, "Strategic Sorcery" and surprisingly it's been quite a refreshing course. I can honestly say I've strengthened my foundation, getting a new outlook on the basics of Sorcery.
I'd defiantly recommend Strategic Sorcery, and Protection and Reversal Magick for any up and coming Witch, Worlock, or Wizard.
I just returned after some years here and I'm surprised to see this thread still getting replies

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everybody! I will mention again - I was member on the original wizard forums and also on the second version of wizard forums (I think). I greet the old members (from the other versions of wizard forums) and also the new ones.
So - what do you guys think and/or of Jason's Miller occult material (books, courses - strategic sorcery, the one with Saint Cyprian, the one with Hekate, etc.)?
In defence of his courses (which I haven't taken): I've taken other longish term courses on non-occult practices and I can tell you that 90% of the value is having a regular appointment and accountability.

Like, most writing courses don't teach you anything unless you're a REAL beginner but they a) inspire and motivate you and b) you actually write, because (even if you don't have to submit work) people are gonna ask you about it, and you'll hear about how everyone else got theirs done, etc, it'll never slip from your mind for months at a time

So "chant this mantra 100 times every day for 3/6/12 months" is not mind-blowing info, but how many people actually do it? And stick to it, for however long the courses are? But you probably would if you took Miller's course (in the officially sanctioned way as part of a group, and having paid for it). And I bet you'd get benefits out of that regular practice. Plus the weekly and monthly larger rituals.

(Also, a lot of people have self doubt - there's so many options, am I sure I'm doing it right? Having a supervisor lets you throw yourself into it without second guessing your decision)

It's like booking sessions with a personal trainer. Unless you're a serious athlete, you don't need a PT. But if you have one, you actually show up the appointment, compared to if it was just "I should go to the gym some time this weekend". True gym junkies are probably baffled by why a recreational lifter would pay for PT, because they have so much intrinsic motivation. (My friends describe the programs their PTs have them on, and they're often suboptimal programs with way too much exercise switching, but I keep my mouth shut because before the PT, they weren't exercising at all: suboptimal is genuinely fine if the alternative is nothing. So that's Miller's courses probably)

If you personally find commitment to a daily/weekly practice trivially easy (and probably this forum skews towards the motivated and committed) then you don't need external accountability, but it helps a lot of people

In defence of his courses (which I haven't taken): I've taken other longish term courses on non-occult practices and I can tell you that 90% of the value is having a regular appointment and accountability.

Like, most writing courses don't teach you anything unless you're a REAL beginner but they a) inspire and motivate you and b) you actually write, because (even if you don't have to submit work) people are gonna ask you about it, and you'll hear about how everyone else got theirs done, etc, it'll never slip from your mind for months at a time

So "chant this mantra 100 times every day for 3/6/12 months" is not mind-blowing info, but how many people actually do it? And stick to it, for however long the courses are? But you probably would if you took Miller's course (in the officially sanctioned way as part of a group, and having paid for it). And I bet you'd get benefits out of that regular practice. Plus the weekly and monthly larger rituals.

(Also, a lot of people have self doubt - there's so many options, am I sure I'm doing it right? Having a supervisor lets you throw yourself into it without second guessing your decision)

It's like booking sessions with a personal trainer. Unless you're a serious athlete, you don't need a PT. But if you have one, you actually show up the appointment, compared to if it was just "I should go to the gym some time this weekend". True gym junkies are probably baffled by why a recreational lifter would pay for PT, because they have so much intrinsic motivation. (My friends describe the programs their PTs have them on, and they're often suboptimal programs with way too much exercise switching, but I keep my mouth shut because before the PT, they weren't exercising at all: suboptimal is genuinely fine if the alternative is nothing. So that's Miller's courses probably)

If you personally find commitment to a daily/weekly practice trivially easy (and probably this forum skews towards the motivated and committed) then you don't need external accountability, but it helps a lot of people
PS it's just long because I'm naturally verbose and too lazy to edit, it's not meant as a rant.

Last edited:

darkphoenix

Neophyte
Reaction score
His books? Good for beginners. His courses? Far too expensive for the material that you actually get - RIDDLED with pathetic ridiculous spelling mistakes that even a primary school child wouldn't make, then - he's had all this material FOR DECADES & clearly not updated, reviewed, proofread, or edited any of it since he's constructed it - many of his sycophants wax lyrical about the ALLEGEDLY "amazing" results they've had from his courses - I've DONE THEM ALL - followed the instructions TO THE LETTER - & NOTHING CHANGED - at least things didn't get any worse other than wasting time & money that could have been better invested elsewhere. The courses MIGHT be good for ABSOLUTE beginners who have plenty of money & time to spare, yet for the more experienced practitioner - they are entirely superfluous.

what results have you had? Nothing changed for me other than a lot of time & money wasted.

it doesn't make sense & it isn't worth $700

good marketing - mostly from his sycophants who are full of the most obsequious "testimonials" you can imagine - yet they do not share ANYTHING CONCRETE about whatever ALLEGED results they might have had . . .

He has a course on Tibetan Sorcery as well - expensive & futile - I've been a practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism for over 20 years & JM's course on it is not worth the money.
I feel you. I spent probably over $1,000 on Indian Tantric sadhanas from "Sivapremananda" of "Sri Vidya sadhana" (his real name is Basavaraj Udapudi) and NOTHING changed. It was all marketing magic and a deliberate effort to harvest my energy. I did all the sadhanas I bought with immaculate attention to detail, probably millions of hours of meditation at this point, devotion, etc. Nothing. Changed.

I have felt Jason Miller psychically tugging on me to buy his shit just like how "Sivapremananda" did. I can feel very sensitively when a "guru" wants to psychically tug on me for my $$$ and my tasty energy. That is why I truly give zero fucks about pirating study materials. Truly, fuck these people and their fake spiritual grind schtick that is designed to keep you in a loop.

What actually connects you to the deities is disconnecting from these asshole vampire "gurus" who just want to own you.

Riddled with spelling mistakes - which shows no respect for his chosen subject or for his "customers",

What would have been better for you about his courses?

Riddled with spelling mistakes, bad grammar, and poor punctuation - which shows no credibility or respect for any of his subjects or "customers", I did them all: Sorcery of Hekate, Phurba, St Cyprian, Jupiter - and NOTHING HAPPENED - they were all a huge waste of money and time - of the people who give "rave reviews" - perhaps they had NO practices before signing up, so going from ZERO to having a daily practice - which of course WILL make a difference no matter what those practices might be - they're all far too expensive for what they are - $25 a week or $100 a month for 7 months so you can tune your mind into disembodied legendary/mythical/archetypal beings who can't even use a tin opener? A better use of that money would be to join a gym. My curiosity is satisfied - I do not recommend Jason Miller's courses to anyone - a good friend of mine offered to edit & proofread all of Jason's materials free of charge - as it's embarrassing to read material that looks like it's been written by an epileptic teenage chimpanzee, this offer of help was declined . . . so many very public "occultists" who are nothing more than deluded superficial wannabe narcissists: Sorita D'Este is another example of what happens when bullied children never process their traumas . . . there are occultists I respect: Baal Kadmon, Jeff Cullen, Jack Grayle, and ones I don't: Mat Auryn, Storm Faerywolf, Devin Hunter, Cyndi Brannen, Asenath Mason.
I can't believe Jason declined a FREE OFFER to proofread his typos. And by the way, I thought I was the only one who got a narcissist vibe from Sorita D'Este. I definitely got that vibe from her.

Last edited:

Azerate

Neophyte
Reaction score
I personally would like the course that would teach me how to get Hekate and
St Cyprian to come talk to me every night when I close my eyes, I'd definitely pay to read that book! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

If you can't, if you don't have any results .... perhaps the problem is in you. The devoted practice, sacrifice and commitment is the key to success. There is no instant solution. Jack Grayle offers the same things But just a little cheaper

Reaction score
Awards
Protection and Reversal Magic was a fair read that is still on a back burner like a lot of material. Slowly I am puchasing what Ive downloaded before or have been interested in.