- Joined
- Mar 3, 2024
- Messages
- 145
- Reaction score
- 232
- Awards
- 2
People readily believe into someone's opinion without using their critical thinking
I've seen this my entire life, and can recognize that it's literally always been the case. I don't think anything has really changed in that regard. People weren't smarter before AI, and dumb people pretending to be experts to fool more dumb people have been around forever as well. The internet made that easier, and now AI makes it even easier, but it's nothing new. I also think AI is just a bit of software and not in any way "intelligent." I said as much in my post if you read it. The idea of AI(being AGI and superintelligence), and the actual AI we have, are entirely different things, and most people are not smart enough to understand the difference. Including the people funding it. The only reasonable concern is how many industries will collapse when the AGI pipedream fails, the bubble bursts, and we're left with AI integrated into every business in the world that needs to be undone because there was no return on the trillions of dollars of investment, and the money stops flowing in because no money ever flowed back out.