• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What comes after Christianity

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
A God that sends people to hell, and burns them. Isn't a God I would Love to meet. Period.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
So is hell a theological invention - to frighten the faithful?

If humans know that recycling is ethical, does The Source of All know it too?

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting you think hell is literally a place where people physically burn.
No not physically, but Spiritually after death. But, I know now, that the Soul does not suffer, nor does It can't be destroyed. And, I say this, because I had direct experience. If it was like that, even Consciousness would've been destroy. We are Immortal, and Infinite Beings.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting you think hell is literally a place where people physically burn.
It’s not a physical burning

its guilt or in the mind. If you believe in say the lake of fire you may see that

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
What do you believe, that people who are criminals and do harm just get off free? Just curious
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23
"For he who has died has been freed* from sin." - Romans 6:7 (footnote, Romans 6:7 cleared)

Not being dogmatic or saying I believe it, but one interpretation put forth is that the sins of a living person do not count after death of the body. Of course, I was taught as a Jehovah's Witness that "the dead are conscious of nothing at all" and are "asleep" as it were. The Judgment after the resurrection is interpreted to mean that such ones, upon gaining a second life on Earth during a thousand year reign of Christ, would be given a second chance to show by their deeds whether they merit everlasting life on Earth. Of course, this goes against the teachings in most churches of Christendom, and I'm not interested in studying the varied ways in which a vindictive god would seek to punish people living or dead. At least the Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in eternal torment, just simple non-existence for unrepentant sinners who continue to be wicked after a resurrection from the dead, a second death as it were...

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23
"For he who has died has been freed* from sin." - Romans 6:7 (footnote, Romans 6:7 cleared)

Not being dogmatic or saying I believe it, but one interpretation put forth is that the sins of a living person do not count after death of the body. Of course, I was taught as a Jehovah's Witness that "the dead are conscious of nothing at all" and are "asleep" as it were. The Judgment after the resurrection is interpreted to mean that such ones, upon gaining a second life on Earth during a thousand year reign of Christ, would be given a second chance to show by their deeds whether they merit everlasting life on Earth. Of course, this goes against the teachings in most churches of Christendom, and I'm not interested in studying the varied ways in which a vindictive god would seek to punish people living or dead. At least the Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in eternal torment, just simple non-existence for unrepentant sinners who continue to be wicked after a resurrection from the dead, a second death as it were...
I’m not a believer in Christianity, the punishments are not meant to punish really but to help cleanse, if one is atheist then yes they may be unconscious.

I don’t think God seeks revenge, the universe seems to be a machine and the “punishments” are simply cause and effect.

I also don’t believe there’s such a thing as eternal punishment, there is a time of cleansing after death, then a time of rest in what’s called the lower Gan Eden, then reincarnation

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What do you believe, that people who are criminals and do harm just get off free? Just curious
No, although my belief on hell isn't anything certain as I am still studying the Bible, I generally believe that we are on earth to develop traits to soul build which impacts us for eternity, and those who have done evil or accumulated a vast amounts of negative/ selfish/ evil traits are alone to suffer all the negativity that they have built up. The only thing we can know for certain is that hell is the eternal quarantine from God, which represents the supreme Goodness and light, so being separated from that for however long, maybe eternity, maybe until a certain point until you're deemed cleansed, seems like punishment enough.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
It seems that God thinks that humans are single use. Perhaps the next human to get to heaven will tell him/her about repurposing

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Ya know, its a bit difficult to understand the world of mathematics if you haven't been trained in it. All that you can offer is an opinion. Likewise, it's almost impossible to know exactly what is within the world of Christians if you do not have the Holy Spirit. Like Saint Paul says in the Bible, the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
No, although my belief on hell isn't anything certain as I am still studying the Bible, I generally believe that we are on earth to develop traits to soul build which impacts us for eternity, and those who have done evil or accumulated a vast amounts of negative/ selfish/ evil traits are alone to suffer all the negativity that they have built up. The only thing we can know for certain is that hell is the eternal quarantine from God, which represents the supreme Goodness and light, so being separated from that for however long, maybe eternity, maybe until a certain point until you're deemed cleansed, seems like punishment enough.
I don’t think it’s eternal just a time away.

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
based on current events,

religion is dying. the occult world is as well. i mean back when i had the largest occult forum in the 2004-11 it was all the rage, but so was religion, currently most kids are growing up in a non religion upbringing. i kinda figure it will fade and than some leap of faith will change things and a new religion will be born. but than again it could merge with another religion.