• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Author What are your opinions on Jason's Miller occult material?

Discuss, critique or review an author.

Ang3l

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everybody! I will mention again - I was member on the original wizard forums and also on the second version of wizard forums (I think). I greet the old members (from the other versions of wizard forums) and also the new ones.
So - what do you guys think and/or of Jason's Miller occult material (books, courses - strategic sorcery, the one with Saint Cyprian, the one with Hekate, etc.)?

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've read a number of his books, and while I like Aiden Wachter better, all of Miller's material is sound and useful. There are places where he gets a little unnecessarily snobby, but I'd certainly recommend "Protection and Reversal Magick" to everyone, and "Sex, Sorcery, and Spirit" is the best reference I've ever seen on it's obvious topic.

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
@Lyssia @Mart What would be the first book you would recommend from Jason Miller? I have downloaded multiple books from him
It depends on your interest, but Sorcerer's Secrets or The Elements of Spellcrafting are both fine for someone just starting/general interest; I started with Protection and Reversal, which is a good place to start with him if you are already practicing and know the basics. Otherwise, you can pretty much read them in order of your interest.

Ang3l

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It depends on your interest, but Sorcerer's Secrets or The Elements of Spellcrafting are both fine for someone just starting/general interest; I started with Protection and Reversal, which is a good place to start with him if you are already practicing and know the basics. Otherwise, you can pretty much read them in order of your interest.
I started with Protection and Reversal too. I like his way of writing

Norse900

Neophyte
Reaction score
I really liked his Protection and Reversal magic book. Only one I've read by him. I still follow a similar format as his ancestor veneration in it, but do.it for all of the spirits I work with.

I didn't care for how much space the shielding (seemed) to take.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Just read his Consorting With Spirits from the library here. His writing style is casual and easy to understand, but does not lack in quality for it. He seems to really cut through the bullshit and showboating that is so prevalent in occult literature.

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Just read his Consorting With Spirits from the library here. His writing style is casual and easy to understand, but does not lack in quality for it. He seems to really cut through the bullshit and showboating that is so prevalent in occult literature.
He gives excellent advice when it comes to spirits demanding things:

"If Belphegor asks you to offer him a bottle of Talisker 18 (which is around $200) as a weekly libation, you should tell him no. If Maria Padilha asks for a bottle of perfume every week for the rest of your life, you should tell her no. Yet, there are plenty of stories both ancient and modern of people going broke meeting the demands of Gods and spirits who grow ever more demanding in their needs. Most of the time, though, the spirits do not demand as much as we fear, and small offerings of prayers, incense, libations, and occasionally food will more than suffice."

Frater Dag

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I did like some of what he wrote in his books. They seem like a decent place for beginners to start.

There was a long thread on Studio Arcanis about Jason Miller's classes. I tried to look it up the thread on the Wayback Machine now, but I could not find it. A few people got a lot out of the classes, but others had some very strong criticism for the classes. Let me be clear, I have not taken any of his classes since they do not interest me so I cannot give an opinion.

Several of the moderators claimed that Miller magically attacked the site. I do not know if that is true or not. I did not participate in the thread as I had nothing of value to add. I just thought it was interesting reading.

I had an interaction with Miller on Occult Corpus about 7 years ago. I liked him.

Drezuli

Apprentice
Reaction score
I think his material is lame. It's the same wiccan stuff that you can find online. He is just popular on facebook so everything he puts out sells really well.

There were pages and pages about his Hekate course over at the old Studio Arcanis, and students who took the course said it didn't make much sense and it wasn't worth the $700.

Drezuli

Apprentice
Reaction score
I did like some of what he wrote in his books. They seem like a decent place for beginners to start.

There was a long thread on Studio Arcanis about Jason Miller's classes. I tried to look it up the thread on the Wayback Machine now, but I could not find it. A few people got a lot out of the classes, but others had some very strong criticism for the classes. Let me be clear, I have not taken any of his classes since they do not interest me so I cannot give an opinion.

Several of the moderators claimed that Miller magically attacked the site. I do not know if that is true or not. I did not participate in the thread as I had nothing of value to add. I just thought it was interesting reading.

I had an interaction with Miller on Occult Corpus about 7 years ago. I liked him.

He's not strong enough to attack that website, the web developers were just lazy LOL.

Jason was involved with the Order of Dark Arts Facebook cult in its early days and he didn't do anything to help his followers that were being harassed by the cult leaders and minions. He could have taken that group down if his protection magick works so well. I'm not saying he had to do anything but it was a good time to flex his ability.