• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Why aren't we doing something positive?

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Yanno, I sit and I read posts from so many people stating they have power, and they have the knowledge and ability to effect the world, yet... when it comes to global issues, this "community" never gets together, never concentrates on one goal. Everyone is only concerned about their own personal growth.

Of course I am referring to the situation in Ukraine. So many people here claim to be regular practitioners and the goals, while valid, tend to be money, love, etc. What about the bigger picture? You're telling me you can spend all that time reading and practicing, but when it comes to getting together to do a ritual or something for major world issues, you don't have the time or caring?

I'm being somewhat rhetorical. When I say you, I might not mean YOU. We could devise a very simple ritual, schedule a bunch of people to perform that ritual at the same time. It doesn't have to be political. It could simply be "Stop Russia from killing a bunch of civilians". Or, a ritual to help bring about a diplomatic solution.

My point is... there's nothing wrong for you to want to do things to improve your own life. However, if we truly have any power, be that individually or as a group concentrating on the same thing at the same time, why wouldn't we want to at least try?

Everything is so narrowly focused on ourselves. I'm guilty of it, too.

A Perfect Circle has a mind blowing album named Eat the Elephant. In Disillusioned, there are these lyrics:

Time to put the silicon obsession down
Take a look around, find a way in the silence
Lie supine away with your back to the ground
Dis- and re-connect to the resonance now
You were never an island
That last line, you were never an island, has always gotten me thinking. I'm not a social person. I have, at the least, a minor case of agoraphobia, but honestly I just like keeping my world as small as possible. It makes it easier to manage my anxiety and paranoia issues. At the end of the day, the things I do affects the entire world. I want to rage against it (I WANT to be an island, damnit!), but the simple fact is, no one really is. We all have some effect on people and things around us, no matter how small.

We, collectively, are not an island. We are part of this world, and major events like this will affect every single one of us. Some in mild ways (gas and grocery prices going up). Some of us might actually die.

Anyways, this has been percolating in my brain for awhile now. I wanted to get it out there.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe some of us already are doing Magick for the situation.
Untill now I have been doing candle magic with the intent of the safety of the Ukrainian people.
But if someone suggests a group ritual or whatever, I'll join.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe some of us already are doing Magick for the situation.
Untill now I have been doing candle magic with the intent of the safety of the Ukrainian people.
But if someone suggests a group ritual or whatever, I'll join.
In my emotional vomit above I completely disregarded the possibility that some people are doing things privately, which is silly. That's equally as important and I apologize for that.

I would love to come up with a simple ritual (simple so that people can take part even if they're not familiar with ritual magic), and a date/time for a group of people to perform that ritual. At best, maybe we make a difference. At worse, maybe the people doing the ritual will feel a bit better. I dunno, it just seems like if we have this vat of power, why not at least try to pool it all together and accomplish something positive.

If we can get some more people involved, we can start coming up with ideas for the ritual. Candle magic is a really good idea. It's very accessible and is compatible with almost every belief system, even Christianity.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Indeed, candlemagic is something that everybody can participate in.

This third Triangle might also be to the liking of some. You can use this as you would a normal seal; chant the three Latin psalms and gaze into the center of the seal as you speak your intent of safety to the Angels Sitel, Irthel and Hecheshia.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly, I think the most powerful magic one may involve oneself in on this front is to readily expose oneself to the immediate arguments and propaganda around the situation, and do one's best to identify the full shape of the lies around it: to call out and name it's truest names so that people see the disgusting filth dripping from the bad faith of this invasion, and to participate in the simple physical magics of exposing that bad faith clearly and loudly.

See people apologizing for Putin discussing how it's "to save ukranians Jews from ukranians "anti-Semitism"? Knowledge that Putin worships a white supremacist philosopher can turn this lie around.

We each have within our personal sphere of influence a certain amount of leverage. Only by knowing what evil is saying so as to apologize for itself as it continues to be shitty, will we turn against this.

And then to, when it is within our power, vote against those elements that are in orbit around that "supremacy", false though as it is.

Reaction score
Awards
Yanno, I sit and I read posts from so many people stating they have power, and they have the knowledge and ability to effect the world, yet... when it comes to global issues, this "community" never gets together, never concentrates on one goal. Everyone is only concerned about their own personal growth.

Of course I am referring to the situation in Ukraine. So many people here claim to be regular practitioners and the goals, while valid, tend to be money, love, etc. What about the bigger picture? You're telling me you can spend all that time reading and practicing, but when it comes to getting together to do a ritual or something for major world issues, you don't have the time or caring?

I'm being somewhat rhetorical. When I say you, I might not mean YOU. We could devise a very simple ritual, schedule a bunch of people to perform that ritual at the same time. It doesn't have to be political. It could simply be "Stop Russia from killing a bunch of civilians". Or, a ritual to help bring about a diplomatic solution.

My point is... there's nothing wrong for you to want to do things to improve your own life. However, if we truly have any power, be that individually or as a group concentrating on the same thing at the same time, why wouldn't we want to at least try?

A Perfect Circle has a mind blowing album named Eat the Elephant. In Disillusioned, there are these lyrics:

That last line, you were never an island, has always gotten me thinking. I'm not a social person. I have, at the least, a minor case of agoraphobia, but honestly I just like keeping my world as small as possible. It makes it easier to manage my anxiety and paranoia issues. At the end of the day, the things I do affects the entire world. I want to rage against it (I WANT to be an island, damnit!), but the simple fact is, no one really is. We all have some effect on people and things around us, no matter how small.

We, collectively, are not an island. We are part of this world, and major events like this will affect every single one of us. Some in mild ways (gas and grocery prices going up). Some of us might actually die.

Anyways, this has been percolating in my brain for awhile now. I wanted to get it out there.
Im trying to stay alive, just shot at by life, not bullets. I feel for them. Im disgusted with the situation in Ukraine. The problem is, it may come down to a second Cold War.
In the 80s it was a dick measuring contest between USA and Russia, who had the most nukes to obliterate the bad guy 1000x over, along with the rest of the planet.
Perhaps we are trying to not let an obvious madman in power use that excuse when all else fails. Sanctions right now are best, it is straight from the Art of War.
Speaking of which, with the Paimon seal, if you're on BALG and are who Im thinking of, then you would know the way I was shoved off the site that it was due to my being deemed an eternal newbie.
Still.
How do you know I haven't been doing anything to alleviate the situation?
One of the laws, the final, silence.

Reaction score
Awards

Also, wasn't meaning to be harsh, just real.
I would join in on a group ritual. But, my lack of ability to direct energy might mess up the groove. Imma do my thing in private.

Asmoday may be one to talk to. Someone I know climbing Sitra Ahra was disgusted by something regarding Golochab, which sounded a premonition of whats goin on in the news.

Norse900

Neophyte
Reaction score

I realize I'm late to the party, but that's okay. I put out a similar call on Balg and have a group going. There are several others also doing coordinated workings.

Things have slowed as the War has drug on, but it's more of a "don't mess up what's working" vibe. Everything from helping the displaced and suffering (on both sides), to command and control disruption, to personal attacks. The gamut. Current focus is on the suffering and trying to push negotiations.

Just saying you're not alone in feeling the call to action.

cryphius

Neophyte
Reaction score
It's my experience that occultists dont band well together because of differing politics, differing ideas of magic in theory and practice, and arguing over who gets to be in charge and who gets to follow.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
the situation in Ukraine. .... What about the bigger picture?

Exactly the point: how much karma is being worked out there?

Much of it is from WW2 - hence the repeated Russian comments about needing to deal with the Nazis in Ukraine.

I once read that the spilling of human blood in WW2 was an important part of cleansing the planet.

The human perspective tends to be human-centric.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards

I am the change I want to see in this world. I hate to say it but I do my fair share of charity when it comes to people in need. Plus, I'm a vegetarian and I don't use anything that comes from animal suffering. IMHO that's more than what most people do.

Also, I don't get involved with group projects because they're usually politically motivated. Sorry to say it but Russia has their reasons when it comes to Ukraine. And I can't stand the fact that the country I live in is spending billions of dollars, arming neo nazis to fight a proxy war against Russia. They could be putting Americans first with that money. They could fix student debt, give us heath care or build homes for the homeless with that money. There's a million good things they can do with that money but they don't. It's all exhausting.

If people took the time to develop their awareness then everyone would be the change they want to see in this world. When I say awareness, there's one awareness and this planet and life would be fine because we would all be on the same page.

When mundanes wake up I'll be there to help. Until then I'll remain an outlier.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
At last, I am not the only one with this in mind. I never done magick but I have done Energetic rituals, but what I'm getting at is, for All of Humanity in the whole entire Globe, sit down and meditate and really send a Powerful Force of Love, and Energy. If that ever happens, not even The Elite can't stop it. I think that's what The Elite is trying to prevent from us. Man... Listen, if we could really get in contact with everyone in the Planet, and as a Collective whole, go into a trance for Healing The Earth, and removing the events that's taking place now. Uuuffffff!!! There would be a total black Out, and perhaps The Earth will stay still. A lot of things can happen if we go that far out. But, most of Humanity are lost, and so they don't hear me though. Good point man, nice one!

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Ah, didn't realize this was the opinion. Better to know now.

Best of luck.
Well it's my opinion. I'm not speaking for others but there's a lot of people who share the same opinion as me. They're not hard to find. Lol. Plus who wants to be part of a group that doesn't allow any criticism? They silence everyone who doesn't agree with them. That place is just as bad as Reddit except the people there are knowingly covering up for individuals who shamelessly defraud and take advantage of others.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
This topic i avoid, due to lack of nice discussion skills. I also just totally dont agree for several reasons, but that doesnt really matter.

I was wondering why as within, so without, as above, so below doesnt fit the bill here? And why there are so many fingers pointing outwards. And why the divide and conquer strategy is acted upon as blind mice in a labroom.

Humans are killing humans after all, so somewhere in our conscious we agreed to let others be killed instead of us.

And last, but not least: lots of occult inclined people are quite anti social, so what is the problem then with weeding out some?

Reaction score
Awards
Exactly the point: how much karma is being worked out there?

Much of it is from WW2 - hence the repeated Russian comments about needing to deal with the Nazis in Ukraine.

I once read that the spilling of human blood in WW2 was an important part of cleansing the planet.

The human perspective tends to be human-centric.
There are a few possibilities.
1. Coordinate attacks in offending party military forces by use of elementals and devas.
2. Coordinate attacks in offending party's military forces by use of 22 defensive Shemhamphoresh Angels and hosts.
3. Coordinate attacks in offending party's military forces by use of demons of wrath or ritual attack or demons of Magick.
4. Coordinate attacks on offending party's military forces by use of cooperating gods and goddesses

Reaction score
Awards
There are a few possibilities.
1. Coordinate attacks in offending party military forces by use of elementals and devas.
2. Coordinate attacks in offending party's military forces by use of 22 defensive Shemhamphoresh Angels and hosts.
3. Coordinate attacks in offending party's military forces by use of demons of wrath or ritual attack or demons of Magick.
4. Coordinate attacks on offending party's military forces by use of cooperating gods and goddesses
5. Evoke by the unit symbol the collective hive mind and change it's relationship to Peace.

Reaction score
Awards

Why not setup a group ritual for peace?,