• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What happens when you die

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This question 8s for those who travel the spirit realms, astral plane etc

what do people do over there? 8s it just singing n floating, do they have sex? Maybe live in personal heavens or hell’s?
Let's go with The Bible for a moment. You guys remember the story of Lazarus? He was the only one that died, and came back right? But, no one ever questioned him what did he actually see and experienced. Now, I'll leave you with that. Think very clearly, what really awaits us when we die.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Let's go with The Bible for a moment. You guys remember the story of Lazarus? He was the only one that died, and came back right? But, no one ever questioned him what did he actually see and experienced. Now, I'll leave you with that. Think very clearly, what really awaits us when we die.
several died in the Bible n returned, I’m sure there are extra biblical accounts as to what people saw in the afterlife

I own a book about such accounts written by a famous Jewish exorcist

anyway IMO you go and do what you believe you’ll do in the afterlife

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
70 virgin brides per faithful man?
Why not, where do you think they’ll go? Have you looked up near death experiences? The variations in just a handful are crazy

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Statistically 70 virgin brides is difficult for an Earth humanity that produces more boys than girls

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Statistically 70 virgin brides is difficult for an Earth humanity that produces more boys than girls
Unless the same brides get married to multiple dudes? Or perhaps some of them are alien chicks. 🤔

Though come to think of it, the definition of a "faithful man" in Islam who is awarded with this harem may mean only a small number of the general population qualify in the first place.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Anyway my point is that IMO the afterlife is likely like a dream state, you go where you think you will...if that’s 70 virgins then that’s your heaven.

ive Read this is a starting point in the afterlife though

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, if there is no afterlife, I think your perception of time slows down as you die so that you never really experience non-existence. Reality/time fades but never fully disappears.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, if there is no afterlife, I think your perception of time slows down as you die so that you never really experience non-existence. Reality/time fades but never fully disappears.
A lot of the sages said no real time in the afterlife so how can you say so n so spends 100 years in hell

good point

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
My fear is that there is absolutely nothing after death and that we spend so much of our time studying and trying to convince ourselves that there is something that we're wasting our short lives on something that, ultimately, will probably be decided for us regardless of belief.

What I HOPE is.. well, take lyrics from Tool's Parabola:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I hope, for whatever reason, we are something more than these human bodies. That we are choosing to be right here, right now, for some reason, even if it's just to experience things we may not experience as a spirit, energy or whatever you want to call it. It's a hard sell, especially for those that have very painful lives. Maybe there's some amount of randomness, and it's impossible to know beforehand what the experience will be like.

Or maybe we're just avatars in some cosmic game being played by Gods (Do Androids dreams of electric sheep??). If so, wow are they shitheads.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
My fear is that there is absolutely nothing after death and that we spend so much of our time studying and trying to convince ourselves that there is something that we're wasting our short lives on something that, ultimately, will probably be decided for us regardless of belief.

What I HOPE is.. well, take lyrics from Tool's Parabola:

I hope, for whatever reason, we are something more than these human bodies. That we are choosing to be right here, right now, for some reason, even if it's just to experience things we may not experience as a spirit, energy or whatever you want to call it. It's a hard sell, especially for those that have very painful lives. Maybe there's some amount of randomness, and it's impossible to know beforehand what the experience will be like.

Or maybe we're just avatars in some cosmic game being played by Gods (Do Androids dreams of electric sheep??). If so, wow are they shitheads.
True. I really used to dread nothingness. That is until I started thinking about other options:
  • We live in a simulation created by us in another/higher dimension/universe. Well, if this is something we engineered, then I read to think of what the actual higher dimension is like. It must be shit, if we made this as something better. I imagine a Matrix-like scenario. I don't want that.
  • The Egg/hivemind training/split consciousness into all humans that once "ascended" combines back into one mega/superior conscience. Might be cool, but lonely.
  • Into the multiverse/permanent DMT trip/multiple spirit realms that you can travel through. Might be interesting at first, but would probably get bored. Still better than most other options.
  • Religious heaven/hell concepts. I can't think of anything worse. Hell would be suffering, and so would heaven without a bit of hedonism.
  • The time slowing/replaying as you die concept I talked about earlier. Would probably be miserable if your circumstances of death weren't perfect.
  • Living as a formless spirit, unable to interact with anything in any significant way. Horrible imo.
  • Rebirth. Also not great.
No matter what I try to think of, if I remain objective, realistic and not hopeful and wanton, whatever I end up thinking of has some serious drawbacks. In the grand scheme of things, simply not existing anymore might actually be the simplest, easiest, most comforting thing. At least you can't suffer, can't be left desiring things you will never get. You don't want anything, you don't need anything.

At the same time... I think to myself... that can't be it right... How could I, a thinking, feeling being just... cease to exist so completely...

I don't know man.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
True. I really used to dread nothingness. That is until I started thinking about other options:
  • We live in a simulation created by us in another/higher dimension/universe. Well, if this is something we engineered, then I read to think of what the actual higher dimension is like. It must be shit, if we made this as something better. I imagine a Matrix-like scenario. I don't want that.
  • The Egg/hivemind training/split consciousness into all humans that once "ascended" combines back into one mega/superior conscience. Might be cool, but lonely.
  • Into the multiverse/permanent DMT trip/multiple spirit realms that you can travel through. Might be interesting at first, but would probably get bored. Still better than most other options.
  • Religious heaven/hell concepts. I can't think of anything worse. Hell would be suffering, and so would heaven without a bit of hedonism.
  • The time slowing/replaying as you die concept I talked about earlier. Would probably be miserable if your circumstances of death weren't perfect.
  • Living as a formless spirit, unable to interact with anything in any significant way. Horrible imo.
  • Rebirth. Also not great.
No matter what I try to think of, if I remain objective, realistic and not hopeful and wanton, whatever I end up thinking of has some serious drawbacks. In the grand scheme of things, simply not existing anymore might actually be the simplest, easiest, most comforting thing. At least you can't suffer, can't be left desiring things you will never get. You don't want anything, you don't need anything.

At the same time... I think to myself... that can't be it right... How could I, a thinking, feeling being just... cease to exist so completely...

I don't know man.
If there’s nothingness why dread it, it’s just going to sleep, I’m saying that sincerely...but yes you are right in many ways this is a simulation, we have an astral body and this body of flesh is like a suit we put on.

from reading things like about Robert Monroe or Bruce Moan our afterlife’s are shaped by our beliefs.

if you’re Catholic you’ll go to that afterlife, Hindu to Hindu, Protestant to Protestant.

the same with Hell, I think it was Moan who said said he saw people in a hell where everyone was screaming THIS ISNT WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ITS LIKE, or one guy was trapped in his own personal hell where everyone was cruel to him like he was.

in Kabbalah people describe being thrown into rivers of lava or angels burning them to ashes daily...I’m betting they see this from what they were told all their lives.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
remember the story of Lazarus?

In the Egyptian tradition Asar was raised from the dead by the son of a god. Odd that both Asar and Lazarus are almost the same name

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah! I didn't notice the Egyptian version of the story.

Reaction score
From what I have been reading... a lot can happen (in relation with the level of consciousness). Death is simply the dissolution of the ego at its pinnacles. I would say that I believe in reincarnation until one actualizes themselves by removing their material restraints / mysticism (many occultists discuss a Unity between man and God, and one could interpret this as obtaining the Gnosis). I also do believe in other kinds of spirits- many of them beings of a different consciousness- but I also notice that Heaven and Hell could be a sort of "state at death" since those evil spirits who haunt places occupy the "lower astral plane" according to some testimonies and have all died rather tragically.
There have been some testimonies on quantum immortality/respawning but I think this is a "level of consciousness" circumstance.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
From what I have been reading... a lot can happen (in relation with the level of consciousness). Death is simply the dissolution of the ego at its pinnacles. I would say that I believe in reincarnation until one actualizes themselves by removing their material restraints / mysticism (many occultists discuss a Unity between man and God, and one could interpret this as obtaining the Gnosis). I also do believe in other kinds of spirits- many of them beings of a different consciousness- but I also notice that Heaven and Hell could be a sort of "state at death" since those evil spirits who haunt places occupy the "lower astral plane" according to some testimonies and have all died rather tragically.
There have been some testimonies on quantum immortality/respawning but I think this is a "level of consciousness" circumstance.
That is a very interesting concept. God bless you!

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Beethoven in his 3rd symphony, 2nd movement, portrays the three deaths of the initiate - physical, emotional and mental. Most humans go through one or two deaths but not three. Then they are recycled.