• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Evocation with Bune

Reaction score
Awards
I see the circle as a protection for the magician, and about demons running free in my house, i had this talk with Adley, i told him that i wanted to evoke Bune into the triangle so he doesn’t go around running free, but then he said that even if i put Bune in the triangle, don’t you think Bune will come with lesser spirits(Who are outside the triangle) tricky situation, that is why i recommend doing it outside in the woods. I always have the triangle there, if i feel i cannot control the demon or maybe it has gone over control at the evocation stage then i have à plan B, which is to command that demon into the triangle in the name of the Most High.
This brings to mind a question.
In the Ill fated attempt to control Choronzon, why did Parson or whoever the assistant was stay in the circle while Crowley stood inside the triangle?
Doesn't 8t seem foolish or even suicidal? He could have ended up fully possessed within the Choronzon hive mind.

Adnablis

Visitor
Reaction score
My only issue with this is how do you confirm it's Bune? Having the sigil and knowing the name is only half the battle. When we do magic we effectively send out energetic signals to nearby lesser beings. The late Donald Michael Kraig calls these lesser beings "astral nasties", not even fit to be considered independent conscious spirits. These are what is attracted to you when you do magic, especially spirit work. These beings can impersonate the spirit you actually want in hopes of getting all the offerings (energy) that you would be giving to the correct spirit.

Protocols should be in place to verify the spirit that arrives.
Agreed!
You can ask the spirit, your intuition tells you after evocation perform banishing/cleansing, LBRP, or any banishing method that suits you, so lesser spirits or lingering energies won't bother you

Sincerely,

Reaction score
Awards
My evocation with Bime went like this:
I thoroughly researched Bime and associated names, images, and first hand evocation accounts. VK Jehannum has advice for Bune and Bime in the demonology section of his page.
For a week after this research, I immersed myself - I followed a BALG tutorial on prepatory immersion.
I turned a used tealight tin into a Bime talisman.
I then worked with an experienced evoker to evoke Bime.
It worked. She works. He probably works as well.
Your correspondences:
Venusian incense and wood.
Green candles.
A tealight sharpied with "Bime, grant my wish" around the tin base.
Possibly patchouli to draw into earth.

I believe due to lack of temple supplies, that was the deal, money for temple supplies and sustenance.
So, I dressed the candle thirty seconds round and round with sandalwood oil, and patchouli and frankincense for incense. Green candles.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
> Doesn't 8t seem foolish or even suicidal? He could have ended up fully possessed within the Choronzon hive mind.

Right. Obviously a lie to confuse curious newbies. These books are full of these lies.

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I think a lot of Christians simply just view demons as God's creations, and as such may be grateful to God for allowing them to achieve a successful result with a demon. I think Bune and Goetia, in general, have strong connections to the Christian paradigm, and one could argue perhaps that these angels were turned into demons, and imprisoned as punishments for their transgressions against God, however, they are (let's just say "by the grace of God") allowed to be "used" by humans to achieve certain things.

Not saying that's my own take on it, per se, just something I could possibly understand from a devout Christian's perspective.
I fully agree with this. Not just from the stand point of my own opinion, but this is congruent with Bible passages on Jesus Christ's actions.

We have the instance where he was communicating with a legion of demons, and they negotiated with him to get into pigs instead.

We also have the portion of Luke 10:19 where he gave a group of people authority over snakes, scorpions and all the power of the enemy, and one of them runs to him all excited saying that the demons obey him.

I do not see any reason why a Christian can't employ demons (provided he/she has the authority and maturity for it).

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I can see, as you say here, how people could make that connection, especially if they haven't studied history. For example, consider that King Solomon (if he really was the author, who knows) lived almost 1000 years before Christianity was a thing (the start being generally considered 1CE), and some of the demons actually pre-date the Ars Goetia, so likely much older than 900ish BC.

Of course, it doesn't have to be the Christian God, it could be the Jewish God (not the same thing, especially prior to 1CE). To me that would make it even worse. The Jewish God was not a kind God. The Old Testament God would smite someone for working with a demon. I mean, we're talking about a God that told Abraham to build an altar and sacrifice his son, sending an angel at the last second to stop him. "Just kidding, bro!".

I'm curious what the OP says here. Part of why I like being here is different perspectives. To me, tho, this is playing with fire. I've always been drawn to Ars Goetia and related writings, and I would not mix these opposites for my own safety/sanity.
I'm Christian, and the Jewish God is the God of the Christians. So King Solomon was contacting... The God of the Christians. But on another note, it doesn't matter how ancient a demon is, if you have authority over it, then your the boss!

Reaction score
Awards
Solomon's fate was his love for foreign women, seven sisters to he precise.
Looking at a dual view of full color illustrations of the ceiling and the floor of the seven sided vault.
I then got confused as to why a water triangle with cross within was bursting out of a circle. It wasn't. The "circle" is a seven headed dragon desiring to cnduome failures.

Reaction score
Awards
I'm Christian, and the Jewish God is the God of the Christians. So King Solomon was contacting... The God of the Christians. But on another note, it doesn't matter how ancient a demon is, if you have authority over it, then your the boss!
But ... If Solomon's building of the temple was an allegory for us building Solomon's temple inside ourself, it becomes much clearer.
True though the operator is boss.