• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Evocation with Bune

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. I'm not here to "bro" anyone or anything like that, but ask questions about things that are confusing to me. Playing both sides of the fence in my mind is confusing, but you should do what works for you (I mean that honestly). If it were me, and I was including God, even just in thanks, I'd probably work with angels (rather, more "positive" energy) instead of demons, just to keep the polarity the same, if you understand what I mean. More power in the same direction, rather than opposing forces. That's just how I look at it personally.

One note... I do not believe in God, Satan or demons as entities. More and more I think we're actually working with specific energies. Ritual, using specific words, settings, incense, etc, is all about putting your mind into a specific state of being. I know not all would agree with that, but for me that's where I lean. I was more questioning the point from the perspective of those that DO believe these are real entities.

When you look at the powers ascribed to the Goetia spirits you see they are mostly benign (probably using the wrong word here). Eloquence, wisdom, mental strength etc.
Benign means "gentle" and "kindly". The 1916 version of The Lesser Key of Solomon GOETIA, and the entry for Bune (or Bimé or Buné or Bim, etc) is like 1 paragraph. It's very short, with not a lot of detail, and feels incomplete. It's definitely skewed towards "this is what this demon can do for you", but light on warnings and the dangers involved mostly because the writing is expecting you took all the other precautions outlined. In this way, the demon is controlled and you are protected. That doesn't mean they're doing this out of the kindness of their black hearts, and without that control and protection in place, they wouldn't be so friendly. The fact that there are steps to follow for protection suggests some amount of danger.

I mean, Bune is a 3 headed dragon that commands legions. Are 3 headed dragons that command thousands of other demons really kind? I guess we can't really answer that question fully without knowing what he supposedly commands those legions to do. Since he's a demon Duke, I'm just gonna assume it isn't coffee run to Starbucks.

Sorry bro, I don’t like dogmatic nonsense, you Can always just disprove me bro
Ya, I get that. I don't claim to know "the one true way", but to me this is like mixing oil and water. To others, maybe it isn't, but I certainly can't wrap my head around it. More importantly, it gets people talking and introduces people on the forum to different view points.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I come from a muslim backround, i believe that demons never were angels, they were always demons/djinns. Since the they were cast down, not all of them are evil, some still believe in God, and other "shaayatens" believe in Iblis/Lucifer.
I'll admit straight up that I have less knowledge of Muslim beliefs, but it's definitely something I want to learn about.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. I'm not here to "bro" anyone or anything like that, but ask questions about things that are confusing to me. Playing both sides of the fence in my mind is confusing, but you should do what works for you (I mean that honestly). If it were me, and I was including God, even just in thanks, I'd probably work with angels (rather, more "positive" energy) instead of demons, just to keep the polarity the same, if you understand what I mean. More power in the same direction, rather than opposing forces. That's just how I look at it personally.

One note... I do not believe in God, Satan or demons as entities. More and more I think we're actually working with specific energies. Ritual, using specific words, settings, incense, etc, is all about putting your mind into a specific state of being. I know not all would agree with that, but for me that's where I lean. I was more questioning the point from the perspective of those that DO believe these are real entities.

Benign means "gentle" and "kindly". The 1916 version of The Lesser Key of Solomon GOETIA, and the entry for Bune (or Bimé or Buné or Bim, etc) is like 1 paragraph. It's very short, with not a lot of detail, and feels incomplete. It's definitely skewed towards "this is what this demon can do for you", but light on warnings and the dangers involved mostly because the writing is expecting you took all the other precautions outlined. In this way, the demon is controlled and you are protected. That doesn't mean they're doing this out of the kindness of their black hearts, and without that control and protection in place, they wouldn't be so friendly. The fact that there are steps to follow for protection suggests some amount of danger.

I mean, Bune is a 3 headed dragon that commands legions. Are 3 headed dragons that command thousands of other demons really kind? I guess we can't really answer that question fully without knowing what he supposedly commands those legions to do. Since he's a demon Duke, I'm just gonna assume it isn't coffee run to Starbucks.

Ya, I get that. I don't claim to know "the one true way", but to me this is like mixing oil and water. To others, maybe it isn't, but I certainly can't wrap my head around it. More importantly, it gets people talking and introduces people on the forum to different view points.
That’s a good way to see them...energies with intelligence, none the less they are not polar opposites

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Update: I played ouija with a medium(someone close who doesn't know anything about this). I wanted some information, he told me to evoke him outside, i asked him what archangel rules over friday, he said "Anael", he knew stuff i assume since he said Anael which is correct, but this time i got a bad vibe for the moment, he told me i would feel him(Bune)when he comes, he even said do it 4 at night and i checked it out ,4 at night is Venus time the time im doing it tomorrow, i think i will evoke him INSIDE this time, just for the caution.
Any thoughts/advice?

btw i got my pendulum today. I did "Yes" and "No", asked some questions just to see if someone was there, he answered my basic questions, which was nice.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Update: I played ouija with a medium(someone close who doesn't know anything about this). I wanted some information, he told me to evoke him outside, i asked him what archangel rules over friday, he said "Anael", he knew stuff i assume since he said Anael which is correct, but this time i got a bad vibe for the moment, he told me i would feel him(Bune)when he comes, he even said do it 4 at night and i checked it out ,4 at night is Venus time the time im doing it tomorrow, i think i will evoke him INSIDE this time, just for the caution.
Any thoughts/advice?

btw i got my pendulum today. I did "Yes" and "No", asked some questions just to see if someone was there, he answered my basic questions, which was nice.
I don't really have any advice. I've almost always done this type of thing inside, but usually it's for practical reasons rather than ritualistic reasons.

Very cool on the pendulum.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
I don't really have any advice. I've almost always done this type of thing inside, but usually it's for practical reasons rather than ritualistic reasons.

Very cool on the pendulum.
My bad. When i say evoke him outside or inside, i mean the triangle of art, they dont like to be in the triangle? But they have to tell the truth, and constrained inside the triangle with the holy names around it.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
But they will still have their Lesser spirits outside the triangle i assume since they don't come alone.

@TGK, what do you think?

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
The triangle of art is one of the main protections for those doing the evoking. They're not going to be happy about it. What if someone whisked you away and put you in a jail cell just so they could ask you some questions. I'd be pretty pissed off about that. However, you can't assume they would be any happier outside of the triangle and a lot of your protection is gone at that point.

Before I get accused of being "dogmatic" again, you are clearly already following a set of rules. Follow them all, at least until you have a lot of experience. I wouldn't recommend ditching one of your main lines of protection. Some of those demons are pissy bastards (much worse then me! hah).

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
But they will still have their Lesser spirits outside the triangle i assume since they don't come alone.

@TGK, what do you think?
I’ve heard that a lot, they do not like to be constrained in the triangle, some magicians go as far as torture them. None the less I’ve heard using the traditional rules gets the best results vs modern stuff...it’s just really hard, like you mentioning needing the specialized tools.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
I’ve heard that a lot, they do not like to be constrained in the triangle, some magicians go as far as torture them. None the less I’ve heard using the traditional rules gets the best results vs modern stuff...it’s just really hard, like you mentioning needing the specialized tools.
Yes agreed, i will have the triangle there but i will evoke him outside. If it gets abit out of control i can just command him into the triangle with the wand.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Performing a ritual is like programming an app. There's a lot of leeway in what you can do and there's many ways to accomplish the same task. Ultimately, there is an underlying set of rules (ie, the programming language) that you still have to follow, even tho you can accomplish the same result in a number of different ways. You can (in some programming languages) stuff 256 bytes of data in a 128 byte variable. It might even run (or compile and run, depending on if you're using a script language or something like C++), but it will eventually lead to disaster. Anyone here ever had to troubleshoot buffer overflows?

Rituals are the same way. There's as lot of leeway, personal interpretation, etc, but there's still a set of rules meant to keep the practitioner safe. In some cases you can decide to skip some things. Maybe you end up with a nasty attachment, maybe not. Maybe that demon, entity, whatever, sees an opening because you're not using protection and ends up using YOU instead. This isn't Harry Potter. You can't wave a wand to fix everything.

Anyways, I'll stop watching this thread because it's just pointless to waste time on it, but wanted to put forth this one last thought. Honestly, I don't know you, and I don't really care if it ends up blowing up in your face, but I try to be a good community member. If you were playing Russian roulette with a gun, I'd try to talk you out of it. This is sort of the same thing. Most of the time you pull that trigger you'll be fine. But there's still that one bullet... Be safe. If I'm an asshole for suggesting safety, I'll gladly accept that award.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Performing a ritual is like programming an app. There's a lot of leeway in what you can do and there's many ways to accomplish the same task. Ultimately, there is an underlying set of rules (ie, the programming language) that you still have to follow, even tho you can accomplish the same result in a number of different ways. You can (in some programming languages) stuff 256 bytes of data in a 128 byte variable. It might even run (or compile and run, depending on if you're using a script language or something like C++), but it will eventually lead to disaster. Anyone here ever had to troubleshoot buffer overflows?

Rituals are the same way. There's as lot of leeway, personal interpretation, etc, but there's still a set of rules meant to keep the practitioner safe. In some cases you can decide to skip some things. Maybe you end up with a nasty attachment, maybe not. Maybe that demon, entity, whatever, sees an opening because you're not using protection and ends up using YOU instead. This isn't Harry Potter. You can't wave a wand to fix everything.

Anyways, I'll stop watching this thread because it's just pointless to waste time on it, but wanted to put forth this one last thought. Honestly, I don't know you, and I don't really care if it ends up blowing up in your face, but I try to be a good community member. If you were playing Russian roulette with a gun, I'd try to talk you out of it. This is sort of the same thing. Most of the time you pull that trigger you'll be fine. But there's still that one bullet... Be safe. If I'm an asshole for suggesting safety, I'll gladly accept that award.
We get it, you’re an expert and a bad ass, bye

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
True that about the protection part
But you can use the wand if it gets out of control. The sword is to show force when conjuring, and wand when i want to command the spirit.
Why is this thread pointless and time wasting? I just want to share my experiences with you all, and you all can give me advice or ask questions.
You are not an ahole for suggesting safety.
And please no fighting in here ty:)

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Why is this thread pointless and time wasting? I just want to share my experiences with you all, and you all can give me advice or ask questions.
You are not an ahole for suggesting safety.
And please no fighting in here ty:)
You are right, no reason for fighting and I also hijacked your thread with my pissiness. Sorry, William.

I am definitely interested in hearing your results. It's difficult to find someone who is actually willing to do a ritual. Everyone's a book (collector) expert. :)

Goetic Evocation by Steve Savedow may be of interest to you. It's one of the few books that has detailed write ups of the authors experiences. He goes into a lot of detail, including actual measurements of the room used, what the circle was constructed from and its dimensions, what incense was used, etc. In a strange bit of synchronicity, the authors experiments were with Bim (AKA Bune AKA Buné AKA Bimé), and he does record a response on a few attempts.

If you're interested, archive.org has a copy of the book here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

There are links on that page to download the book in different formats (epub, pdf, etc). The authors experiments start on page 133.

I'd also recommend the first book in that series, The Magicians Workbook. These 2 books are awesome.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
But you can use the wand if it gets out of control. The sword is to show force when conjuring, and wand when i want to command the spirit.
Do you use a cup and a shield as well?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Haha no i don't. This was funny. :)
It wasn't meant as a joke haha. Those are the 4 typical instruments for ritual magick. Sword, Wand, Cup, Shield.