• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Protections When Working With Demons

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
The system of magic I practice focuses on extensive personal development as a foundation of everything else, and the beginning spirits I work with are the ancestors and the local land spirits who I basically view and treat as neighbors. So I have several layers of basic protection that are a constant, from working on the personal magical fitness of my aura, shielding, household wards, a magical "neighborhood watch," etc.
(Cut for space)
I've learned that, in my praxis at least, a lot of it comes down to honor and respect. I work hard to be an honorable man in every facet of life, and the spirits I work with tend to respect that and don't screw me over. Sometimes they scold me, but they haven't harmed me yet. lol
This. I'm of the paranoid sort myself, so I have layers and layers (and LAYERS) of these kinds of protections and relationships; honestly, more aimed at guarding against human magical and mundane harm, but that apply to anyone or anything. And lots of offerings for more the more mischievous of my neighbors.

I was once told, in a conversation in a trance with a demon, that to "bear a sword" when I spoke with them was a mark of respect. Protections when I worked with them (in addition to protecting us from outside interruption) were a way that I acknowledged that they could slap me around if they wanted to (perhaps metaphorically, perhaps not); while by not taking offense that I came before them "armed", they were respecting me as, basically, not being a dilettante wasting their time. I figured, that worked just fine as guidance for me!

I will also say, I tend to aim my protections at binding actions, particularly when working with anyone specifically. Basically, you're always welcome; it's only if you act in a way that would harm me or mine that any protection would be triggered. I learned the hard way that more often than not, what I interpreted as a threat was anger or frustration, and protecting myself too aggressively made things worse. It also sometimes irritated tricksters who were, in their own way, helping, and who took my protections as ignoring them while challenging them to escalate.

Archlogos

Visitor
Reaction score
Angels can fuck you up just as well as demons can help and heal. Entertainment media has done a phenomenal job of making angels seem like they can do no wrong and demons can only do wrong. But that is the furthest thing from the truth. What about angels such as Tartaruch who is a angel who rules over punishments. We find this angel in the Visions of Paul writings. Or the angel Za'afiel, whom we find in Enoch 3, who is an angel of destruction. In the Testament of Solomon we learn that the angels of punishment are ruled over by the Archangels of punishment who are themselves ruled by the Angel of Death. So yeah..... protections needed 😂

Archlogos

Visitor
Reaction score
Goetics spirits self identify as Angels. Demon is a fairly new spiritual concept in the grand scheme of things. And if you believe the Bible/modern Christianity any spirit that would allow you to evoke it would be demonic, even if classified as a ”good” Angel, since communication outside of the direct command and consent of God would be a rebellious act. They are all spirits, daemons, angels - unless they are man made thought forms or egregores. In the end no one should say they completely understand it though - always banish before and after to be safe. Also be aware that any issues you may run into evoking spirits are often psychological, especially over continual association with a specific spirit. Just being aware of that and knowing yourself can be a protection.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I have no fear of any Spirits, because since I am connected to the Divine Light, I know that nothing is going to happen to me. Like I said before in my last post. I do not know anything about Magick or Spells, or anything of that sort. For me, even to the Demons I show Love to. Many blessings to All of you!!

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have no fear of any Spirits, because since I am connected to the Divine Light, I know that nothing is going to happen to me. Like I said before in my last post. I do not know anything about Magick or Spells, or anything of that sort. For me, even to the Demons I show Love to. Many blessings to All of you!!
Can you explain how this works? How do you know, objectively, that you are connected to Divine Light and not some other energetic current? Can you go into how a demon (that has existed and been worshipped, venerated or otherwise worked with across time) can be repelled from doing harm by simply being shown love from one human being? Looking forward to this discussion.

Ang3l

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Do you use them? All of the time? Even with demons you have a working relationship with? Why or why not? For me, I use protections each and every time I work with a spirit, demon or not. Even angels. Only spirits I don't use protections for are my ancestors. What about you?
Hello. By protections you mean a circle, preliminary rituals (lbrp, lhrp, etc.), invocations and/or prayers? How do you work with your ancestors/what is the method you use for working with your ancestors?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Preliminary protection prayers and invocations to begin with. Some may argue the act of achieving Divine Authority may provide some protections. Then the Circle and Triangle. Depending on the type of spirit being evoked, there may be an angel or two "presiding" over the working as a whole as an extra measure. Certain seals and talismans may be in use depending on which grimoire I'm using.

over the years ive tried all sorts of protection, nothing worked. i went to several healers to get me out of a mess others made and this too made it worse. now after years of finding my own ways, warring and scheming with or against other beings i somehow gained divine authority ( it wasnt my goal, i just wanted to have some peace instead of all these beings nagging me). since then things are truly changing and i am noticing real protection and guidance.

i always wanted to learn to pray or set up shields, but it never worked for me. so i am starting to believe that gaining protection can be very different for everyone.

Reaction score
Awards
Do you use them? All of the time? Even with demons you have a working relationship with? Why or why not? For me, I use protections each and every time I work with a spirit, demon or not. Even angels. Only spirits I don't use protections for are my ancestors. What about you?
Being that I was not formally taught protections with physical implements, my limited experiments with them have not had any noticeable effect. I do however make extensive use of energy work for protective purposes. As I am something of an island right now, I do not have any spirits that assist me in the process. Some of my recent work with Kaea has been leaning that way. We'll see where it goes.

Reaction score
Awards
i use protection prayers as well but more so to deter trickster spirits than anything else. I have been fooled before.
Any prayer to a being of equal or lesser power to a trickster spirit is only as good as their willingness to go all out. Who do you pray to?

Reaction score
Awards
Angels can fuck you up just as well as demons can help and heal. Entertainment media has done a phenomenal job of making angels seem like they can do no wrong and demons can only do wrong. But that is the furthest thing from the truth. What about angels such as Tartaruch who is a angel who rules over punishments. We find this angel in the Visions of Paul writings. Or the angel Za'afiel, whom we find in Enoch 3, who is an angel of destruction. In the Testament of Solomon we learn that the angels of punishment are ruled over by the Archangels of punishment who are themselves ruled by the Angel of Death. So yeah..... protections needed 😂
It's also important to try and be clear. Angels and demons are typically a confused, anglicized version, of a Greco-Roman depiction, of an idea from Semitic religions. Are we just talking about benevolent vs malevolent spirits? Or something more specific? What would a Druid or an Arhat know them as?

Reaction score
Awards
This. I'm of the paranoid sort myself, so I have layers and layers (and LAYERS) of these kinds of protections and relationships; honestly, more aimed at guarding against human magical and mundane harm, but that apply to anyone or anything. And lots of offerings for more the more mischievous of my neighbors.

I was once told, in a conversation in a trance with a demon, that to "bear a sword" when I spoke with them was a mark of respect. Protections when I worked with them (in addition to protecting us from outside interruption) were a way that I acknowledged that they could slap me around if they wanted to (perhaps metaphorically, perhaps not); while by not taking offense that I came before them "armed", they were respecting me as, basically, not being a dilettante wasting their time. I figured, that worked just fine as guidance for me!

I will also say, I tend to aim my protections at binding actions, particularly when working with anyone specifically. Basically, you're always welcome; it's only if you act in a way that would harm me or mine that any protection would be triggered. I learned the hard way that more often than not, what I interpreted as a threat was anger or frustration, and protecting myself too aggressively made things worse. It also sometimes irritated tricksters who were, in their own way, helping, and who took my protections as ignoring them while challenging them to escalate.
I should go grab my sword next time. Maybe that will help.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have seen/participated in situations where the human target has given unconscious permissions that allow dark entities immediate access regardless of conscious protections.

I knew a woman who would steal money to buy cigarettes for people targeted by her possessing entity - the nicotine softens the target humans. She complained that 5 minutes after, she would have forgotten stealing the money. The entity was editing her memory.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
over the years ive tried all sorts of protection, nothing worked. i went to several healers to get me out of a mess others made and this too made it worse. now after years of finding my own ways, warring and scheming with or against other beings i somehow gained divine authority ( it wasnt my goal, i just wanted to have some peace instead of all these beings nagging me). since then things are truly changing and i am noticing real protection and guidance.

i always wanted to learn to pray or set up shields, but it never worked for me. so i am starting to believe that gaining protection can be very different for everyone.
Very interesting. What protection measures did you try, and against what sort of spirits? By that question I mean to say that what may protect you against one type of spirit may do nothing against another.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Burning herbs and spices
House cleaning with eggs, smoke, holy water
Magickal squares and it's residents
Amulets
Magickal baths (even bathing in the sea in the winter. Damn that was cold)
Prayers
Candles

At that time i was just a nitwit following orders, so none of it was actually done by myself. All i could do was fight for my life.

I dont know all the spirits that attacked. And i dont think it was all spiritwork. A lot can be done in the mental sphere without bringing any other beings into play. The biggest problem i had was convincing the ancestors of my husband that they saw it wrong due to witchcraft. They couldn't believe it and were attacking their own. Thankfully they know now.
Ive been possessed several times and not in the fun way. One time i was almost death an other time i had a whole family of djinn inside.

The last couple of years i have had the honor of carrying a deathcurse. It attracts leeches and when you dont know, they slowly suck the life out of you and make you depressed. I can hardly call these things beings.

The area i live in is quite infected with witchcraft and most of it is in the area of abuse. I have freed several beings after complaints and by now the warlocks in my area seem to understand.

So in essence, who got the biggest dick works.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I don't work with him but I've heard you can work with Saint Cyprian when working with demons.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Yes i do, i go after Joseph Pettersons edition of key of solomon and prayers for protection

Eclipse

Neophyte
Reaction score
I do not use any form of warding because I consider it disrespectful. If the ones I work with desire to do harm to me, that is on them.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I don't use protection shields, because they are no use for me, and the fact that I have no fear of whatever happens to me Spiritually.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Can you explain how this works? How do you know, objectively, that you are connected to Divine Light and not some other energetic current? Can you go into how a demon (that has existed and been worshipped, venerated or otherwise worked with across time) can be repelled from doing harm by simply being shown love from one human being? Looking forward to this discussion.
Sorry for taking a long time to respond. I know in my heart, and as I stated in the past, that The Universe, The Divine Light, The Divine Darkness, has many appearances. I know, because when The Universe speak to me is the same voice wether female or male. And, I only hear one voice, not many. Also, I've seen The Universe, taking and switching forms as He/She is having conversations with me. As well as, with my past experiences such as Baphomet. Yes, The Universes can take the form of Baphomet. The Universes has done so many things in my presence that I had me convinced, that it was The Universe, doing it all. The secret is that The Divine Darkness, makes you believe that there are other Spirits, but it is just The Divine Light, The Divine Darkness, and The Universe that is taking forms and appearances. Even, our Ancestors are The Universes' appearances. Now, you may disagree with this whole concept, and that's ok. We each have our own truth. Many blessings!!

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The go-to protection for me is LBRP. I don't think of it as just a preliminary banishing, it's part of daily magickal routine. As you literally rise above the lower and towards the Divine and draw it into you, you become God more and more.
I can't remember exactly where I read it, but there was an opinion that angels expect you to show your acknowledgement of (you being) God else they won't even show up. Thus I always greet a Shem Angel by declaring that I am created in the image of God and that he as an angel of the name of God therefore is an angel of my name.
As for demons; to me it's just common sense to protect yourself. I heard of people who don't banish because they are afraid it will offend the demons, or because God isn't hip. To each their own i guess.