• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Killing with magick, always wrong or necessary sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I am seriously starting to fear people who can actually kill with magick. Do you have protections on you or something like that?
Why ask me? Did you hear someone is gunning for me?

Seriously, yes. Something ridiculously simple. Does it work? Protections are of such nature that we really only know when they don't work, by which point the matter is moot.
Post automatically merged:

I am seriously starting to fear people who can actually kill with magick. Do you have protections on you or something like that?
At least them the honor of knowing they did not kill a cringer or a whinger.

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Why ask me? Did you hear someone is gunning for me?

Seriously, yes. Something ridiculously simple. Does it work? Protections are of such nature that we really only know when they don't work, by which point the matter is moot.
Post automatically merged:

At least them the honor of knowing they did not kill a cringer or a whinger.
No no ones gunning you sorry. I just wanted to know what experienced practioners do to defend themselves. Do you also fear people who can kill with magick? Personally as a newbie with little to no protection, my answer is yes.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Not Afraid Reaction GIF by CBC

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I am glad this forum oppposes killing with magick.. I am starting to hate BALG and want to leave permanently. All this talk about killing for petty reasons is making me so mad, why go to the point of killing? Just live and let live
Please read the rules:

"Do not post about other forums or marketplaces (see rule 6). Do not post for the express purpose of advertising other websites. If you are posting a link to another website, be sure that it follows all the rules below, while ALSO being of significant value to the discussion at hand."

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
No no ones gunning you sorry. I just wanted to know what experienced practioners do to defend themselves. Do you also fear people who can kill with magick? Personally as a newbie with little to no protection, my answer is yes.
I don't know that I have actually met anyone in the flesh who can do that. If so, I doubt I've pissed them off enough to come after me. Mostly I am hated by highly mundane menschen. (Lower-case "m" is deliberate.)

Doorman

New Age Mage
Benefactor
Reaction score
Now this reminded me of a passage from Alan Chapman, which I found pretty funny
"If anyone ever tells you they're under magical attack, punch them in the face. You can always tell them Eldrid the Bastard Warlock made you do it. You see, short of a demon harassing your un-mentionables, how can you tell? How can you claim stubbing your toe was a synchronicity caused by the Black Lodge of the Hairy Pit, when no cause can be apparent? The fact of the matter is, you can be magically attacked, but you might as well as ignore anything you think is the result of a curse, because you can never be sure."

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This just came into my mind while I was doing number 2. Magick cannot kill you. Yes It can cause curses and hexes but it won't kill you. Magick is Energy. Therefore, Energy cannot be destroyed. Meaning that Energy was not meant to destroy.

Reaction score
Awards
This has always struck me as a weird discussion. Killing is killing. Why would being able to get away with it because the courts don’t believe in magic change anything. If it’s right it’s right. If it’s wrong it’s wrong. The method used is really just a matter of logistics.

-Eld

Shaman

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I just asked my spirits if I got protections on me, they answered with strong yes'. So I got nothing to fear, but it's horrifying to know there's people out there who kill with magick.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Honesty, morality aside, my thoughts are that the only way one can succeed in killing with magic is if they had the will to kill regardless of the method. The sort of resolve to pick up a gun with your own hands and do the killing yourself is necessary for such sort of magic to actually work. Well either that or the mentality that human life carries no weight, where killing is no different from throwing away an old newspaper or stepping on an ant.

The edgelords that claim to have killed with magic don't have that sort of resolve or mentality, and are almost certainly either larping or completely out of their fucking gourds.

I am glad this forum oppposes killing with magick.. I am starting to hate BALG and want to leave permanently. All this talk about killing for petty reasons is making me so mad, why go to the point of killing? Just live and let live
I dipped ages ago from there ever since Eva left. Used to be a lot better than it became.

Parallax

Neophyte
Reaction score
This just came into my mind while I was doing number 2. Magick cannot kill you. Yes It can cause curses and hexes but it won't kill you. Magick is Energy. Therefore, Energy cannot be destroyed. Meaning that Energy was not meant to destroy.
Energy cannot be destroyed only transformed. Hit a “living” thing with enough energy and it will be transformed into a “dead” thing.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

I don't mean to be rude but this a muppet idea that displays a severe lack of experience, and a dangerous idea at that.
All astral forces fall under the law of Polarity, and there are plenty of negative and toxic forces which would be more than happy to turn you into a corpse if given the opportunity.

- A sincere warning from someone who nearly killed themselves through a reckless healing operation.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
To think we were mostly doubtful whether it's possible to shut up some random drunk my magic...

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Tell that to them what was at ground zero in Hiroshima.

Reminds me of the old line much beloved of prison guards, drill sergeants, football coaches, and ex-wives: "I can't kill you, but I can sure as Satan's flaming-sapphire s*** make you wish you was dead!" Heraclitus more elegantly concurs: nature's great pleasure is to bring entities to be, then cause their dissolution. I'm guessing the vast majority of us in this forum are antsy about that dissolution, what gets called death. From an exalted point of view, magick might not kill. From a less aetherial one, it can put one hell of a crimp in one's plans and visit all the horrors of annihilation.

JGVDRG

Neophyte
Reaction score
is killing with magick totally wrong at all times or necessary for certain cases?
IMO, it is necessary for a lot of cases. A lot.
But incarnation is a business we don't exactly grasp at it's origin, as incarnated beings. We are the merchandise, the subordinates, kind of. So, if a magician aptly kills with magick, that was probably arranged by subtler realms, and not by the direct magician's will. If not by that mean, other means would fulfill the deed anyway.
If that worked by individual will only, the Earth would be seriously underpopulated. Free murder without jail? Power over people's lives? "If you bother me I will plague your existence with 1000 deadly diseases."?? We're talking some serious YHVH level sh*t right here.

Aeternus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I would use my skills in Magick to kill only if necessary (self-defence) or war situation.

But honestly, better have the Higher Ones answer my requests rather than engaging in it myself. It is best to do such so I won't be tied to someone's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.