• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Opinions on Jung & The Red Book

DarkNinja3000

Neophyte
Reaction score
Could be, could be indeed. Though, as you hint, a necessary preliminary is creating the sort of mind whose materializations deserve being made real. I have heard that Buddhist hell is simply having one's impulses instantly realized and that without hindrance or let.
Daaaam. Budhists are on another level. I never thought of that. Well, I think I could materialize intantly I would materialize to beeing super happy. 😁 That way the budist philosofy wouldn´t affect me haha AND I get every desire I want instantly.

KjEno186

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, but this thread is about Jung & The Red Book, so try to stay on topic.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
We're in Buddhist hell right now, this is it, this is the place 🤘🦉🍸
You mean the thread? The forum? Personally, I thought the Red Book's introduction (written by some Jungie junkie) was the First Ring.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You mean the thread? The forum? Personally, I thought the Red Book's introduction (written by some Jungie junkie) was the First Ring.
You're sitting in Samsara right now, what you are experiencing at this moment is Buddhist hell. Maybe a little off-topic but it's my thread and it's worth pointing out the esoteric soul-prison we're chilling in.

To make up for the side track, I'll throw in another Jung quote later this week.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
You're sitting in Samsara right now, what you are experiencing at this moment is Buddhist hell. Maybe a little off-topic but it's my thread and it's worth pointing out the esoteric soul-prison we're chilling in.

To make up for the side track, I'll throw in another Jung quote later this week.
Like my dear old Dad told me, "Be happy where you're at. They can always send you some place worse."

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I'm going through the pictures of interesting passages I took in the Red Book.
Post automatically merged:

e886438d6b642477abca36a7f271448be046797b.jpg

0ca21ec3bb64d553c62669cfc71ef2ca6980c178.jpg

"Generally Sol is regarded as the masculine and active half of Mercurius.... Since, in his alchemical form, Mercurius does not exist in reality, he must be an unconscious projection, and because he is an absolutely fundamental concept in Alchemy he must signify the unconscious itself. He is by his very nature unconscious, where nothing can be differentiated..." - Jung, Mysterium Coniunctionis p 97

Just pointing out that Jung's Alchemical view on Mercurious equates to the unconscious. Also -

"[W]ithin the limits of psychic experience, the collective unconscious takes the place of the Platonic realm of eternal ideas." - Jung, M C p 87

Here Jung claims the Platonic Realm of Eternal ideas is experienced as the collective unconscious, an idea I personally link to the Buddha's Storehouse, or the Akashic field.

"Mercurius demonstrably corresponds to the cosmic Nous of the classical philosophers. The human mind is a derivative of this and so, likewise, is the diurnal (very cool word btw) life of the psyche, which we call consciousness." - Jung, C M p 97

Here Jung also links Mercurius to the Cosmic Nous, thereby linking both as classical phrases for "The Unconscious". He also says that consciousness it only a shadow of the unconscious cast by the light of... I'm not exactly sure. But it is clear that he believes molding the unconscious has direct results to the shape of the conscious, which may explain why folk do such weird things without knowing why, it's cause it's brought in from the tangible qualities of their unconscious.

Also, Jung read Rudolph Steiner, he references him and his views on the hereafter in the MC. Just a fun fact 🦉

Last edited: