• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
A literary motif has the Devil losing a soul because of the precise wording of the pact but if you want to know what is really going on, always read between the lines.

A classic pact is split into definite parts: 1. The sorcerer wishes for an outcome that cannot be achieved through "natural" means. 2. The Devil can bring about this outcome. 3. The sorcerer offers that their soul will join the Devil upon death.

There are some key themes here. Although what the sorcerer asks for has some variation (magical power and revenge in older witchcraft trials, knowledge in Faust, immortality and beauty in Dorian Gray) the consistent thing is of a Self that has the power to fulfil its desires. In other words, the common theme is self-empowerment rather than self-denial. The Devil is seen as approving of this decision in favour of desire and will lend his strength to it. Time is also a factor. Empowerment happens in the immediate term and, later, the soul joins the Devil. However, this may not be a case of "party now, pay for it later" but joining the Devil later is an extension of fulfilling desire here and now. There's a reason that sorcerers in Eastern Europe were thought to become vampires after they died; the "party" doesn't stop, it just becomes ever more intense.

This all amounts to one thing; a pact is not about spirits, it is about You. The Devil is not the provider but the overseer of a deal between yourself and your Future Self. That Future Self comes into being through the fulfilment of desire. This is an echo of a much older idea:

I know that I hung on a windy tree
nine long nights,
wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin,
myself to myself,
on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run
~ Odin, Hávamál

Reaction score
Pacts with spirits don't need to be inherently different from agreements made with humans. Talk to the spirit through whatever means you normally work with the spirit, set your terms and then you have a pact. You do not need to evoke the spirit to full appearance (and generally evoking deities to full appearance is a bad idea) to create a pact, this is what we use divination for. If the spirit doesn't fulfill their end of the pact don't pay them and if they do pay them what you said you would. In terms of what you offer that's between you and the spirit but generally demons like incense and alcohol and most deities tend to have wide info on what kind of offerings they prefer. As with most business arrangements under-promise and over-deliver. Don't offer something you don't know you can pay, don't offer something stupid etc.

When in doubt, I take the Titus Pullo approach to bargaining with spirits:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
It is important that you know which entity you are addressing to and that they are not impostor entities, as, it is well known that especially dark entities like to masquerade as benevolent entities, only to trick the one who wants to realize the pact.

Personally, most spirits offer various guidance for us, people to work and improve our lives (if they really are benevolent, that is).

After all, in my opinion, magic is both spiritual and implies action.

Like, for example (though it does not imply pacts), you know the properties of the elements, but you need to meditate on them / absorb (replicate) their energy into your astral body (aura). Otherwise, you can't obtain their powers, same as just reading the title of a book... you won't obtain ideas just by reading the title and not the whole contents of it.

Back to the pacts, if you really want to do them, you need to establish a commitment with the Spirit you intend to summon and also, make sure that it is something you can pay, it won't damage your future version of yourself, and it can give at least the average of the desired outcomes of the pact.

What I can suggest is that you should not expect unrealistic results, such as in the case where you make a pact (agreement) for money, and expect to become a billionaire just like Bill Gates. It doesn't work like that, not even in the highest of the elite of occult circles.

Even if you established an agreement, you just need to know that you opened half of your gate to success. You also have to act based on the guidance and power you received from the spirit that you summoned, so you can quantify that success into the physical world.
Post automatically merged:

Again, adding to my post I pressed enter before finishing, basically, wishing for big things to happen in a quick way, isn't a good idea.

Why? Because the energy, either inserted in the pact or by directly evoking it through desire / wishing, will ultimately choose the way of least resistance.

You can wish, for example, to find the love of your life now, but you may end breaking a friendship your love (or potential love interest) had. So, you need to clearly state, in case of love, that you find the love of your life single, waiting for you, for example.

Same goes with money. If you wish for quick money (or a quick buck ;) ) you may end getting money from either a sad cause, such as a heir from someone who died, or by immoral means.

If the pact is made for money, you also need to further state that you get money in a moral and safe way for you, like getting your position at the company you are working at or getting a pay rise.

Last edited:

Nocturnum

Neophyte
Reaction score
I didn't know you had to meditate on the elements and absorb them into your aura to be able to use the in rituals, that makes sense though.
I was curious about people that didn't know about their past lives, or that they practiced witchcraft and made a pact with spirits, entities or demons and it affects their current life.
I'm not like other people that expect to get exactly what they want very easily, without any challenge, effort from them it doesn't work like that. Some people wouldn't show respect, appreciation to whoever/whatever they create a pact with, people are disrespectful, spiritual narcissists.
I'm not like other people that are expecting to get rich quickly, that's not why I want to study, practice and research witchcraft or working with Deities.
A pact, oath, vow is sacred and should be treated with respect.

It would make sense to apply a certain amount of time, for my energy, intention, will to be aligned with the purpose of a pact, it can happen gradually and progress over time. I'm just inexperienced, I need to read about the Egregores, to discern the difference between a genuine Deity, a trickster and a Egregore.

Aeternus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Good luck on having a personal research on Genuine Deities, tricksters and Egregores. It is important to learn the difference between those three as to not be deceived.

I don't know if some people really know about their past lives. Honestly that is a thing of the Akashic records which are hard to access for the untrained spiritual individual. Some people do know about this or feel an innate past influence about having made a pact with spirits, but, honestly, such cases are very rare, for an individual to be aware of their past lives and the pacts they have made in them.

And, in some communities, most people also tend to be deceived by Egregores / Servants sent by other sorcerers specifically with the purpose to deceive.

Some people, that are deceived, will, for example, pop-up the claim that they have found in a simple dream they had that they were witches or warlocks and made a pact with Zalmoxes, or with Innana, or with Aphrodite or (insert name of Entity here). This is ultimate delusion as especially if you don't receive enough communication signs from the specific entity, like certain symbols and numbers., a simple dream won't really tell you a message in 80% of the case, not to say 90% already.

So, the idea is that those who wish to study if they did a pact in the past lives they had have to train their mind a lot to access the akhashic records and also to make difference between illusions and reality.