• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Shortcuts to Power

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
There are two views I have on this:

There is no shortcut to power, despite the rituals involved. You start as a probationer and work toward adepthood per the ONA, OTO, or the GD. You must be a lodge member to be properly initiated.

Yet, some claim success using the work of VK Jehannum, doing the Sepherotic or Qlippothic pathworkings, using Lucifer and the Hidden Demons, Skrying the Tree of life, or doing master rituals from any and all magic books.

So yes or no, what is your opinion?

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
As I am not initiated into any order, i can not say if I would be more or less of a wizard now then if i had paid thousands of dollars to the OTO. If there was an order closer to my home I very likely would have joined decades ago, but here in NL we have two OTO groups in Rotterdam and Amsterdam and some Rosicrucian / Martinist groups in the Hague.
Not for me I guess.

Benzzz

Neophyte
Reaction score
There are two views I have on this:

There is no shortcut to power, despite the rituals involved. You start as a probationer and work toward adepthood per the ONA, OTO, or the GD. You must be a lodge member to be properly initiated.

Yet, some claim success using the work of VK Jehannum, doing the Sepherotic or Qlippothic pathworkings, using Lucifer and the Hidden Demons, Skrying the Tree of life, or doing master rituals from any and all magic books.

So yes or no, what is your opinion?
There is no shortcut unless you are naturally gifted but initiation is bs unless you genuinely align with the organizations cause or message but as far as joining just to gain power waste of time you could easily learn your self with enough time and dedication

Reaction score
Awards
I think there's always a shortcut, the problem is that knowledge is always hidden or worse, because of dogma and tradition the shortcut is never researched & developed (had that happened, maybe the shortcut would have become the status quo).

Maybe what we all see as a "shortcut" is actually the "true path", and most of everyone has been using inferior methods. Rather than call their own methods inferior, they instead classify the alternative that is more effective as a "shortcut", as if it violates some kind of presumed "natural order".

Is the LBRP a "shortcut"? I'm sure there were more longer and complicated banishing rituals that people used in the past. The reason why the LBRP became "standardized" and so well known is because it was efficient and effective, and that made it superior to a lot of the others because of it's usability. I'm sure some people from the far past would call the LBRP a "shortcut" but to us in modern times it's just the status quo.

Also, maybe to some people the tradeoffs of "shortcuts" are negligible (so to them it's not a "shortcut") while for others they are not worth the cost.

Usually the methods that people classify as "shortcuts" are methods in which they see the tradeoff as unfavorable and the cost as too high and not worth the risk. But that's just their perspective, if they had a different mindset that "shortcut" would be their "obvious choice" and their first choice at that. Something is only a "shortcut" relative to the alternative you are comparing it to and your own desires.

For example, imagine there was a "spell of ultimate power" but it made you impotent so you could never have biological children. To the average person that would probably be too high of a cost, but to people who don't want children anyways it's a no brainer because it's a win win.

To someone raised in an environment where selling drugs and making quick cash is the norm, it isn't a "shortcut" to working a 9 to 5 job, it's just a regular part of life to them and it's the expected path to take. To the person raised in an environment where everyone is working a job for income, selling drugs is a "shortcut" and the risk of jail time isn't worth it.

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
There's a river in the woods by my cabin that I frequent in the warmer months. There's a family of Eagles I feed there annually, but there nest is hard to get to as it is stationed on a cliff and where most of the rapids are. Usually I go further down river where there is no rapids and a decent incline to walk up the cliff(about a days walk). One time my brother and I attempted the hard way(cut off about 15 hours). We were very bruised and my shoes were beyond repair. My brother had also lost half his stuff off the cliff we climbed to reach the best. That's my note on shortcuts.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Depends what your definition of power is, I believe the best path is to first conquer the self, the microcosm before moving onto outside influences into the macrocosm.

however, if one simply cares about short term results and quick fixes, you can absolutely still get results just using forces in the macrocosm although there may be unintentional effects that come from it.

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just as you said, there is no shortcut to power, and I must admit that the great majority fall off the ladder of power and end up having literally nothing to show for their forray into the magical world.

Even my experience as a Christian has shown that the vast majority of Christians haven't begun to walk the road of power. Some have but couldn't pay the price for power. By power I mean the power to heal, banish demons, project into various planes, controlling weather and all that.

But I must say, POWER IS SWEET!!!

There are gradations of power, and just as a baby grows through various stages, so do we grow into various stages of power, gaining more understanding, skill, strength and flexibility as power wielders.

Reaction score
Awards
I agree with @Bandaboy ... Christians don't know the power they have and rarely wield it.
It's not necessarily summoning angels to help, or putting a beating on a demon.
Simply put, they are too religious or literal, or simply are of the world and in it.
Some can't give up losing possessions.
Some are unable to give or share.
Some don't open their mouths.
Some don't have love in their mind and heart and soul.
Perilous times indeed.

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Religion can shackle and chain you to a belief. That is why I always call it re legion. When you focus on one belief then you ignore or scoff other ideas that don't benefit yours.

Don't be a sheep, be a Shepard.

Reaction score
Awards
wow, then where are all the rest of the tropes? how many must there be?

when those like me become common there will be none like you

Reaction score
Awards
you have never met anyone like me, i am a force of great change and none of my goals align with the lives of men, more like me emerge each day, we are ending mans evil, if you think that is cringe then you are the problem i am here to solve, nothing of this world will remain when we finish
The people who are like what you're pretending to be don't use online forums, they operate completely within the real world. They'd also choose a better name than "killing raven sun", this sounds like you just picked three random sounding "occult" words in your head and put them together.

Reaction score
Awards
The people who are like what you're pretending to be don't use online forums, they operate completely within the real world. They'd also choose a better name than "killing raven sun", this sounds like you just picked three random sounding "occult" words in your head and put them together.
really? you sound very wise, tell me how certain people dont use the internet, tell me about this "real world" that doesnt include the internet

the earth has named me for my appropriate attributes, i am not concerned about your ability, or inability, to appreciate the words
Post automatically merged:

They usually get bored or banned.

Whatever you say partner 😂 I will be around
great, thanks for that critical information

i am not here for entertainment, this is part of my work