• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Author What are your opinions on Jason's Miller occult material?

Discuss, critique or review an author.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The admins don't tell about the details. There was a problem with the old certificate, that's the only thing I know. Since they don't want anyone to help them fix the problems, the members can't do anything but wait - yet they promise it will be back some day. It's sad that the forum is shut down for so long, but I guess some of its members have come here to wizardforums ... ;)

tranmut3

Neophyte
Reaction score
jason miller is an author, of course, but has a website where he runs courses - he has $700 course on Hekate, available at 3 levels. i'd so love to do it, but its a little too much $$$ for me at the moment.
when hekate graciously makes herself known to me, i will find the money, as i have admired her from a far distance for a long time.

by the way, Jasons Books are very general, with a lot of fluff, but occaisional nuggets.
eg he mentions the sorcerers ladder in sorcerers secrets which i like alot.
i have his 'consorting with spirits' which also is a great read.

Jastiv

Neophyte
Reaction score
I don't have any of his books so I don't really have an opinion. I remember following him back when blogs were a thing and I was desperatly trying to get somewhere in my practice. Those days are long since past. The trouble with Studio Arcanis really has nothing to do with Jason Miller. I do know that they took some oaths or something when the forum was up. I actually tried to resurrect the forum using a group sigil and chaos magick. I figured if it was just some ones personal issues they could be magically fixed. They still have a mostly inactive facebook group.

ishtarfol

Neophyte
Reaction score
I observe that a lot of his material is based of real life work he has done, but anchored around his core practice of Tibetan sorcery. I believe many if not all his courses and books are practiced through that lens. Which is not wrong, many great teachers have a strong foundation in one field of study, and apply the same concepts and skills into other fields they explore later on with good results. It just might not be the pure and traditional way it may have been done in it's own original culture, and that puts some people off.

At the very least, the "strategic" part of his strategic sorcery will still be worth learning whether you like the "sorcery" part or not.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hello everybody! I will mention again - I was member on the original wizard forums and also on the second version of wizard forums (I think). I greet the old members (from the other versions of wizard forums) and also the new ones.
So - what do you guys think and/or of Jason's Miller occult material (books, courses - strategic sorcery, the one with Saint Cyprian, the one with Hekate, etc.)?
I'm a fan, at least of his writings. I can't speak for his coursework as I've not taken them. However, I have heard good things about them. But his books are great and I highly recommend Sorcerer's Secrets, Protection & Reversal Magick and Financial Sorcery.

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I will mention again - I was member on the original wizard forums and also on the second version of wizard forums (I think). I greet the old members (from the other versions of wizard forums) and also the new ones.
So - what do you guys think and/or of Jason's Miller occult material (books, courses - strategic sorcery, the one with Saint Cyprian, the one with Hekate, etc.)?
I strongly recommend his materials to anyone just getting involved in ceremonial or high magick. I have learned alot from him even of I don't always apply it. His stuff is just so practical and well researched it can be done by almost anyone. My recommendation for anyone new to his work would be to start with his books like elements of spell crafting, protection & reversal, and financial sorcery. Then move on to his online courses and audio files. His works will provide a solid foundation for further growth to anyone willing to put in the time.

ScorpionGoddess

Neophyte
Reaction score
His books? Good for beginners. His courses? Far too expensive for the material that you actually get - RIDDLED with pathetic ridiculous spelling mistakes that even a primary school child wouldn't make, then - he's had all this material FOR DECADES & clearly not updated, reviewed, proofread, or edited any of it since he's constructed it - many of his sycophants wax lyrical about the ALLEGEDLY "amazing" results they've had from his courses - I've DONE THEM ALL - followed the instructions TO THE LETTER - & NOTHING CHANGED - at least things didn't get any worse other than wasting time & money that could have been better invested elsewhere. The courses MIGHT be good for ABSOLUTE beginners who have plenty of money & time to spare, yet for the more experienced practitioner - they are entirely superfluous.
Post automatically merged:

It's really great stuff, I recommend his works for any beginner.
what results have you had? Nothing changed for me other than a lot of time & money wasted.

I think his material is lame. It's the same wiccan stuff that you can find online. He is just popular on facebook so everything he puts out sells really well.

There were pages and pages about his Hekate course over at the old Studio Arcanis, and students who took the course said it didn't make much sense and it wasn't worth the $700.
it doesn't make sense & it isn't worth $700

jason miller is an author, of course, but has a website where he runs courses - he has $700 course on Hekate, available at 3 levels. i'd so love to do it, but its a little too much $$$ for me at the moment.
when hekate graciously makes herself known to me, i will find the money, as i have admired her from a far distance for a long time.

by the way, Jasons Books are very general, with a lot of fluff, but occaisional nuggets.
eg he mentions the sorcerers ladder in sorcerers secrets which i like alot.
i have his 'consorting with spirits' which also is a great read.
good marketing - mostly from his sycophants who are full of the most obsequious "testimonials" you can imagine - yet they do not share ANYTHING CONCRETE about whatever ALLEGED results they might have had . . .

I observe that a lot of his material is based of real life work he has done, but anchored around his core practice of Tibetan sorcery. I believe many if not all his courses and books are practiced through that lens. Which is not wrong, many great teachers have a strong foundation in one field of study, and apply the same concepts and skills into other fields they explore later on with good results. It just might not be the pure and traditional way it may have been done in it's own original culture, and that puts some people off.

At the very least, the "strategic" part of his strategic sorcery will still be worth learning whether you like the "sorcery" part or not.
He has a course on Tibetan Sorcery as well - expensive & futile - I've been a practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism for over 20 years & JM's course on it is not worth the money.

Last edited:

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I really love some of Jasons books. Strategic Sorcery is ok, Consorting With Spirits is a great read. However I just finished his St Cyprians Black School Course and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Luckily I got it free from this forum, if I paid $700 I would of been supremely pissed! Basically it's your Goetic invocation 101, But he'd have you believe the information's been passed to him over the years by good oh St Cyprian himself!
It's basically his Sorcery of Hekate rebranded with a lot of fluff. I personally would like the course that would teach me how to get Hekate and
St Cyprian to come talk to me every night when I close my eyes, I'd definitely pay to read that book! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

ScorpionGoddess

Neophyte
Reaction score
Riddled with spelling mistakes - which shows no respect for his chosen subject or for his "customers",
I really love some of Jasons books. Strategic Sorcery is ok, Consorting With Spirits is a great read. However I just finished his St Cyprians Black School Course and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Luckily I got it free from this forum, if I paid $700 I would of been supremely pissed! Basically it's your Goetic invocation 101, But he'd have you believe the information's been passed to him over the years by good oh St Cyprian himself!
It's basically his Sorcery of Hekate rebranded with a lot of fluff. I personally would like the course that would teach me how to get Hekate and
St Cyprian to come talk to me every night when I close my eyes, I'd definitely pay to read that book! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
What would have been better for you about his courses?

Riddled with spelling mistakes, bad grammar, and poor punctuation - which shows no credibility or respect for any of his subjects or "customers", I did them all: Sorcery of Hekate, Phurba, St Cyprian, Jupiter - and NOTHING HAPPENED - they were all a huge waste of money and time - of the people who give "rave reviews" - perhaps they had NO practices before signing up, so going from ZERO to having a daily practice - which of course WILL make a difference no matter what those practices might be - they're all far too expensive for what they are - $25 a week or $100 a month for 7 months so you can tune your mind into disembodied legendary/mythical/archetypal beings who can't even use a tin opener? A better use of that money would be to join a gym. My curiosity is satisfied - I do not recommend Jason Miller's courses to anyone - a good friend of mine offered to edit & proofread all of Jason's materials free of charge - as it's embarrassing to read material that looks like it's been written by an epileptic teenage chimpanzee, this offer of help was declined . . . so many very public "occultists" who are nothing more than deluded superficial wannabe narcissists: Sorita D'Este is another example of what happens when bullied children never process their traumas . . . there are occultists I respect: Baal Kadmon, Jeff Cullen, Jack Grayle, and ones I don't: Mat Auryn, Storm Faerywolf, Devin Hunter, Cyndi Brannen, Asenath Mason.

Last edited:

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Riddled with spelling mistakes - which shows no respect for his chosen subject or for his "customers",

What would have been better for you about his courses?
To be honest I wasn't impressed with anything about the course. I love history and am one to do a lot of research about a subject I'm interested in. The course was basically about learning many prayers that Jason made himself, I'm sorry that St Cyprian taught him in his dreams over the years. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: And learning a false narrative about St Cyprian and St Justina living there lives, "Together" before they we're martyred. If that wasn't enough to turn one off right there, the entire course boiled down to Making a book of shadows, Building a relationship with a Fictional character, and using him to invoke Dantalion, Clauneck, Paimon, Buer, and Raum. And instead of binding them, we used St Cyprian to Baptise them to ensure they do our will. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I love and respect Ceremonial Magick, and was hoping I would get to use some legit knowledge and be able to invoke and work with St Cyprian. Instead you got Jason Millers take on a fictional version of the Saints. I think his books are great especially for the layman, But I said it once and I'll say it again. I wasn't impressed at all with his Black School course.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I think his courses are rather a little dubious. His books are just enough for a start.

And learning a false narrative about St Cyprian and St Justina living there lives, "Together" before they we're martyred. If that wasn't enough to turn one off right there, the entire course boiled down to Making a book of shadows, Building a relationship with a Fictional character, and using him to invoke Dantalion, Clauneck, Paimon, Buer, and Raum. And instead of binding them, we used St Cyprian to Baptise them to ensure they do our will
Jesus Christ, you serious?

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I think his courses are rather a little dubious. His books are just enough for a start.

Jesus Christ, you serious?
I'm not joking its literally trash! All the material in the St Cyprians Black School Course literally comes from a dream he had about St Cyprian. His Magic Of Hekate Course comes from a dream he had about Hekate. It might have been cool if he taught you how to talk to Hekate and St Cyprian in your dreams, I would by that book.
Instead, he has you running around gathering holy water from 7 different churches, Dirt from 7 different graveyards and 7 different caves. As well as learning a bunch of Christian prayers that he made up himself. It's literally a mental, physical, and spiritual waste of time.
I'd be surprised if anyone else had a different viewpoint.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
That sounds absolutely icky. I will just stick to Jake Stratton Kents books on it, thank you.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've never heard of him before, but I'll be sure to check him out. I've currently bit off too many books to chew, I need to slow it down a bit. o_O

frsfmcs

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not joking its literally trash! All the material in the St Cyprians Black School Course literally comes from a dream he had about St Cyprian. His Magic Of Hekate Course comes from a dream he had about Hekate. It might have been cool if he taught you how to talk to Hekate and St Cyprian in your dreams, I would by that book.
Instead, he has you running around gathering holy water from 7 different churches, Dirt from 7 different graveyards and 7 different caves. As well as learning a bunch of Christian prayers that he made up himself. It's literally a mental, physical, and spiritual waste of time.
I'd be surprised if anyone else had a different viewpoint.

A long time ago a relative of mine was asked by a witch to get water from 7 different streams of water, then say some prayer. All of this for a banishing of alleged curses someone has casted on her.

Reaction score
Awards
lol. Now I freely admit, I would never buy his courses (though his books are ok for what they are). But I’ll also admit to doing some pretty goofy things in rituals that proved quite effective. Has anyone actually tried the tech as he’s laid it out in the course?

just curious

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
lol. Now I freely admit, I would never buy his courses (though his books are ok for what they are). But I’ll also admit to doing some pretty goofy things in rituals that proved quite effective. Has anyone actually tried the tech as he’s laid it out in the course?

just curious
I tried to practice The Black School Of St Cyprian material. I got through most of it with the exception of necromancy stuff, not my thing. I was really looking forward to working with St Cyprian. I found most of the stuff was plagiarized Catholic Prayers and rituals. I've done a lot of background research on St Cyprian and the Black School Course was complete BS. I honestly didn't get anything the content.