• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

My forte

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, but I'm wondering how you can tell the difference from initial contact. If you've never encountered the real thing, how do you know the fake from the real? How do you eliminate any doubt before it even begins? That is what I'm wondering. Perhaps I missed it, and if so, apologies.

For this I would argue that in GT you're not asking for any random love spirit. You would already know the specific spirit you wish to call and would most likely have already gone through the preliminaries to prepare the ritual chamber/space as such. So you wouldn't be walking down the street and asking for a date. Or actually, if you were, it's because you knew the specific person you were crushing on was out on this street today and you went to find them to ask them out. And, if you did not know which spirit you wanted to call, you would evaluate your needs/wants and break out the grimoires and/or spirit catalogs to find one.

I do, however, like the "let the spirits come to me" approach you utilize. I use it with "post-named" spirits; that is to say spirits who's name I don't know until after the ritual begins and contact is established, such as Genius Loci, nature spirits like goblins or even Elementals.
As I have already stated, my method is initial. I do not need time or repeated exposures to read the makeup of a spirit. My methods are not for other people to mimic, as though they can do what I do. If I were to teach, that would require time working with a specific practitioner to understand where they are at and how to best help. If Loki came to me claiming to be Zeus, and I having never met either, I do not expect the trickery would work. A momentary glance at the assumed form would be enough to read that it is a disguise, that it is loki, and that it is no heavenly or weather based deity. If other people cannot do this, I'm sorry, but you asked how it would go for me.

There is no technique beyond a cold read. I see the essence, I see its configuration, and I know what I am dealing with. If you are not getting the answer you're looking for, try asking a different question.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
As I have already stated, my method is initial. I do not need time or repeated exposures to read the makeup of a spirit. My methods are not for other people to mimic, as though they can do what I do. If I were to teach, that would require time working with a specific practitioner to understand where they are at and how to best help. If Loki came to me claiming to be Zeus, and I having never met either, I do not expect the trickery would work. A momentary glance at the assumed form would be enough to read that it is a disguise, that it is loki, and that it is no heavenly or weather based deity. If other people cannot do this, I'm sorry, but you asked how it would go for me.

There is no technique beyond a cold read. I see the essence, I see its configuration, and I know what I am dealing with. If you are not getting the answer you're looking for, try asking a different question.
No, I think I understand what it all is now. Thank you.

Reaction score
Awards
Since the topic has been adequately raised, I will also go into my study of spirit types and their formations/behavior. This seems relevant, since the example given was a "spirit of love and passion."

First off, I am not in any position to say that a type of spirit "EXISTS" or "DOES NOT EXIST." I will make no such claims. That being said, there are many types I have had significant interaction with, though the individuals differ widely within the type, based on their attributes and behavior. And I will say I've never met any spirit characterized by love and passion, in a romantic or sexual context. I have encountered several that make claims about their aphrodisiac properties or romantic prowess, but these have always been claims (unsubstantiated).

What I have met is Elementals. I find that the four basic alignments tie in rather nicely to the four essences I have described. Very "Earthy" spirits, as you might encounter in the mountains, in a cave, or in deep woods, are generally very strongly tied to Physical essence. That does not mean they had physical bodies, as in most cases they had nothing immediately recognizable as their own personal body. But they drew much strength from the physical environment and its natural inhabitants, along with a sense of stability and safety (for them, not for me or my companions). They felt "rooted," in the sense of not going anywhere or doing much of anything. Some of these are more animalistic, or more plant-like, but that is more in their Sensual appearance rather than any reflection on their personality or abilities.

Those I have identified as "Water" spirits, I almost always find by a stream or river. Running water seems to appeal to them, but slower current makes them...dangerous. I think they don't like being trapped, or don't like their rest being disturbed by human presence. When going to a lake or ocean, which I have done on numerous occasions, I tend not to meet such spirits. I get a profound sense of not being alone, but I think that may have more to do with the abundant aquatic wildlife, hard to say. In terms of how they relate to Consciousness, I haven't seen a lot in common between them, except that I find Water spirits much easier to notice whether or not I'm actively looking for them. Psychic-aligned "Fire" spirits (described below) can be bright and flashy in a way, but generally not noticeable until they take on that aspect. Water spirits on the other hand, being so innately tied to Sensual essence, draw the senses.

The above-described "Fire" spirits are mercurial, often hostile, but they are my "type." I have an easier time speaking their language, and fighting their style of battle, than I do the other types. I don't always find them near sources of open flame, but their presence is felt in heatwaves and noonday sun, and in the dark of night (assuming they are close and particularly active). As they are psychic-aligned, I also commonly find them when exploring the Psychic Realm. In that, they like to masquerade as characters derived from my imagination or memory, or the minds of those they are closest to. I suspect a lot of why they may avoid me at fires is because the fire is not very large, and I am the dominant presence there. While I spend much of my physical and conscious life acting somewhat calm/subdued, my mind state is far more assertive and territorial. There is also the matter of Motion as a key attribute of Psychic essence; perhaps they just don't stick around long enough to spot.

"Air" spirits are a tricky subject, even for me. They exist on a higher, more remote scale, and their behaviors are chaotic even to my sensibilities. Fire energies leap, crack, and crawl. Water energies surge and ebb, flowing to a physical and sensual "gravity." But Air energies are...loose. Free. In a way I envy. While Fire energy makes me driven until I burn out, Air energy makes such spirits prone to wander, to drift aimlessly or with fickle interest. It takes the intense "heat" of my type, and the deep "cool" of Water energies, to stir them in a more powerful way. But that only makes them harder to control, harder to predict. This so-called freedom is not always to their advantage. I have spoken with more than a few who find their innately wandering nature a problem, one that makes it challenging to dedicate themselves to an important activity for long enough. I also find that their presence makes Fire energies more out-of-control, at the cost of weakening the Air energies. We are not good bedfellows.

Reaction score
Awards
But there is more to it than elements. I present to you, the breakdown of spirits as I currently understand it. This is an incomplete picture, which I am working on improving daily (not that the post will be edited to reflect this; I'll make other posts in the future).

Of primary interest to modern humans, we have the "Young Spirits." Distinct from "The Young Folk," who are an entirely different matter. Young spirits, or new spirits, are called this because they haven't been around the proverbial block very much. Before their recent incarnation or manifestation, they were subconscious eddies in a very big world. Perhaps they are born from unthinking fragments of many spirits that have been destroyed and scattered. This I cannot confirm. Today, you will primarily see these as Humans (not all humans), as some Animals, and in the creations of more unorthodox spiritualists. Egregores, for example.

Beyond the Young Spirits, we have the newest of the "Old Souls." These are reincarnated, having been humans, animals, or something like an Egregore in the distant past (according to the current, human understanding of time). Having lived a few times, they tend to take up positions of guardianship or mentorship, helping out the younger "generations." They are also driven to malice quite easily, as their memory of growing old multiple times (or being killed too early) wears on their patience for naïve, ignorant folk.

Occurring at about the same time chronologically, we have the youngest strain of minor Elementals, Tricksters, and Hungry Ghosts. Each of these terms will get a better explanation down the line, but know that this strain of them are not as ancient as the ones before, and generally not as powerful. Still quite dangerous if so driven.

Beyond all of these, we have the middle generations of ancient spirits. They walked the earth at a time when the human race was young, hardly established in any civilized way, and often saw them as tiny, insignificant animals. I distinguish between these as Hard Lights, Tricksters, and Accusers. The bulk of them were what I call Tricksters, spirits as old as the "Gods" you think of today, like the Greek and Norse pantheons. Many of them have stories predating any surviving written record. I call them Tricksters because their interactions with each other and with "lesser" beings were often in the context of a sick game. Always manipulating and putting up false fronts to create a reality the others had to live by. In a way that makes human machinations look simple, by comparison. In fact, many Tricksters would later be called "gods" by humans in some capacity, and described in all manner of ways that varied widely in accuracy.

The ones I call Hard Lights, I have no proper name for. The Christians and Kabbalists among you would likely think of them as Angels, or as the hand of God himself. The Zoroastrians referred to them as Amesha Spentas or Yazatas. I am certain of only this, because they are not prone to teach. What I have seen them doing is bluntly overpowering a well-meaning soul without warning, often causing great damage, to use that vessel as a way to help directly. I have also encountered one or two in passing, and been mildly harmed by the encounter, even though we were just walking by each other. And yes, I mean physically harmed. I have only seen two kinds of creature that can do that, aside from physical animals. Do not worship the Hard Lights, do not call on the Hard Lights, do not challenge or insult the Hard Lights. Steer clear of them at all costs. If you learn nothing else from me, learn that.

The ones I call Consumers, Hungry Ghosts, or Accusers may not even be a class of spirit in their own right. I characterize them by hunger for the good reason that it is all that remains. They are shadows, infinitely dark and void of substance or purpose. They act not with physicality, sensuality, mentality, or vitality, but with a hollow and sorrowful concavity that bends the light of reality itself. All essences respond to the presence and actions of a Hungry Ghost, but not because the Hungry Ghosts are controlling any of them. You have to be alive to do that, and I don't think these consumers are. They lost all vitality through some deep misfortune or wickedness, and all that remains is the desire to feed themselves, likely in hopes of regaining what they have lost. Ask me sometime about them. I have many stories.

Reaction score
Awards
Before even that generation, there were the Elementals, the great ones. All who were not actively an Elemental spirit in their own right, either served them or ruled them.

The Elementals themselves can be most easily classed into four elements, but not all human cultures agree on what the elements are, or what number of them exist. In some Hindu doctrine, divine activity is classified in a three-part moral structure of Creation, Sustenance, and Destruction. In some form, that is how Elementals behaved. They lorded tremendous power over the common spirits, and wiped out entire physical species without a thought. They were so great and terrible, it was they who governed the laws of reality, of physics, time, and space. The period I refer to cannot be referenced in the common human structure, because it "does not exist." That history occupies a bubble of reality now isolated from all that is, partly to protect those of us who remain. Earth buried all. Water flooded the world. Fire consumed everything it touched. Air was beyond reproach, beyond punishment. It is well for all living things that those powers have been contained. Much as I miss them.

The servile creatures had many hundreds, thousands, perhaps millions of general distinctions. My memory of them is poor, and for unfortunate reasons. But that was a time before anything you could call "human" would be recognized. These were primal spirits, more akin to beasts and innate emotion than to any person. And only one power in existence could quell them.

The Governors. The Existence that pervades and persists. I remember them as three people, but even that memory is deeply symbolic. The way I remember them, there was a maternal, religious governor; a paternal, materialistic governor; and a spiritual governor whose nature escapes binary confines of human description. To call them non-binary is only approaching the subject, and then only barely. Likely, there was more than one member of each of these three classes, but I know not. What they even were defies my ability to tell you, since I only know what they did. They selected powerful, wrathful spirits that were aggressive to others, and shaped them. The material governors taught them discipline and how to control their abilities. The religious governors taught them ideas, principles, morals. What exactly the spiritual governors did escapes me, but I believe they were the only way the other two could hold any semblance of control. There are deep laws that have been wrought and rewrought over countless eons, many of which to control Elementals. To hide them. And I think the root of that vine is that third class of Governor.

I'll give these new posts time to sit. After we've talked some more, I'll share other information.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Since the topic has been adequately raised, I will also go into my study of spirit types and their formations/behavior. This seems relevant, since the example given was a "spirit of love and passion."

First off, I am not in any position to say that a type of spirit "EXISTS" or "DOES NOT EXIST." I will make no such claims. That being said, there are many types I have had significant interaction with, though the individuals differ widely within the type, based on their attributes and behavior. And I will say I've never met any spirit characterized by love and passion, in a romantic or sexual context. I have encountered several that make claims about their aphrodisiac properties or romantic prowess, but these have always been claims (unsubstantiated).
My example of using a spirit of love or passion was just that, an example. You're taking it and running with it for some reason. If you've interacted with Fire or Water Elementals, as you've claimed, then you've interacted with spirits who have sway over love or passion. However, it's likely that you have not consciously interacted with love or passion spirits because you have not sought them out. While not outright saying it by covering yourself with the "first off I am not in a position to say a spirit exists or does not exist" statement, it does seem you are slowly trying to get to that point. So with that said; are you denying that Venusian spirits have governance in matters of love and the heart? What about angels of love? Surely you know about Anael of Venus or Rahmiel or Salbabiel? I would urge you to seek these spirits out. Not for matters of love, but to learn from them and receive wisdom.

Aside from that, it seems you are leaving out quite the denizen of spirit classes in your work. I can't say for sure but it seems that you are just not aware of them. Or if you are, you left them out on purpose from some reason. So I ask you, what of Aerial Spirits? What of the Genius Loci? What of Spherical Spirits? What of the Olympic Spirits who are not equated with the angels of the same planets? What of plant spirits such as Mandrake or Belladonna? And of nature spirits such as the Fey/Fae or Goblins? In Shamanism (I am initiated into a reconstructionist neo-shamanic system) we have Totem and Power spirits. What of them? Hell, I'll even thrown in the Ascended Masters of Theosophy that the New Age co-opted. What of them? Have you never interacted with any of those classes?

Reaction score
Awards
You may be misreading my intentions. Your example reminded me that I should write about my experience with and knowledge of different classes of spirits. Not sure what you mean by running with it.

While I would agree that most elementals have influence over emotion, especially Water and Fire, that is a far cry from what is refer to as a spirit of passion. They are not comprised of passion, and do not rule over it. At least not the ones I've met. I have not met passion spirits, but I have gone looking. Don't presume things about me and use the presumption to form your opinions.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You may be misreading my intentions. Your example reminded me that I should write about my experience with and knowledge of different classes of spirits. Not sure what you mean by running with it.

While I would agree that most elementals have influence over emotion, especially Water and Fire, that is a far cry from what is refer to as a spirit of passion. They are not comprised of passion, and do not rule over it. At least not the ones I've met. I have not met passion spirits, but I have gone looking. Don't presume things about me and use the presumption to form your opinions.
It may be that I am misreading your intentions, but I am definitely not presuming. I am simply going off of what you said and asking questions to clarify. As for Fire not being related to passion......I would urge you to revisit Elemental correspondences. Fire and passion are quite intimate with each other.

Reaction score
Awards
It may be that I am misreading your intentions, but I am definitely not presuming. I am simply going off of what you said and asking questions to clarify. As for Fire not being related to passion......I would urge you to revisit Elemental correspondences. Fire and passion are quite intimate with each other.
I did not say they aren't related. I said Fire spirits are not comprised of passion. They're comprised of essences, primarily psychic. That can include passion, yes. What I also said is that I have met spirits who make claims about their romantic ability. Usually deceivers who don't have the power they claim at all. I have met no spirits claiming to be from Venus or dedicated to the goddess, and my analysis of them has not suggested such a connection. As for angels, I have only successfully contacted one. Kind of. The being said that they were the individual I was seeking, but that the name I used was given to them by christian humans. That was about it, because the being declared now wasn't the time. I have only spoken with that being once since, and got the same result. Working on that in recent days, so I'll post about it if I find anything to report.

As to the rest of your questions, I did conclude my post with saying that there's more, but I'm waiting because I'd like to welcome discussion of the last infodump.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I did not say they aren't related. I said Fire spirits are not comprised of passion. They're comprised of essences, primarily psychic. That can include passion, yes. What I also said is that I have met spirits who make claims about their romantic ability. Usually deceivers who don't have the power they claim at all. I have met no spirits claiming to be from Venus or dedicated to the goddess, and my analysis of them has not suggested such a connection. As for angels, I have only successfully contacted one. Kind of. The being said that they were the individual I was seeking, but that the name I used was given to them by christian humans. That was about it, because the being declared now wasn't the time. I have only spoken with that being once since, and got the same result. Working on that in recent days, so I'll post about it if I find anything to report.

As to the rest of your questions, I did conclude my post with saying that there's more, but I'm waiting because I'd like to welcome discussion of the last infodump.
I disagree whole-heartedly. Please reach out to the Spherical spirits of Venus and engage in discourse with them. But yes, lets wait to see if others jump in on the discussion.

Reaction score
Awards
I disagree whole-heartedly. Please reach out to the Spherical spirits of Venus and engage in discourse with them. But yes, lets wait to see if others jump in on the discussion.
Respectfully, I don't share your perspective on fire spirits because I have extensive direct experience with them that shows otherwise. Yes, many of them are very passionate, but I've also met many that struggle to control their own emotions, to say nothing of having power over anyone else's. I have also met earth and air spirits who have been just as intense as fire spirits, just as prone to euphoric joy or burning rage.

I've also dealt with multiple water and air spirits claiming to have power over love and sex specifically. Problem is, they were not love spirits at all. The water ones mostly wanted to feed off of angst and enjoy the sensory experience of a soul crying out for love. The air ones were either having a lark, in some cases, or trying to be controlling because real passion scares them. I'm not saying any of that is true for all spirits, or even all water or air spirits. I don't believe that. But I've met several where this was the case, and none who had real power.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Respectfully, I don't share your perspective on fire spirits because I have extensive direct experience with them that shows otherwise. Yes, many of them are very passionate, but I've also met many that struggle to control their own emotions, to say nothing of having power over anyone else's. I have also met earth and air spirits who have been just as intense as fire spirits, just as prone to euphoric joy or burning rage.

I've also dealt with multiple water and air spirits claiming to have power over love and sex specifically. Problem is, they were not love spirits at all. The water ones mostly wanted to feed off of angst and enjoy the sensory experience of a soul crying out for love. The air ones were either having a lark, in some cases, or trying to be controlling because real passion scares them. I'm not saying any of that is true for all spirits, or even all water or air spirits. I don't believe that. But I've met several where this was the case, and none who had real power.
No worries, that's why places like this exist; to discuss and share despite our differences and disagreements. I for one enjoy these discussions. Anyway, I think there may be a slight issue with wording. When I was mentioning spirits of love and passion, I did not mean that there are veritable spirits who govern just passion. There are spirits that do have power over passion but they would not be called "passion spirits". However, Fire is intimately equated with passion. A quick study on elemental correspondences will prove this.

And I do agree that spirits from other classes can be intense, however Earth intensity is quite different than Fire intensity. IIRC Bardon speaks on this. A former member and friend of mine created a table of correspondences for the elements and the angels as they relate to each of the elemental energies in terms of intensity if you're interested in seeing it. I could ask her permission to post it.

Reaction score
Awards
I'd love to see it, but I'm leery of all materials and sources referring to them as angels. The one who still hasn't given a proper name made one thing clear: if I care about using the right name, words like Raphael, Uriel, and angel should not be used. This being also doesn't want to be called a god, which has been a thing in at least egypt, and I'm suspecting greece. When I have more to go off of, I'll show everyone here my theory work.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I'd love to see it, but I'm leery of all materials and sources referring to them as angels. The one who still hasn't given a proper name made one thing clear: if I care about using the right name, words like Raphael, Uriel, and angel should not be used. This being also doesn't want to be called a god, which has been a thing in at least egypt, and I'm suspecting greece. When I have more to go off of, I'll show everyone here my theory work.
I'll ask her. But the table doesn't refer to any beings as angels other than angels. It lists the angels along with their Elemental correspondences in terms of intensity if I recall right.

And names like Raphael or Uriel.....if we study Hebraic and Judaic texts we find these names are more likely titles.

Reaction score
Awards
I'll ask her. But the table doesn't refer to any beings as angels other than angels. It lists the angels along with their Elemental correspondences in terms of intensity if I recall right.

And names like Raphael or Uriel.....if we study Hebraic and Judaic texts we find these names are more likely titles.
That checks. The impression I got was that this being and any kin I haven't met have been given titles in past cultures, during and before humanity's time.

Reaction score
Awards
So before I continue with the breakdown of what I've encountered, I will stop and clarify the lack of mentioning Fae. Faerie and its
derivatives are mainly used to refer to folk spirits in celtic domains. Properly, that is. In the lexicon I've given, they would be considered tricksters or minor elementals.

Moving on, I had stopped after talking about the Governors. Prior to the elemental generation with which I am most familiar, there were the contemporaries of the Governors as I see it. I don't have a lot of experience with one of the two kinds, but they are the Dragons and the Firstborn. Dragons I know extensively. In the life I have the best memory of, I was a dragonologist. Had a lot of dealings with their people. As for the Firstborn, that's where my knowledge is lacking. I believe they were crafted from the same planet, but using a sort of transcendental code, instead of the Dragons' more natural process. Most don't call them Firstborn like I do, but use terms like Dingir, Annunaki, or Netjer.

Prior to that generation, the existing spiritual powers are a mystery to me. I'm working with them right now to try and advance my understanding. So in reference to aerial spirits, plant spirits, and the like, I don't have a lot of firsthand experience. I have theoretical places for them in my framework, but it is challenging to know whether the spirit of a place (Genius Loci) is an Old Soul, elemental, hard light, or something else entirely, until I meet them. I have met a wide variety of beings, but few that go by terms humans recognize.

Reaction score
Awards
A Deeper Catalogue of Each Spirit Type - Manifestations

I mentioned this briefly before launching into the whole list, but my list is not intended to make a statement on objective existence, or more accurately, to say that X type of spirit doesn't exist in any form. Spiritual beings have many manifestations. Physically, I have seen minor Elemental scions take many human and animal shapes (that is to say, I met an existing physical creature that had a strong Elemental presence), and while I cannot confirm having met a Genius Loci, there have been some very "interesting" places. In the Sensual realm, form is changed a lot by how the being and its peers regard it. Accumulated fear will make a spirit look more monstrous, regardless of behavior. Accumulated adoration or praise will make it more lovely (though beauty is in the eye of the beholder). Another way to interpret that is, "The more people look at a spirit, the more of it there is to look at." In the Mental realm, internal manifestation and external manifestation are very different. We of the physical perspective tend to have this saying, "Who you are on the inside." But in the psychic, the subconscious and unconscious natures of your thoughtlife, your emotions, the things that are harder for you to control, those tend to dictate what your mind looks like to an outsider. I often deal with the psychic, the Mental Realm, in terms of Doors. Ways to access the mind from the outside. And often, the way that door looks will surprise the bearer, but those who know them well will say, "Oh, that makes sense." And while in Vital essence we are all the same being, that doesn't mean all parts of the same being are identical. The essences your particular branch has had to interact with (mainly in this life) will give your branch different features. The rest comes from the multitude of experiences Life has had.

All this to say: the general classes of spirit I've identified could look like anything, and even be called anything.

Reaction score
Awards
A Deeper Catalogue of Each Spirit Type - Earth Elementals (Minor and Major)

A minor, or "Young" elemental spirit is one who came into existence after the primary, "Major" Elementals. Likely one that exists as a sort of offspring, or split off from the Major by way of spiritual fission. Earthy spirits are typically very cozy in our physical world, some of them even having a cohesive body you can see with ordinary senses, and identify as a "normal" creature. Among humans, they are typically the tall and strong (but not necessarily a well-toned model or bodybuilder). More likely, they will be among the blue-collar workers, farmers, and criminals with a "job" requiring physical prowess. Their problems are more psychological, more emotional, and more having to do with perspective, as their physical (and often financial) state tends to be pretty secure. Not all of them will appear fabulously wealthy, and in fact this is a sign of instability when someone does. The Earth-secure are frugal and put their money to good use, but they don't struggle. In non-human cases, you have the larger animals, typically those very long-lived and not prone to violence (capable of it, in many cases, but never a predator). Trees have very strong Earth energy, much more so than a common flower, but don't underestimate a hardy green that can withstand anything. Look to the Dandelion for an example. No, I haven't really had the pleasure of speaking with flowers myself; I think they might be scared of me. There is also the matter of how mercurial Fire nature makes me. Something slow and enduring like an Earth spirit does not find me a good conversation partner.

A Major Earth Elemental will typically bear a strong resemblance to "the Earth spirit" itself. Not Mother Earth, mind you, but rather the eldest spirit endowed with dominance over soil and stone and sand, who ruled with adamant fist over the shifting lands once upon a time. Mother Earth's favorite son, you might say. No, the other Majors are more like cousins, or the Earth Alpha's own children. The closest to that one spirit that they get. I've only met the one myself, aside from my brief encounters with Mother Earth. While some people regard Elementals as their own discrete class apart from everything else, I have seen a lot of crossover, especially with Earth Elementals.

While I have confirmed the spirit at the heart of our world, and thus hypothetically accept the existence of Planetary spirits, I have not had the good fortune of meeting the others yet. I am working on that.

Reaction score
Awards
A Deeper Catalogue of Each Spirit Type - Water Elementals (Minor and Major)

I don't know how much more to say about Water spirits. I've met several while lingering near bodies of water, especially running water, but they have most often proven hostile. Fire and Water, y'know. I try to be diplomatic, but as I've stated about spiritual natures, it can be very easy to judge. They likely take one look at me, see the Fire inside, and anticipate a fight. There is also the fact that people groups I'm a part of had wars with Water spirits in past lives, and I personally have had much to do with Dragons. Hunters of the Deep, and breathers of perfect Fire. Twice when visiting lakes, I have felt the slumbering presence of something in the deepest parts. It may have been aware of me, but we did not speak. For a year or so, I lived by a small stream, one whose negativity was slowly corrupting the architecture. Black mold, rot in the walls, creaking floors, a general sense of humid density; every marker you could look for. I took a trip down to that spring to have a look around, and saw three figures standing in the water, unmoved by its current. I didn't see them with physical eyes, mind you, but my spiritual sense is very keen. Though simple appearances gave nothing away, I learned on deeper communion that they were once human, long ago. Native spirits who lived on the land before colonizers drove them out, murdering many. These were some of the murder victims. I don't bring this topic up lightly, but as a cautionary tale: multitudes have lived on the land you now walk, and not all of them are gone. These examples had likely found harmony with the older Water spirits inhabiting the stream, and were welcomed home. I felt great sorrow with them, and was pleased when me and my host family were able to leave that apartment for somewhere else. I wish there was more that could be done to vacate the land, but human governors aren't going to listen to claims about Native spirits.

In terms of the Major spirit/spirits of Water, I know only one personally. She was not to be trifled with. Even as I learned to light up the sky and consume whole forests, she learned the exact counter to my own abilities. Every cloud of smoke, every tree that burned, would soon be drowned in rain. Perhaps before my own flame was allowed to go out on its own. She was also a strong guardian, admirable in many qualities, and I've searched for her minor counterparts with that respect in mind. Many times I've met a person with a strong Water nature and wondered, "Is this what became of you?"

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I took a trip down to that spring to have a look around, and saw three figures standing in the water, unmoved by its current. I didn't see them with physical eyes, mind you, but my spiritual sense is very keen. Though simple appearances gave nothing away, I learned on deeper communion that they were once human, long ago. Native spirits who lived on the land before colonizers drove them out, murdering many. These were some of the murder victims. I don't bring this topic up lightly, but as a cautionary tale: multitudes have lived on the land you now walk, and not all of them are gone. These examples had likely found harmony with the older Water spirits inhabiting the stream, and were welcomed home.
Very interesting. The sentence in bold...is that to say that human spirits have co-mingled with the Elementals and now cohabitate with them in the Elemental realm?