• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Baneful Magick

subspeciez

Neophyte
Reaction score
What are some good primers for baneful magick?
I haven’t really felt the need until recently and I’m looking for a good place to start.

subspeciez

Neophyte
Reaction score
I decided to start with E.A. Koetting.
I’m still unsure if I need to use anything baneful, I just know that I’d rather have some knowledge on the subject if I decide it’s necessary

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Out of all those books I'd recommend Koetting but it's the same process you'd learn in the Satanic Bible. I wouldn't recommend the other books for cursing someone because they're out of date and some of the requirements for the spells are far out there. Lol

If you're more into the witchy side of things S Connolly has a good book on curses.

Curses, Hexes & Crossing: A Magician's Guide to Execration Magick
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I would recommend that if you're not into the CoS or don't want to hear about Koettings long winded story about how he cursed his ex with candle magic

Reaction score
Awards
Just because I haven't read them cover to cover doesn't mean I didn't look at them :)

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Just because I haven't read them cover to cover doesn't mean I didn't look at them :)
Why would you recommend something you haven't read, digested and tested? lol

The Book of Abrasax by Michael Cecchitelli is a good book, but I wouldn't say it's geared towards cursing. If OP is learning how to curse someone, then I think they need to learn how to crawl before they try to attempt something like running. Also, idk if you knew this but Koetting's older books are low-key ONA. They're about his insight roles. Some people might have a problem with that. I personally don't care but maybe that would be something you'd like to add to this discussion. I mean it's good to know what you're recommending. Especially with curses.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, not only from perusing the papyri. I've listened to YouTube videos on the topic in question, and cursing does come up. Same with Sword of Moses.

I've never needed to curse as far as I know. So no, haven't tested them. However, cursing a boss at on old job did make me chuckle at the idea of it. So maybe I will test them all as he is an absolute slimebag (old boss, not current one).

subspeciez

Neophyte
Reaction score
Why would you recommend something you haven't read, digested and tested? lol

The Book of Abrasax by Michael Cecchitelli is a good book, but I wouldn't say it's geared towards cursing. If OP is learning how to curse someone, then I think they need to learn how to crawl before they try to attempt something like running. Also, idk if you knew this but Koetting's older books are low-key ONA. They're about his insight roles. Some people might have a problem with that. I personally don't care but maybe that would be something you'd like to add to this discussion. I mean it's good to know what you're recommending. Especially with curses.
I had to look up ONA, I definitely don’t want to financially support that stuff. TBS I grabbed a couple Koetting books on z-lib to digest.

subspeciez

Neophyte
Reaction score
I look at it as a weapon you don’t want to use but sometimes just in the mundane world, kindness and polite words don’t always work.
While making comments about how Karma will catch up with them one day. Well I think Karma has enough on her hands,

Reaction score
Awards
I look at it as a weapon you don’t want to use but sometimes just in the mundane world, kindness and polite words don’t always work.
While making comments about how Karma will catch up with them one day. Well I think Karma has enough on her hands,
Fair point.

Reaction score
Awards
Does cursing always involve black candles, or any color appropriate to the situation, or even white candles?