• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] When you realized your power, and you wernt just tracing polygons in the air, but had power.

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
We all know the LBRP, and possibly the LRH.

But when did you realize you actually had developed will and developed power to actually make a change, without sucking off a patron spirit?

Let's say you need exactly 43,587.53 USD. What did you do and how long did it take you to amass that with no effort on your part, and again, ithout sucking off a patron spirit?

When did your banishing actually banish a terrible and violent force? How and how long did it take for you to do that?

When did you invoke Spirit to bring you true love, how long and how much of your own effort did it take?

Etc...

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Forget all of that.

When did you realize exactly what it is you want?

Results mean nothing if you don’t have a goal (aka intention).

Conjuring up a million fresh water springs means nothing except to those who know they are thirsty.

Most people live life on “auto-pilot”. The whole point and process of magic is to learn how to turn off auto-pilot so you can chart and navigate your life’s journey according to your will. It’s for the people who want that control and not live reactively.

The mistake I see people make time and again, is they turn to magic hoping to attract health, wealth, and love all for the purposes of having an easy life. They want an easy life so they can….. go right back on auto-pilot!

The point I’m rambling about is this:

You’re essentially asking “when did you achieve a result that validates this process, and how long did it take?”

My response is that the entire question is rendered moot when one fails to establish what the goal even is.

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
it’s more than just not being well defined. It’s lazy and without care. Almost to the point of being an insulting request.

It’s such a lazy aspiration that no one deserves to get it. That’s why it usually never works.

Reaction score
Awards
It seems to be that the easiest way to get rich is to write a book on magic for beginners.
Post automatically merged:

I get your points though. Intention is key, as well as the steps in between A and Z.

Last edited:

Vandheer

Disciple
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
it’s more than just not being well defined. It’s lazy and without care. Almost to the point of being an insulting request.

It’s such a lazy aspiration that no one deserves to get it. That’s why it usually never works.
A very intelligent individual claimed that I was a fraud because I claimed to have finished step 3 of Initiation Into Hermetics and wasn't a millionaire, right here.

Said person is trying to be rich through trying to complete IIH but never even got through the first step in half a decade.

Reaction score
Awards
Funnily enough, someone insinuated I needed to not only realize that the American poor are millionaires, but that I needed to conjure a magic teacher because I couldnt buy a Qi Gong course.

Reaction score
Awards
Exactly my point. Its true in what he was saying, comparatively Im living well. But this is here and there is there.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
First time I really realized that this stuff isn't just larping was actually pretty early on in my practice.

Before I ever got into this stuff I was already practicing a form of empty-mind meditation to try and help with my insomnia, so my ability to focus myself was already pretty good, but when I started getting into occultism I did an impromptu practical experiment in which I made an empty bic lighter burn a 3 inch tall flame. Basically was able to will the flame to change size by focusing my mind towards it. At first I thought it was a fluke but I was able to repeat it several times, willing the flame to grow and shrink. That was the moment I realized it wasn't all just bullshit larping.

Now several years later I've sort-of theurgy'd myself out of practice. No more ritual or anything crazy, just directing my will into whatever I'm doing without consciously forcing it. You go so far to try and internalize your practice that you become a pseudo-normie about it... of course my middle-finger of fuck you is pretty potent now so...

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
We all know the LBRP, and possibly the LRH.

But when did you realize you actually had developed will and developed power to actually make a change, without sucking off a patron spirit?

Let's say you need exactly 43,587.53 USD. What did you do and how long did it take you to amass that with no effort on your part, and again, ithout sucking off a patron spirit?

When did your banishing actually banish a terrible and violent force? How and how long did it take for you to do that?

When did you invoke Spirit to bring you true love, how long and how much of your own effort did it take?

Etc...
Is this thread aimed at ceremonial magicians specifically? Don't want to flap my gums somewhere it doesn't belong.

Reaction score
Awards
Actually the question is aimed at all magic practitioners, and the question is what made it click, and how long did it take you?
Post automatically merged:

I mean, low magick for sure Ive got results. A money spell got results. A joint curse worked. But high magic ...

Last edited:

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I’m partly responsible for derailing the thread. Didn’t mean to. I’m not a fan of the high/low misnomer. Internal/external is more accurate.

as for that moment, I never had it. I’ve known it was real since I was 3.

Reaction score
Awards
It wasnt derailing, it was appreciated. Ive rarely had "oh shit" moments except when dealing with Satanism in the past, but ... I guess I do need to really concentrate on the intent and then call on the angels.

Ive known it was real since my twenties, just lacked direction as my life has pretty much been riding on the winds of life, so to speak.

Right now Im trying to repair my life, though I know the GD type systems shake up your life as a test. Which is why Ive vowed to work through the books. But I will need my own place, preferably during the Fire grade/Portal grade.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I realised whilst pondering this question that I can't remember when my "oh shit" moment was. I do remember a moment when I experienced magic happening, but I'm fairly sure that was not the first time it had happened. What I felt was a great excitement, coupled with what I can only describe as "a looking away", as I was ending up in the successful outcome (as I would phrase it now)

Reaction score
Awards
I realized the power of belief and intention with incantation and a full moon to later find a 100 dollar bill at my feet in 1992.

I also realized in 1992 that Satan was real, feeling a horrid presence and emotion in my room, until crying out "Jesus!". Later in 2018 would feel the same and act the same while working with Belial.

I realized shortly after that moment seeing an angel fly by my window, affirming me that they were real.

I realized the power of visualization, while working from Modern Magick and Self Initialization into the Golden Dawn Tradition in 2016. How much more LBRPs became powerful, felt a whooshing in my head when dabbling with qlippoth (LBRP skill diminished there), and hten next to nothing after antipsychotics.

I realized the power of healing via Psalms after my ex totalled her car texting another guy, and came out with a few scratches from the hospital.

In short it is real ... but how long should it take to banish a force, summon an angel (tried conjuring Sitael last night), or invoke planetary energy?

In short, I guess I just wanted to see and hear experiences of others.