• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What comes after Christianity

Reaction score
Awards
I had the feeling Christianity, or at least a lot if Christians, sympathized with Communism, because they somehow saw a future in it. That is of course over now, but still makes me ponder.
The Soviets specifically targeted Christians to be killed or shipped off to work camps. They, correctly, recognized that loyalty to God supercedes loyalty to the state. This is also why they turned families against each other. The underpinnings of Communism are dialectical materialism. It is, quite literally, the least spiritual system humanly possible, it views all religion or spirituality as primitive and useless. The Christians of the time absolutely did not feel even an ounce of sympathy for communists. The very first thing that needs to happen for communism to be implemented is that the national culture, including religion, of a country be destroyed.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I agree the Church is all but dead in the US for good reason. Education and the internet certainly open the eyes of many. Yes they missed the part about the tables.
I think that’s why many have left, I was in a fundamentalist church, anti science etc and left after learning truth

Reaction score
Awards
Proof - but of what?

"Australian social research firm McCrindle
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
that nearly a fifth of Australians identify as 'spiritual but not religious', "

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Of being superstitious dipshits who watch garbage like Ancient Aliens or whatever the Australian equivalent is. Just passively believing in shit like ghosts and demons because their favorite storytime YouTuber recounted the horrifying experience of their boomerang being haunted one time. If you asked these people if they believed in anything supernatural, they'd say

"I dunno the world is a strange place 🙂"

These people are plebs. They don't care about enlightenment, especially if that gets in the way of their convenient lifestyle. The moment you told them they'd have to do something like meditate or live an even slightly ascetic life they'd drop being "spiritual but not religious" like a handful of dog shit.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Asceticism is not a requirement of religious life...

Reaction score
Awards
Asceticism is not a requirement of religious life...
Of spiritual progression it is. I can't think of even one religion which does not at some point require a form of meditation and self denial. Which is normal, that's how you do it. You cut your binds with the material world in this way. But the people we're discussing would never, ever, ever, do anything like that seriously. The vast majority of them can't even adhere to the very simple demands that mainstream religions make of their pleb followers. That's why they're "spiritual but not religious" in the first place. This isn't a sign of anything grand. Just lazy people watching movies and thinking the supernatural is "cool" and wanting it to be real. If it wasn't for them being constantly inundated in pop culture referencing the supernatural, they'd be atheists.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The Soviets specifically targeted Christians to be killed or shipped off to work camps. They, correctly, recognized that loyalty to God supercedes loyalty to the state. This is also why they turned families against each other. The underpinnings of Communism are dialectical materialism. It is, quite literally, the least spiritual system humanly possible, it views all religion or spirituality as primitive and useless. The Christians of the time absolutely did not feel even an ounce of sympathy for communists. The very first thing that needs to happen for communism to be implemented is that the national culture, including religion, of a country be destroyed.
That is exactly why I was so astonished by the mass of Christians becoming Communists. ALL of the seventies "Red Army Fraction" terrorists were children of pastors. They murdered for their ideas. That probably never happened in the US, but it did in Europe.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I can't think of even one religion which does not at some point require a form of meditation and self denial.

Uncontaminated religions may primarily be for the guidance of the uncultivated humans. Self-denial is very important for those humans - to allow families and society to function. (Contaminated religions are usually directed to the capture of humans)

In my experience the more spiritually refined human has their own direct experience - not necessarily of the god-angel-human format - but more embedded in their daily life.

For example the refined human may learn to categorize incoming thoughts and identify thoughts that are given to guide them - even learning to recognize the "signature" of the particular patron.

Reaction score
Awards
That is exactly why I was so astonished by the mass of Christians becoming Communists. ALL of the seventies "Red Army Fraction" terrorists were children of pastors. They murdered for their ideas. That probably never happened in the US, but it did in Europe.
They didn't just murder their ideas, they murdered their own fathers. The church had taught them to be sympathetic; they erroneously extended this sympathy to vicious killers and dangerous zealots. I don't doubt that as they whispered in their local commissar's ear that their father was huddled in his dank, shoddy basement, pleaing to God for salvation, they were sure they were doing the right thing. For the greater good. They felt not even a twinge of guilt as they watched their family get dragged off to be shot and unceremoniously dropped in a ditch to rot.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
They didn't just murder their ideas, they murdered their own fathers. The church had taught them to be sympathetic; they erroneously extended this sympathy to vicious killers and dangerous zealots. I don't doubt that as they whispered in their local commissar's ear that their father was huddled in his dank, shoddy basement, pleaing to God for salvation, they were sure they were doing the right thing. For the greater good. They felt not even a twinge of guilt as they watched their family get dragged off to be shot and unceremoniously dropped in a ditch to rot.
If i could I would double like you for that post.

And even more, that was all history repeating. Poor guys, everybody had to suffer so much for that madness.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Of spiritual progression it is. I can't think of even one religion which does not at some point require a form of meditation and self denial. Which is normal, that's how you do it. You cut your binds with the material world in this way. But the people we're discussing would never, ever, ever, do anything like that seriously. The vast majority of them can't even adhere to the very simple demands that mainstream religions make of their pleb followers. That's why they're "spiritual but not religious" in the first place. This isn't a sign of anything grand. Just lazy people watching movies and thinking the supernatural is "cool" and wanting it to be real. If it wasn't for them being constantly inundated in pop culture referencing the supernatural, they'd be atheists.
No it’s not...it’s actually considered a sin in Judaism in some opinions to give up worldly pleasures

you’re very incorrect

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Oh "in Judaism" and in "some opinions," excuse me. I should've known.
im not trying to be an ass to you

but there’s many who have spiritual ascensions who are not ascetics...and many who do...I can name a Rabbi who teaches how

i Also have friends who’ve done it...they aren’t ascetics

but I’m sure you “know” how to have ascents, how to read, how to connect etc at all

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I agree. It's been happening everywhere