• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Wicca is bs?

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I believe the idea of charging rocks with the full moon and making little spell jars is childish and silly. However, I don't know too much about the subject so I'll let everyone decide for themselves

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know too much about the subject so I'll let everyone decide for themselves
Then what's the point of this post? I think Wicca is a good introduction to Magick that eases you into it + gets you accustomed to ritual.
In a way, the two Elemental tools I associate most with Wicca are the Pentacle and the Chalice and (I think..) these are the first one should make / buy / consecrate.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Well from a skeptics point of view everything we do is bullshit so maybe its a matter of perspective.

Rocks and jars are quirks, many traditions have those. Some chaotees blow it to sigils you know

What I don't agree with is the law of threefold/karma, but that wasn't what you were refering to.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, perhaps it is a good introduction but personally I think at some point you must adopt more advanced ideas to achieve occult power.

a3ct

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Wicca can be beneficial for some individuals. It's a practice rooted in associations, with philosophies and rituals that share commonalities with other magical traditions. While not without its critics, Wicca is generally considered a harmless spiritual path. If people find value in it and choose to practice, that's a positive choice for them.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Wicca can be beneficial for some individuals. It's a practice rooted in associations, with philosophies and rituals that share commonalities with other magical traditions. While not without its critics, Wicca is generally considered a harmless spiritual path. If people find value in it and choose to practice, that's a positive choice for them.
That's quite a fair point. Many spiritual paths can be relatively dangerous or be misunderstood quite a bit. Wicca is relatively simple in terms of practice and philosophy.
Post automatically merged:

That's quite a fair point. Many spiritual paths can be relatively dangerous or be misunderstood quite a bit. Wicca is relatively simple in terms of practice and philosophy.
Perhaps maybe I just misunderstood it due to it's sheer simplicity. I am more used to practices that are a lot less straight forward

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Wicca gets a bad rap because of witchtok and instagram crystal girlies.

Just 10 years ago it was one of the most popular, serious, and well-respected branches of magick.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
never ever.
it is the Justin Bieber of magick
its the Dane Cook of occult.

@Accipeveldare i can feel the hate within you don't bow under the elites!

the audacity to make someone think they get stuff by being positive instead of working hard for it drives me mad it's against the most basic principles

at this point i equal wicca to a school yard clique, you got the jocks, the nerds, the ninjas, and then you get.... the girls who believe in crystals

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
never ever.
it is the Justin Bieber of magick
its the Dane Cook of occult.

@Accipeveldare i can feel the hate within you don't bow under the elites!

the audacity to make someone think they get stuff by being positive instead of working hard for it drives me mad it's against the most basic principles

at this point i equal wicca to a school yard clique, you got the jocks, the nerds, the ninjas, and then you get.... the girls who believe in crystals

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW TO SAY IT PROPERLY

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The duality of the occult is such a bothersome thing, in this case - Ignorance is bliss.
Should a person just be told and accepts that crystals are the real deal, then they just might be - to that person.
If crystals are a go, then crystal orbs should be as well.

I want my crystal orb, damn it. and it better be red or im starting a formal religion with the sole purpose
of making crystals do the opposite effect of what they are supposed to do. or worse.
We'll call it.... The Brotherhood of Mineral Malice
With the sacred text i baptize you to a trueborn hater, and knight you an adept of the Brotherhood of Mineral Malice
from now one once a week you are required to place considerable mental "good intentions" towards making crystals do the
exact opposite of what they are described to do. We are to meet the heretics with brutal refute where ever they emerge!
for we are jehovah and thy will be done. Eventually, we will cover them all.
Our forces shall grasp from the night, every zodiac, every tarot, dont get me started on the ouija boards, and we shall feast on the chaos of a million 20-something art/atlernative theater type majors

my favorite truestory.exe is how a gypsy psychic was approached by a client they did a reading for x years ago, once the client presented
the blessed rock the gypsy instantly recalled the entire seanse they had and her problems and solutions in minute detail etc, the big reveal?
she gives everyone a color specific to an issue, over time she got a hang of the type of personalities and boom, miracle on the spot.
to make matters more stupid the bs was actually helping the doofus with whatever their health issue was supposed to be for example.

our holy order leaves space for idiots to believe stupid things, it's different to be a victim of a million dollar scam.

i bless upon you this sacred knowledge: the new age was initiated by three sisters who made increasingly imaginative faux rituals
the floating tables, the ectoplasm, the paperwork - Lord, the paperwork. like you'd get a note telling you something profound
even though the medium is all the way there... the funny thing is, they are neither disproven nor rumored to be fake
they fucking said so themselves. and people still thought it was all real. The guy who wrote Sherlock Holmes was noted to love going to seances and prove those quacks wrong, i don't value that for the authors fame but the exact type of person who would troll like that
he added fake uncles to summon n that kinda ninjutsu

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Wicca gets a bad rap because of witchtok and instagram crystal girlies.
It gets a bad rap because most of it's McOccult even if it's fine for low level sorcerery.
I respect it as a ceremonial tradition that I might visit some day.

That's it - that's the only reason I have to care about it.
I don't expect to find anything novel if I open up a wicca book.
I don't expect to find an occult system or technique I haven't encountered before.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Then what's the point of this post? I think Wicca is a good introduction to Magick that eases you into it + gets you accustomed to ritual.
In a way, the two Elemental tools I associate most with Wicca are the Pentacle and the Chalice and (I think..) these are the first one should make / buy / consecrate.
Couldn't agree more. The Pentacle makes the introduction of the occultist in Wicca to the Earth element energies, while the Chalice will have them introduced to the Water element.

Kinda like how they connect each other: grounding (pentacle) for stability and profound studies and water (chalice) for instilling curiosity and one's empath like abilities to connect with Nature. 😊

Promise

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
There are a range of ways people engage in every practice system which partially depends on their maturity, scope of experience and knowledge, etc.

Those of you that are saying you don't like Wicca, I think really mean how certain folks approach it.

There is also the aesthetics of a systems - like does it appeal to you / do you resonate with it?

Thirdly, there is whether a system is effective, both overall for you personally, and in general.

So, I think it muddies the waters when we confuse the 3.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Wicca is a joke simply because it's founder just created it to try to make a sex cult.

But then again, Crowley did the same thing and he's regarded as one of the greatest of his time so I guess to each his own.

That being said, I agree with the others on this thread that it is a good starting point. If it wasn't for Bucklands big blue book - alongside Amber K's Real Magical - I probably wouldn't have gotten into magic

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
well its an upgrade from buying rocks to improve your mental health thats for sure

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Wicca has been heavily commercialized and diluted in all kinds of ways (what religion hasn't at this point?) but it's not a monolithic entity so you can't really assume all Wiccans are doing McMagic. "Serious" occultists will point out, rightly, that the witch-cult hypothesis that forms the core myth of this "old religion" is bogus, and that it really is less than 100 years old. That said, many "serious" people also think tarot cards come from ancient Egypt, or some 17th century German grimoire was really written by Solomon, so everyone has their own angle on BS. I don't judge too harshly.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
That said, many "serious" people also think tarot cards come from ancient Egypt, or some 17th century German grimoire was really written by Solomon, so everyone has their own angle on BS. I don't judge too harshly.

My favorite is "the Masons existed since the Ancient Egypt" and "Kelley definitely wasn't a conman just trying to secure a living and sleep with another dude's wife"

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
My favorite is "the Masons existed since the Ancient Egypt" and "Kelley definitely wasn't a conman just trying to secure a living and sleep with another dude's wife"
Mine is "and of course the gypsies came from Atlantis"

Sabbatius

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I understand the initial angst of the OP, however there are a lot of advanced Wiccan groups and solitaries I have crossed paths with that would make one question their thoughts on the fluff of what Wicca has been associated with in the past few decades. The biggest issue with Wicca is the amount of, and I use this term loosely, is "New Age" ideologies and techniques that have become a generalized form.

One of these, which I deal with on a daily basis is the whole concept of "Manifesting Success and Wellness" which I have seen some profess Manifestation here. I am not a fan. I personally think it is garbage. Yes, there are methods and necessity in Ceremonial and Ritual, but not in the New Age approach of bursting out of thin air like the promises made. I personally have known people who were weak-minded enough to invest their efforts into the whole "Manifesting Success Concepts" and eventually lose everything, only to take their own lives because of this garbage.

Other forms from the New Age have been an influx of Psychic Empowerment with an emphasis on Ascended Masters, Aliens, Indigo Children, etc. to which comes a whole slough of untested, unverifiable, personal gnosis which translates to their word versus reality in most cases. In essence, "F&^% You! I'm a Dragon!" types.