• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Shortcuts to Power

Everyone's got one.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Order of Nine Angles is an interesting path but these days I am more or less convinced its purely political more than its occultic. Lots of dubious statements. Maybe they do work though, what do I know? The seven causal and two acausal plane(s) concept always fascinated me.

Reaction score
Awards
ONA, I have a few of their papers.
Interesting system indeed.

Not everyone is cut out to become a wizard. But it takes a lot of study and practice. Now that I'm unemployed temporarily, I have zero excuse not to read. And this month like Glenn sang, the heat is on.
I am a Neophyte Zelator. I don't like calling myself a Zelator, as I don't feel I've yet earned it.

Reaction score
Awards
One thing I can do is public tarot readings, and making homemade oils and incense. That is not a usual thing for an occult nobody to do. Or maybe it is. Those are not shortcuts or long paths to power, because that creative power is in me. Also ... People can feel free to steal my ideas and pass them off as their own, because they are non-creative edgelord hacks. When I do use the law of silence however ..

Last edited:

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You need not age nor die. Sounds like a bunch of shit until you read it. Give it a try.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Caucasian Yoga. This one I can definitely say is on Initiation Into Hermetics level.

Post automatically merged:

They are not step by step like IIH is I am afraid though. So you might dig a little bit.

ONA, I have a few of their papers.
Interesting system indeed.
There is actually one pdf that covers all of ONA short of aural traditions

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
if you won't count Bardons own mix before he created IIH.
I remember reading about that (Textbook Of High Magic), It said that Bardon thought it was was too difficult for the average person. It combined the 7 Hermetic Letters by Georg Lomer, some parts of Crowley's Liber ABA Book 4, and Rune-Magic by Siegfried Adolf. It was the basis for Initiation Into Hermetics.

Saw it on the Czech Hermetics website:

That website seems like a reliable source on all things Bardon but I'm still not bothering with the book they put out as Bardon's completed 4th book. Bardon is dead and I only really cared about creating audiobooks for the books he specifically wrote, so I stopped at book 3. Same reason I didn't bother with "The Universal Master Key" (I've read some things in that book even contradict what Bardon says in Initiation Into Hermetics).

I think they are putting out some historically accurate info here and there on the site, but for the most part they are just trying to milk Bardon's legacy for sales

You need not age nor die. Sounds like a bunch of shit until you read it. Give it a try.

Caucasian Yoga. This one I can definitely say is on Initiation Into Hermetics level.

They are not step by step like IIH is I am afraid though. So you might dig a little bit.
I'll check them out.

I'm following Bardon's system but I'm trying to find exercises that can be used to help improve and speed up the process.

For example, I was making basically no progress with the thought control exercise (where you focus on a single thought for 10 minutes) until I began doing another mental exercise that has nothing to do with Bardon's training.

I have an overactive imagination. It makes visualization come easy to me, I can visualize anything in great detail, but the downside is my mind is very chaotic, so there are always random disturbances and interruptions when I'm trying to focus. It's almost like my mind is a wild horse that I let roam free for decades and now all of a sudden I'm trying to tame it.

I'm looking for other books with other exercises that help to mend these issues, but I'm avoiding exercises that are already included in IIH and are in later steps. I think the first step is the only real hurdle for me though, when I read the book it was the only step that worried me based on my own awareness of my mind and how erratic my thoughts are.

I think it'll be a snowball effect after I get past that and from there it'll be smooth sailing.

On another note, lol at "Caucasian Yoga".

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I remember reading about that (Textbook Of High Magic), It said that Bardon thought it was was too difficult for the average person. It combined the 7 Hermetic Letters by Georg Lomer, some parts of Crowley's Liber ABA Book 4, and Rune-Magic by Siegfried Adolf. It was the basis for Initiation Into Hermetics.
Rune Magic is actually a great damn book, and Crowleys Liber ABAs first part is also damn good. He takes out so much dogma from Yogic practices. Though he is a little mazoschist so do take his requirements with a grain of salt. I personally had to translate the 8th Lehrbrief by Lomer from German, its not translated afaik. Yes, there is an eighth letter indeed. I honestly like IIH better but that mix is pretty strong.

Yeah they are milking the hell out of Bardon. I do have that "4th book". You can actually find it on internet as "Questions & Answers." They added so little into it and sold it as the so long awaited 4th book...

I'm looking for other books with other exercises that help to mend these issues, but I'm avoiding exercises that are already included in IIH and are in later steps. I think the first step is the only real hurdle for me though, when I read the book it was the only step that worried me based on my own awareness of my mind and how erratic my thoughts are.
There is this so called 'Frater Veos' companion if you wanna check that out. He champions the idea that you should actually still your mind for 30 minutes, not 5/10. You can be the judge of that. You obviously should increase the void of mind duration as you progress.

As for your struggle, I understand, I really do. I used to punch stuff and sleep with a hand in full of pain every goddamn day because the struggle was too real and I really started to believe that I was not cut for this. Unfortunately nothing can help you but you. Obviously some practices will be of help, but you get my point, only you can get through it.

I have nothing else to add I think. Its a good think to be sceptical. But also question Bardons stuff too, thats one thing I can say. Best of luck. Hope you get what you want.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I have demanding reading already, to get me up to speed since I was in High School half the year every year, leaving me dramatically undereducated and had learning disabilities as a child, by Junior High I was doing better until I heard about HS racial issues (HS was 65% African American), and thus was petrified to go to school (we had a race war in my senior year). I bowed out of that because it was dumb.

So, to take on Bardon might be a ticket, might not. Different strokes for different folks. So to take on the most complicated person - Crowley, I tried before but my impatience and education got the best of me.

Reaction score
Awards
So, to take on Bardon might be a ticket, might not. Different strokes for different folks. So to take on the most complicated person - Crowley, I tried before but my impatience and education got the best of me.
Based on how difficult these mental exercises are for me I wouldn't say that Bardon's training is easy, but his training system is the most detailed and easy to follow that anything I've ever found. I compare everything else I see to it and because of that I only really trust his training system, nothing else comes close.

Even the suggestions I just got, I looked through them a bit but I think I'm still going to stick to strictly Bardon. It's really annoying, It's hard to find anything that seems good enough to pair up with Bardon, I've only found a few books and I'm using them to fuse everything together and create my own system.