• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] When you realized your power, and you wernt just tracing polygons in the air, but had power.

Everyone's got one.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I was standing on an energy line and projected into a structure some miles away where that line and 4 more energy lines intersected at a single point.

The energy lines were supposed to flow around the planet but were blocked. As I faced along my energy/ley line, a flow of light came into each temple of my head, crossing in the middle of my brain at right angles to each other.

I was prompted to push light straight out my forehead at right angles to both incoming lines, so I did.

I pushed the light into the blocked line for a while and after about a minute I had a thump in the back of my head by my own light that had traveled around the planet - apparently opening the line.

So I thought: I will open the other 4 lines. No you won't! was the reply. And all these years later they are still blocked.

In retrospect, I don't think it was me opening the line. I was perhaps making a contribution - representing the human race in a group process

The geometry of the lines seemed important

lolabird

Visitor
Reaction score
Forget all of that.

When did you realize exactly what it is you want?

Results mean nothing if you don’t have a goal (aka intention).

Conjuring up a million fresh water springs means nothing except to those who know they are thirsty.

Most people live life on “auto-pilot”. The whole point and process of magic is to learn how to turn off auto-pilot so you can chart and navigate your life’s journey according to your will. It’s for the people who want that control and not live reactively.

The mistake I see people make time and again, is they turn to magic hoping to attract health, wealth, and love all for the purposes of having an easy life. They want an easy life so they can….. go right back on auto-pilot!

The point I’m rambling about is this:

You’re essentially asking “when did you achieve a result that validates this process, and how long did it take?”

My response is that the entire question is rendered moot when one fails to establish what the goal even is.
The "knowing what you want" piece has been sooo true for me. I realized recently how important having clarity is. I manifest some really wonky things at worst and at best nothing when my head is in a fog about what it is I'm trying to do or when I'm not even sure if I want the thing that I'm asking for.

As far as the original question goes, I've been realizing I had power over the past few months with little things. Part of that is that I've stopped being afraid of it and became just more curious and stopped taking myself so seriously on top of that lol. I think that's that whole "letting go" that people talk about? And I think that's the very thing that's brought me to this site. Sorry for repeating what I said in my intro post, but after chilling out about finding a book, it randomly popped in my head to look it up and lo and behold here it was. That really got me paying attention XD

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
One time I saw Mr strong man music video flying above the power lines and I sang to it in my head before I had ever seen it. It was this exact video.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

now I’m working on having very controllable lasting abilities.

Reaction score
Awards
Forget all of that.

When did you realize exactly what it is you want?

Results mean nothing if you don’t have a goal (aka intention).

Conjuring up a million fresh water springs means nothing except to those who know they are thirsty.

Most people live life on “auto-pilot”. The whole point and process of magic is to learn how to turn off auto-pilot so you can chart and navigate your life’s journey according to your will. It’s for the people who want that control and not live reactively.

The mistake I see people make time and again, is they turn to magic hoping to attract health, wealth, and love all for the purposes of having an easy life. They want an easy life so they can….. go right back on auto-pilot!

The point I’m rambling about is this:

You’re essentially asking “when did you achieve a result that validates this process, and how long did it take?”

My response is that the entire question is rendered moot when one fails to establish what the goal even is.
These are excellent points. They don't call it the Easy Work or the Fulfilling Work, but they call it The Great Work for a reason.
What do * believe, and what do I want...
These are very expansive questions.
Bring a Celtic Christian attracted to the Rosicrucians and the Golden Dawn yet not a freemason or lodge initiate...it's complicated. Even moreso being homeless, poor and disabled.
Still, I rise.
And yet to reach adept and meet and converse with my HGA. To become a Magus.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The "knowing what you want" piece has been sooo true for me.
In the last few days I have seen close up two blessings in disguise. In both cases the desired event went wrong but the outcomes were better than what was desired.

How does that happen?

Who is out there knowing better than the human?

What right do they have to interfere with human weaknesses?

Reaction score
Awards
In the last few days I have seen close up two blessings in disguise. In both cases the desired event went wrong but the outcomes were better than what was desired.

How does that happen?

What are you answers to your questions?

We know and learn as babies by trial and error, with the possibility of something bad as a result, or something good such as a lesson lerned or acquired skills/talent.
So, by experimenting, even trial and error, or by scientific method, we learn our lessons and acquire skill.

I would think "God" knows best for all of us, as painful as our temporal life may be.

Free-will.

So, putting this back on topic, we learn magick and acquire kill by experimenting, getting our hands dirty, going into ritual.
We know, we dare, we will, and we keep silent.

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes (OK, damnit, often) I am in the position of TV's Steve Urkel, "Did I just do that?" I mean I do a work and maybe (OK damnit, at rare intervals) the result comes to pass. Did I do it? Or did the cosmos' blind hog gift me an acorn?

As for wealth and magic, I have the key that OP hints at. I plan to write a beginner's grimoire laying out my secrets. "Capormageia: The Reverse Midas Touch." That's where my results tend to run.

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
how long should it take to banish a force, summon an angel (tried conjuring Sitael last night), or invoke planetary energy?
Funnily enough, I believe there can't be certain time limits for this. Too many factors are involved at once, not last of them being spirits' (or angels'/demons'/other entities') feeling of time being different from ours. Not to mention practitioner's power, will, actions, etc.

lolabird

Visitor
Reaction score

How does that happen?

That's something I've wondered about too. I think sometimes it's an issue of not being specific enough or there being some negative or unwanted energy around the request. Often, though I feel like it's protection from spirits or deities who do have a broader perspective and know that the way we think we want to go is not the right path for us.

Zackalope

Neophyte
Reaction score
Well I guess there is the personal oh shit moments, like changing the direction of a snow storm so that the cheating spouse of a friend of mine's got caught in her lies when her car got stuck in the snow drift out front of her secret boyfriend's house, or feeling the deity I had conjured to speak to press her lips on my neck unblocking some repressed memories and ptsd. But then there are external oh shit moments experienced by others in real time, for instance the time you and a friend both channeled your higher selves and blocked any memories of the event from your "poodle" friend entirely; or the time you literally vanquished the mentally ill girl in your college friend groups hallucinations with rays of blue light that appeared to her as soon as you began to think of them. Of the former, I've had countless, and the longer I practice, I have to agree with Anziel; I've pretty much theurgyed myself into normality. But as for the latter, I can honestly say its only been a handful of times, maybe seven or eight, and each one has left me wondering that for as much as I supposedly knew, how much did I really understand?

Rasputin_618

Neophyte
Reaction score
We all know the LBRP, and possibly the LRH.

But when did you realize you actually had developed will and developed power to actually make a change, without sucking off a patron spirit?

Let's say you need exactly 43,587.53 USD. What did you do and how long did it take you to amass that with no effort on your part, and again, ithout sucking off a patron spirit?

When did your banishing actually banish a terrible and violent force? How and how long did it take for you to do that?

When did you invoke Spirit to bring you true love, how long and how much of your own effort did it take?

Etc...
“Sucking off a patron spirit”. Wtf bro. How about some respect and decorum? Don’t approach these studies recklessly or your life will be turned upside down and the rod of correction will be especially hard on you. It took me about a year and i didn’t detect real change until i devoted a lot of intensity to the middle pillar and an advanced invoking pentagram ritual, the one with enochian power words I can’t remember now exactly which one. Now i can sense and channel subtle energy better and my life was turned upside down in a manner that forced me to grow.