• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's Your Thoughts on Worshipping Multiple Gods?

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
For instance, what if one wanted to Worship God and Hekate?

This seems like a bad idea to Christian and Hekate followers but personally I feel that it would be okay as long as I find the time to spend with each one of them and with there own Altars. I'm not certain if its true or not but I read that God is a Jealous one and Hekate is demanding.

I don't think I'm willing to let either them go. What's your opinion on this matter?

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
What you might consider is working with the saints, and working with Hecate or St Mary. Not sure about worship of saints, I personally am not pro anything outside of worshipping God, there has just been too much evidence of a personal gnosis of Yahovah and Christ to me personally. As well as too much gnosis of demon worshippers to nail the coffin on other gods.
If you do so, determine their general worship direction and build devotion altars that are separate altars with sigils, magical items devoted to them etc. Perhaps alternate days of worship as well.
That sounds like an excellent plan b, I do have a second Altar in another room so this isn't entirely a problem. Just switching back and forward is as it may be too time consuming. Doing magical workings with saints or God seems to be a bit tricky as there is no real privacy in the next room, or though early mornings would be the best times which kind of works out for me.

I just want to point out that YHVH really doesn't like people worshipping, eh, "false idols". It's after all in the first commandment, and if you read the Old Testament (which you definitely should) you get a good feel for how the whole "other gods" thing is handled.

There's lots of examples, so I just grabbed one link that lists YHVH and how he deals with other deities and their followers just in 2 Kings:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

And maybe consider Exodus 22: 18 ("Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"...Hecate, queen of witches...), 22: 20 ("He who sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed"), etc.

Mind you, I'm not saying you shouldn't go with the deities of your choice. Do what thou wilt and all that - but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to familiarise yourself more with both deities before you make a choice. :)
Understood and noted.

Well, I don't generally believe everything the bible says as it has been re-written thousands of times, especially by those that saw opportunity to control the masses. I don't find it hard to believe in Christ but however the bible... I'm not so sure of. Even though I've been reading Palms and planning magical workings with them. lol - its a mindset that I've been taught, never believe anything you read to be 100% true. And the way I feel is that anyone could write a holy book and claim it to be taught by a divine being. I could be 100% wrong and an Angel awaits to destroy me, kind of unfair when you think about it. I can only continue on with possible unfortunate consequences.

I feel that I was called by Hekate and I don't really want to abandon a former religion that I have just decided to return to, so it is tough.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The internet is full of fakes. Perhaps the inner planes are too.

How do you test for the real Hekate?

Then how do you identify the species/group agenda to which Hekate is obligated?
For instance, what if one wanted to Worship God and Hekate?

This seems like a bad idea to Christian and Hekate followers but personally I feel that it would be okay as long as I find the time to spend with each one of them and with there own Altars. I'm not certain if its true or not but I read that God is a Jealous one and Hekate is demanding.

I don't think I'm willing to let either them go. What's your opinion on this matter?
I've straddled at least a few magickal fences (and them picket points hurt.) Generally time gives one a push. Often when I'm coming awake, I get a nudge in what later turns out to be the right direction. (Though I check this with divination too.)

initmul

Neophyte
Reaction score
That sounds like an excellent plan b, I do have a second Altar in another room so this isn't entirely a problem. Just switching back and forward is as it may be too time consuming. Doing magical workings with saints or God seems to be a bit tricky as there is no real privacy in the next room, or though early mornings would be the best times which kind of works out for me.

Understood and noted.

Well, I don't generally believe everything the bible says as it has been re-written thousands of times, especially by those that saw opportunity to control the masses. I don't find it hard to believe in Christ but however the bible... I'm not so sure of. Even though I've been reading Palms and planning magical workings with them. lol - its a mindset that I've been taught, never believe anything you read to be 100% true. And the way I feel is that anyone could write a holy book and claim it to be taught by a divine being. I could be 100% wrong and an Angel awaits to destroy me, kind of unfair when you think about it. I can only continue on with possible unfortunate consequences.

I feel that I was called by Hekate and I don't really want to abandon a former religion that I have just decided to return to, so it is tough.
Christ is only mentioned in the Bible, as written by fallible humans and edited A LOT. ;)
(I know, I should shut up, but this is one of my passion-topics...)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Christ is only mentioned in the Bible
I suspect that concept is a bit broader.

The ancient Egyptians annointed their kings with the fat of the sacred crocodile - the messeh.

The Jews continued the annointing of kings - now called messiah

Annointing in Greek gives us christos

If we consider the physical annointing as an outward symbol, there may be many christed humans amongst us - regardless of religion.

How to test for a christed human?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I suspect that concept is a bit broader.

The ancient Egyptians annointed their kings with the fat of the sacred crocodile - the messeh.

The Jews continued the annointing of kings - now called messiah

Annointing in Greek gives us christos

If we consider the physical annointing as an outward symbol, there may be many christed humans amongst us - regardless of religion.

How to test for a christed human?
Come on: when the guy said "Christ," he was using it as a proper name for Jesus. We've all heard Pastor Brown expound on the literal meaning of the word "christos." Do try sticking to the point and not parading as oracular utterance what can be picked up cheap on any intellectual street corner.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The internet is full of fakes. Perhaps the inner planes are too.

How do you test for the real Hekate?

Then how do you identify the species/group agenda to which Hekate is obligated?
I guess I could ask for the impossible to happen none other spiritual being can do a part from Hekate herself.

Most of the time. It seems that you need to take a leap of faith for the divine, and that to me is almost like an offering. To whoever pretends to be a divine being such as Hekate must also be wary for they are stealing something that isn't rightfully theirs. The divine hears all, sees all.

Assuming that they do nothing to stop pretentious a-holes, then I would say, you can't. Unless you've felt Hekate's energies before but even then is there a true way of knowing?

I will spare most of the details but I was reading a book dictated to Hekate, to be honest I am going to have to read it again but. I was trying my hardest to capture an image of her. I ended imaging a vivid figure of a woman dressed in black with green eyes.

From what I read. Hekate's Devotees describe Hekate having green eyes, again I read through another book that Hekate calls out to those that are broken, lost, in their darkest hours. I am both of those but not so much the last now since I've decided to take some action and responsibility.

My only true way of knowing if its Hekate is researching the experiences of other practitioners, knowing from the soul, the mind and the heart.
Christ is only mentioned in the Bible, as written by fallible humans and edited A LOT. ;)
(I know, I should shut up, but this is one of my passion-topics...)
First God hated gays now it seems like he loves them, and apparently extraterrestrials is part of Gods greater plan for mankind... Written by humans? It can't be, it's obviously God's hand writing, look see?.. lol

I believe if you're gonna worship Christ then the only thing you need to do is be a loving, caring and good person.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Understood and noted.

An "excellent plan"? Frederick the Great noted that, "To defend every place is to defend none." You'd be dispersing your effort for sure.

Dispersing at BEST, let me add. What about the entities you work with? It's like dating two girls on the same evening. One with the window table, the other by the fireplace. Great premise for a romantic farce; poor magickal tactics, I aver.
Post automatically merged:

I guess I could ask for the impossible to happen none other spiritual being can do a part from Hekate herself.

Most of the time. It seems that you need to take a leap of faith for the divine, and that to me is almost like an offering. To whoever pretends to be a divine being such as Hekate must also be wary for they are stealing something that isn't rightfully theirs. The divine hears all, sees all.

Assuming that they do nothing to stop pretentious a-holes, then I would say, you can't. Unless you've felt Hekate's energies before but even then is there a true way of knowing?

I will spare most of the details but I was reading a book dictated to Hekate, to be honest I am going to have to read it again but. I was trying my hardest to capture an image of her. I ended imaging a vivid figure of a woman dressed in black with green eyes.

From what I read. Hekate's Devotees describe Hekate having green eyes, again I read through another book that Hekate calls out to those that are broken, lost, in their darkest hours. I am both of those but not so much the last now since I've decided to take some action and responsibility.

My only true way of knowing if its Hekate is researching the experiences of other practitioners, knowing from the soul, the mind and the heart.

First God hated gays now it seems like he loves them, and apparently extraterrestrials is part of Gods greater plan for mankind... Written by humans? It can't be, it's obviously God's hand writing, look see?.. lol

I believe if you're gonna worship Christ then the only thing you need to do is be a loving, caring and good person.
Loving? Love whom? One has a choice: love one's kin and comrade or play harlot and love enemies even more. Good? The term by itself can mean widely differing things. What was good to an admirable Roman like Cato the Censor was often opposed to what the Christians of a few centuries later shilled for.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
An "excellent plan"? Frederick the Great noted that, "To defend every place is to defend none." You'd be dispersing your effort for sure.

Dispersing at BEST, let me add. What about the entities you work with? It's like dating two girls on the same evening. One with the window table, the other by the fireplace. Great premise for a romantic farce; poor magickal tactics, I aver.
You make a good point, and now I will have to try to re-think things out or completely forget about it.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
What did it go like....
"A magus must stand with feet firmly planted in hell in order to grasp the heavens"
Or something of the kind. As someone said before in the thread worship is a really strong word
But if we take it for literal meaning i should say we all have One "slot" to fill from both sides
And, as usual, my philosophy dictates it be deities that are personal. One from the "up" light side and one from the "down"

Just like we have a guardian angel i suspect a demon counterpart should be there. Worshipping bunches of entities
is redundant, and i'd even say dangerous - why would they tolerate such behavior it's like cheating on a spouse but worse.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What did it go like....
"A magus must stand with feet firmly planted in hell in order to grasp the heavens"
Or something of the kind. As someone said before in the thread worship is a really strong word
But if we take it for literal meaning i should say we all have One "slot" to fill from both sides
And, as usual, my philosophy dictates it be deities that are personal. One from the "up" light side and one from the "down"

Just like we have a guardian angel i suspect a demon counterpart should be there. Worshipping bunches of entities
is redundant, and i'd even say dangerous - why would they tolerate such behavior it's like cheating on a spouse but worse.
Pantheons are an old idea, but typically one was born into a folk holding to one such and stayed there. The division of labor within a pantheon seems logical. Disrupting influences creep in with adopting outside powers. Evola (in Imperial Paganism) suggests Rome went astray in adopting the cult of the Magna Mater alongside the city's other gods.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The division of labor within a pantheon seems logical. Disrupting influences creep in with adopting outside powers.
I agree. However i believe there was strict distinction, both the common man and the elite would have to give their dues to each divinity
but they were all predominantly set to one being their main place of worship while others were situational.
Everyone pays their dues to the harvest God when it's time, but not all of them worship that deity.

Which reminds me how we Christians have a patron saint to celebrate, but we still honor all the other saints as well.
Ooooooh Evola. I like you.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I agree. However i believe there was strict distinction, both the common man and the elite would have to give their dues to each divinity
but they were all predominantly set to one being their main place of worship while others were situational.
Everyone pays their dues to the harvest God when it's time, but not all of them worship that deity.

Which reminds me how we Christians have a patron saint to celebrate, but we still honor all the other saints as well.
Ooooooh Evola. I like you.
You like me? So can I marry your niece and we all slop Falerian vintages onto the same altar?

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Ironically i dislike most all of my family, take her and never come back. :ROFLMAO:
Why are you such a menace tho hahah

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
A guy pass by me with an Anubis Hoodia! I thought that was awesome. Has anybody contacted Anubis? I know that God the Source is my one true Love, but I do Love the lesser gods as well. That includes Anubis. I always thought Anubis was awesome!
Post automatically merged:

A guy pass by me with an Anubis Hoodia! I thought that was awesome. Has anybody contacted Anubis? I know that God the Source is my one true Love, but I do Love the lesser gods as well. That includes Anubis. I always thought Anubis was awesome!
YHVH is not a real God. The true God is not even jealous of anything. He Loves His Creations. I know based on my experiences. Yet again, they're just my experiences.

Last edited: