• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Your thoughts on altered states of consciousness being 'mandatory'?

szamatlii

Neophyte
Reaction score
I don't think you have to, but I only have experience with rituals while slightly impaired. I like it. Helps me get into a trance, especially with the right background music.

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know that it's mandatory, but some folks find it useful. It's not called "spirits' by accident. Ol' Sam Houston in Texas used to call his whiskey-sipping "talking to my ancestors." Or so I have been told.
Yeah well not perhaps mandatory you are right. But it does quicken the process inside, instead of going the natural route :)

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Hunter S. Trismegistus, if I may.
Who was that? Only know of Hermes Trismegistus and Hunter S. Thompson I found by googling.
Post automatically merged:

On another note psychedelics like LSD and shrooms are pretty good for reaching Divine states. Nothing like alcohol which makes you descend. But these can be very uplifting and life enhancing experiences if taken in the right set&setting which is the most important thing before taking a psychedelic.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Who was that? Only know of Hermes Trismegistus and Hunter S. Thompson I found by googling.

On another note psychedelics like LSD and shrooms are pretty good for reaching Divine states. Nothing like alcohol which makes you descend. But these can be very uplifting and life enhancing experiences if taken in the right set&setting which is the most important thing before taking a psychedelic.
My remark was a what-if. What if Thompson had tried magick; what if Hermes has turned to gonzo grimoire-writing?

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
My remark was a what-if. What if Thompson had tried magick; what if Hermes has turned to gonzo grimoire-writing?
Ahh yeah now I got you :) Good remark.

I believe for shamans it's mandatory really to do alcohol in times to get into the 'states' where you can just interract in "Truth" with spirits, from this you feel a bad feeling if you have lied and then you puke or then it's a pure feeling meaning you survived the test. Mandatory in the sense that the spirits trust you if you do these alcohol ceremonies but if you don't the spirits distrust you.

Last edited: