• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

We need to Laugh

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Strange but true: there's a rule in gematria that it is permissible to add 1 to any answer to reinforce a pre-established relationship. It's called the Kolel-gematria.

~Ahhhh the games we play... with ourselves~
So, if I REALLY want to reinforce a relationship that I'm sure is there, I can keep adding ones till I get what I want? Sounds like playing Calvinball in the old comic strip Calvin & Hobbes.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
2+2 = 22, the whole Hebrew alphabet and thus everything (if you are a kabalist)
Is this some semite-snickermittel? A joke the goyim don't get? It must be the New Math. Crowley already taught me 1+1=0

Oh, and smile when you sneer kabalist there, stranger. I'm a Qabalist. That's tipped with a "Q-". Get my consonants straight.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Crowley already taught me 1+1=0
Actually, it should be 1+(-1) = 0, as opposed to his interpretation of Waite's conception of the formula of mysticism as 1-1=0.
But you are right in the sense of 2=0, although I think this more properly represents a Sephirothic stage in the evolution from the Ain Soph into the Supernals (minus Kether, it being pre-dynamic Tao) and the cosexual reflection back into it. Thus he crowned himself Ipsissimus.

Strange but true: there's a rule in gematria that it is permissible to add 1 to any answer to reinforce a pre-established relationship. It's called the Kolel-gematria.
Beautiful. I will add that to my own metathesis.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Ew. Math. Get the pyres ready.

oMsoXV4.jpeg