• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

witchtok

Reaction score
Awards
anyone have any idea why tiktok is filled with so much occult missinfo and straight up dangerous stuff for example drawing some randome sigial at full oon on your arm
my guess is that those people are the edgy satanists kind of people but i havent looked deep enough to fully understand
anyone here have any idea why this "trendy" occultisim is so popular

Tiktok is designed to cater to instant gratification and dopamine release while the algorithm provides you with what keeps you engaged; which for most is an echo chamber filled with what you sbt to hear. The result is the promotion of special snowflake syndrome, the enabling of mental illness and an aversion to leaning critical thinking skills.
Post automatically merged:

i still want to be tho
(still working on my "good standing")

The quotations are eyebrow raising.
Why do you want to be a mason?

Last edited:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Magic is about finding connections - whether or not those connections actually exist 😁
Finding connections that do not exist? You sir have a bright career ahead as a federal prosecuting attorney!

Tiktok is designed to cater to instant gratification and dopamine release while the algorithm provides you with what keeps you engaged; which for most is an echo chamber filled with what you sbt to hear. The result is the promotion of special snowflake syndrome, the enabling of mental illness and an aversion to leaning critical thinking skills.

The quotations are eyebrow raising.
Why do you want to be a mason?
Nailed it as to Tik Tok. Now another couple nine-inch nails for its other hand and the feet.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Can we just do a wooden stake through the heart
Well...it's a little off script, but ok. First we were supposed to pierce the flank and give ol' Tiktok a sponge soaked in vinegar. At which cue Tiktok cries out, "My gawd, why have you unfriended me?"

Aeternus

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Nobody reads the warning to
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
One of the links in the article shared leads to a very scientologic yet very interesting website.

May not necessarily agree with some scientologic information it has, but for other things like Chi, it's perfect.

Thanks for sharing it

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
May not necessarily agree with some scientologic information it has, but for other things like Chi, it's perfect.
I got the book off google, but I'm glad you appreciated the random article.

Not_there

Neophyte
Reaction score
Tiktok is kinda designed to train their users and algorithm to only accept short term content, the preference for short term content is the perfect formula for misinformation because it only takes 1-3 minutes to spread false data but it takes HOURS/DAYS to do serious research about something.

Ngl, even though the platform is very much against any type of serious research I've able to find hidden jewels among the sea of witches that claim themselves to be serious about their practices, I've found:

A classic undergrad that happens to be an Hellenic politheist ✓
A doctor in philosophy that has a master's degree in occult symbolism ✓
A reconstructionist / practitioner of goêteia ✓

But generally speaking you have to be careful and look for the sources about everything when it comes to tiktok because most of the time the advice you find there can be helpful but insubstantial and even dangerous and disrespectful at worst.

Aeternus

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Tiktok is kinda designed to train their users and algorithm to only accept short term content, the preference for short term content is the perfect formula for misinformation because it only takes 1-3 minutes to spread false data but it takes HOURS/DAYS to do serious research about something.

Ngl, even though the platform is very much against any type of serious research I've able to find hidden jewels among the sea of witches that claim themselves to be serious about their practices, I've found:

A classic undergrad that happens to be an Hellenic politheist ✓
A doctor in philosophy that has a master's degree in occult symbolism ✓
A reconstructionist / practitioner of goêteia ✓

But generally speaking you have to be careful and look for the sources about everything when it comes to tiktok because most of the time the advice you find there can be helpful but insubstantial and even dangerous and disrespectful at worst.
Nice findings 😀.

I would add that some occult subjects need to be researched for years and even then you still may have missed or not aware of some of the information related to that occult subject.

You can tell me in private which masters did you find (those people with a check ✔️) and see some of their content. Tjougj I usually don't use TikTok and sometimes, trying to see content on mobile and desktop is a total pain. But, a little TikTok videos Downloader I use should do the trick.