• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Wicca is bs?

Mars

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Me too.
Are you saying you find it unfortunate that I'm not one? You're flirting with me ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think Wicca / witchcraft / lhp and all paths that in some way oppose Catholicism are attractive to those who (feel they) are oppressed.

Yes I am. I would love a blue haired emily making me knee before her feet but unfortunately it didn't happened yet. Perhaps I can law of attraction one or so.

Or you can just, again go to the original sources. The wiccans are still deceived by ego and Maya.

then of course, people saying Wicca is homophobic and anti-trans because it's ritual liturgy is rooted in a duotheistic gender-binary.

Please fuck off with that. If you believe there to be more than 2 genders or whatever you are delusional.

You are born into a body that is either female or male.

And dont give me that sex/ gender crap and hang yourself up on it. Only english has this.

And this stupid analogy and habit of differentiating between it now. only because it burrowed the same word twice, once from the saxon and once from the french language. Other languages dont even have this. Only yours does.

The soul has no gender because otherwise it couldn't be the soul. Your soul, spirit and the soil gave you either a female of male body. You most likely even chose your gender anyway before being born. Perhaps in your next life you will be your "preferred gender".
Oh and if instead of taking hrt made by pfizer trannies did some meditation they would find this out themselves too. They can even larp being inside an actual body of their "preferred gender" instead of mutilating the one they currently have. They wont have it long anyway.

I would also rather be a woman so I can make money selling pictures of my arsehole and feet to incels online and manipulate betas, but I'm born as a man (a proper one at that) and its one of my duties to realise myself as such. Everyone who thinks different and is a tranny unironically fell victim to an egregore and serve the eternal jew.

Reaction score
Awards
Whew there's a lot to unpack here. You really just said all that.

Honestly, a lot of people have this issue of conflating "folk tradition" as "Wicca/witchcraft" simply because it's easier to lump all neo-paganism into the same umbrella when discussing it (to be fair a lot of wiccans do appropriate folk craft and that makes it harder to actually differentiate the crafts). There's also the whole "trifold goddess" group which is basically just Christianity but God's a woman.

Yeahp, I mean there's Hekate Triformis but it wasn't what they think it is.

I think Wicca / witchcraft / lhp and all paths that in some way oppose Catholicism are attractive to those who (feel they) are oppressed.

I dunno, In thino Catholicism doesn't most of the oppressing there.. but them..Catholic school girls with them red boots.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
@Mars please dude.. cut it. Everybody knows by now how you feel about it. Don't drag * it into every thread.
(Pun intended..)

Reaction score
Yes I am. I would love a blue haired emily making me knee before her feet but unfortunately it didn't happened yet. Perhaps I can law of attraction one or so.

I would also rather be a woman so I can make money selling pictures of my arsehole and feet to incels online and manipulate betas, but I'm born as a man (a proper one at that) and its one of my duties to realise myself as such.

I know my drunk bullshit is abrasive but this is a whole other level of insane. Actually bro go outside.

Well I hope you can achieve your dreams and embrace the woman you are inside.
๐Ÿ˜‡

I'll suggest you call on Cybele, there's a certain rite of hers involving a pottery shard you'll be interested in.

Reaction score
Awards
Please fuck off with that. If you believe there to be more than 2 genders or whatever you are delusional.

I don't believe I ever mentioned my views on the subject; I just don't see how your political views are relevant here, especially considering how trad-Wicca is built around their being two genders. Again, I think you are attacking the wrong label.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what your political views are. I'm here for ritual, insights into praxis and to refine my toolbox.

You are born into a body that is either female or male.

I agree with you, with the caveat of intersex individuals. Biologically, you are either male, female or intersex.

And dont give me that sex/ gender crap and hang yourself up on it. Only english has this.
Gender means a kind or variant within a larger classification. It is related to the word genre. Clearly we are talking about biological kinds to which I've already agreed with you. Gender roles refer to kinds of roles informed by biological gender and social expectations. It is also very possible for the brain to develope one way and the body to develope the other way which can lead to complexities of gender identity, and that's just looking at intersex biology, we haven't even touched individual psychology.

Problem is, the universities and colleges, instead of being specific to which level they are applying the word gender to, are trying to change the default already established usage of the word. They seem to think they have a right to piss people off, or impose their definitions on everyone else. Universities should teach multiple and conflicting schools of thought for the merit of learning, but they should not be involved in culture wars.

And this stupid analogy and habit of differentiating between it now. only because it burrowed the same word twice, once from the saxon and once from the french language. Other languages dont even have this. Only yours does.

Bold of you to assume my first language...

Either way what I've said here still remains true in the Latin usage so I'm not sure what you are going on about.

The soul has no gender because otherwise it couldn't be the soul. Your soul, spirit and the soil gave you either a female of male body. You most likely even chose your gender anyway before being born. Perhaps in your next life you will be your "preferred gender".

I. If by Soul you mean the eternal animating principal that is not biological but which being entangled with the mortal body is conditioned thereby in its experience then...yes, I agree..the soul has no gender.

II. I don't by the "everyone chose their life before incarnation bullshit", which has led to some very horrible cast systems which have been used to justify human suffering.

III. You would do well to look into 'intersex' and 'chimeras'.

Oh and if instead of taking hrt made by pfizer trannies did some meditation they would find this out themselves too.

That was just incoherent.

They can even larp being inside an actual body of their "preferred gender" instead of mutilating the one they currently have. They wont have it long anyway.

I don't find a risky surgical procedure to be the best way to deal with body dismorphia but you know what? - that doesn't matter because it's not my body and I'm not fucking them. Why do you even care so much?

It has shit all to do with Wicca, this thread or how you choose to live your life.

I would also rather be a woman so I can make money selling pictures of my arsehole and feet to incels online and manipulate betas,

Ah so you dream of being female, justify it with wanting an easy life and this is all projection on your part, got it.

but I'm born as a man (a proper one at that) and its one of my duties to realise myself as such.

Dude I've interacted with you for less than half a day and I already can't stand you. What exactly is proper about you?

You read into posts, getting yourself all hit and bothered and showed yourself to be the asshole you want to photograph so badly. I really don't think anybody cares about your sexual insecurities.

Everyone who thinks different and is a tranny unironically fell victim to an egregore and serve the eternal jew.

Yep there it is, there's the antisemitism. Yeah dude, everyone who thinks differently than you is trying to steal your penis. ๐Ÿ‘€

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
@ everybody: I asked Mars not to respond so I'm asking you all to leave the gender hatred etc now be and stop quoting him.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
When you get down and dirty with it, aren't all practices bs? Even if the system was "dictated" by a higher power, or old asf it's still just a human doing the work here in the shit.

Systems made out of thin air, cultures and symbols are shaped out of mud. Every practice has its normies and braindead, the Wicca complained about are esoteric mud-folk, people who begin and end at their body-minds and don't know any better because they haven't done the out-of-practice work to even know there is an esoteric side to it. They're blind folk reaching at fairytales.

It's not the system, wording, or symbols that matters, it's the belief and kindled flame that results within the individual.

Plus Wicca is unfortunately very easy to market, so much to be complained about just comes from the work of the greedy, and not the genuine
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™€๏ธ

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
It's probably dang hard to generalize about Wiccans anyway given the loose "organization." For a lot of folks, Wicca is an accessible way station. I never called myself a Wiccan, but I started looking into paganism and magick via a few Wiccan books I picked up browsing. I guess you could say I picked up a somewhat congenial vibe from the material and this led to things that "fit" better. Wicca is probably interlarded with some b.s., sure. But I've picked bugs out of flour before and used what was left over.

JGVDRG

Apprentice
Reaction score
Popularity deteriorates every damned thing.
That's why occultist traditions and practices should be in fact occult. As in, not being mentioned in platforms that are made for creating trends and viral content, not being told out loud for everyone to listen. Then it gets lame, full of idiots, banal and superficial, and everyone starts complaining about it.
This is starting to happen with Goetia. Soon enough their retardation is going to infect even the most unforgiving and dense Daemon's egregore. The collective's power to dumb things down is unmatched.

Malvo

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
I don't participte much, but ill give it a go at this.

Wicca, as with anything that becomes "trendy", became stained, poisoned and corrupted... Anything that becomes "popular" eventually loses its identity, it's purpose, its soul, even if Wicca was indeed "created" with more sinister purpose.
When overused, words, symbols, songs, scents, lose their meaning, they become mundane, become just mud on the sole of a shoe!

It's like tattooing nordic runes, or the Ahnk, etc., because little Timmy went to Coachella and it was the most amazing thing, and he had to get that tattoo to remember that trip... What the hell does he know about that particular symbol? Not much, and some of us see those guys with that tattoo and we actually roll our eyes at the sight of that, but that sacred symbol, or that rune, Timmy doesn't care, doesn't give a damn about it's magic purpose, it's trendy, everyone is doing it, and to Timmy that was just the eternal memory of getting wasted at Coachella...
Everything looses it's essence...

I believe, for instance, that it's currently still trendy and totally "wiked" being pagan, because Hekate, Taranis, or Thor, totally spoke to me that one time i fell on the bathroom wasted with my dick out of the trousers.
Reading some stuff in places like reddit will give you a pretty good idea!
The fake positivity and those super positive experiences, are sometimes disturbing, because that Anubis fellow totally helped Susy and guided the soul of Bob her beloved Labrador to the afterlife, all she had to do was pray to him for 2 mins, and he totally listened.

There is a crisis I believe, a crisis of purpose... That lack of purpose, and essentially lack of adversity, having everything handed to you, by society or whatever, creates mindless husks searching for effortless instant meaning and enlightenment.

Yeah,I get the rock thing, because placing them in my windowsill will unlock their magical powers, and make me find the love of my life, right? But then again, don't people use little sticks to draw imaginary circles, don't they use metal tools used to cut bread and fruit as a magic implement? Pretty goofy ain't it? How can a piece of wood be magical? Or a piece of metal?
Then again some of those rocks are key components in electronics, essencial for maintaining certain functions because they vibrate at certains frequencies...

I think, that essencially anything can have power, anything can have purpose or meaning, because it depends, on the person, on what one does, on the "ritual"... because it's all in our head!

Last edited:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Popularity deteriorates every damned thing.
That's why occultist traditions and practices should be in fact occult. As in, not being mentioned in platforms that are made for creating trends and viral content, not being told out loud for everyone to listen. Then it gets lame, full of idiots, banal and superficial, and everyone starts complaining about it.
This is starting to happen with Goetia. Soon enough their retardation is going to infect even the most unforgiving and dense Daemon's egregore. The collective's power to dumb things down is unmatched.
Agreed!

One wonders what the effect will be when "anti-cosmic satanism" becomes trendy. Like trying to commit seppuku with an al dente noodle.

Butterfly Affect

Neophyte
Reaction score
What does it really mean if an occultist tradition gets popular though? If some type of magickal practice becomes "watered down" through popularity it probably wasn't that powerful in the first place. Everything "esoteric" eventually reaches mainstream at one point in time, and it's not even like wicca was the first to become trendy.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
What does it really mean if an occultist tradition gets popular though? If some type of magickal practice becomes "watered down" through popularity it probably wasn't that powerful in the first place. Everything "esoteric" eventually reaches mainstream at one point in time, and it's not even like wicca was the first to become trendy.
A comparison with the martial arts might be useful. A guy who trained a handful of students who lived with him as de facto servant/retainers as well as students, and who trained them 6 hours a day or more probably turned out pretty skilled martial artists. Fast forward to Bodacious Bubba's Academy of Moo Duk Kwan Do franchise with "guaranteed black belt" programs and 16 different colors of belts (promotion in three months guaranteed!). One rightly has doubts as to McDojo's quality. I seriously doubt the guy at the tradition's well-spring "wasn't that powerful to begin with." One could draw a similar analogy between Rome at the time of, say, Trajan and the Rome of Romulus Augustus (the last Western Emperor.)
The vigor of youth can scarcely be criticized for eventual senescence of a tradition.

Butterfly Affect

Neophyte
Reaction score
A comparison with the martial arts might be useful. A guy who trained a handful of students who lived with him as de facto servant/retainers as well as students, and who trained them 6 hours a day or more probably turned out pretty skilled martial artists. Fast forward to Bodacious Bubba's Academy of Moo Duk Kwan Do franchise with "guaranteed black belt" programs and 16 different colors of belts (promotion in three months guaranteed!). One rightly has doubts as to McDojo's quality. I seriously doubt the guy at the tradition's well-spring "wasn't that powerful to begin with." One could draw a similar analogy between Rome at the time of, say, Trajan and the Rome of Romulus Augustus (the last Western Emperor.)
The vigor of youth can scarcely be criticized for eventual senescence of a tradition.
Yes but the original dojo still exists, it was never fully replaced. Likewise the original traditions exist and they'll never be ruined because a more palatable mainstream practice appears. Cheap knock offs appear all the time, it's never been new.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Yes but the original dojo still exists, it was never fully replaced. Likewise the original traditions exist and they'll never be ruined because a more palatable mainstream practice appears. Cheap knock offs appear all the time, it's never been new.
Still exists? Traditions die out all the time. Or (one hopes) go underground. That does not change the fact that popularizing a skill often debases it. Not always. The skilled use of firearms use seems to have flourished in recent decades. I suppose the key factor is probably the motives of the masters. When it comes to magick, the bag is mixed indeed. Which might be a weed-out test in itself: how to spot a mage worth following.

JGVDRG

Apprentice
Reaction score
Egregores, collective conscious, noosphere, these are all things (maybe the same thing), my friend. Occultism must be occult for many reasons. There's no such thing as a completely closed circuit in magic. If your practice become banal, you will eventually have to fall into the necessity of having faith in your specific thing rather than enforcing will. Because you will be facing interference, and lots of it.
Have you ever wondered why secret esoteric cults can reach higher levels of realization, while massive cults like mainstream religions are used as means to manage and maintain mediocrity?

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
making little spell jars is childish and silly
Vessel magic is basic and ancient.
Vessels contain and amplify power.
Vessels transmute through fermentation.

I don't personally like to bring wombs into things but womb symbolism is very very old and part of probably every culture on earth.
Extremely obvious why people might think putting a magical "seed" such as a petition into a vessel would bring forth a result.

Think also of the Holy Grail and Cerridwen's Cauldron, or even the Strega Nona folktales (like the sorcerer's apprentice but based around a magical vessel).

The vessel is as primal a magical symbol as the wand - maybe even older, though both are so old it'd be hard to prove it.

Pretty much everything is a recent fad compared to silly little spell jars.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I think, that essentially anything can have power, anything can have purpose or meaning, because it depends, on the person, on what one does, on the "ritual"... because it's all in our head!
This is why I try not to slag off any magical system. If people have taken the time to work on it, and it works for them, then it is just as effective as any other system.
Things don't have intrinsic meanings, because 'meaning' is a human thing.