• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What comes after Christianity

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think if Christianity disappeared tomorrow maybe there’d be mass conversions to Islam etc
Do not other religions have the same problems?

It may be that Earth humans are increasingly finding Deism preferable to Theism.

Theism is naturally attractive to those that wish to exercise authority. Deism does not easily support authoritarian regimes.

May the Force be with you!

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
The church has been giving way to progressive bs for a while now, being pro gay, pro feminism, trying to appeal to everyone.

they are alienating the traditional crowd, not only that but those who want structure, also people are more inquisitive at a younger and younger age, we have more freedom to access knowledge

in other words we want spirituality and structure but we don’t want some silly preacher or rabbi telling us dont use your head, don’t question things, if you do look at girls you’ll burn in hell forever and other such crap.

I think if Christianity disappeared tomorrow maybe there’d be mass conversions to Islam etc
I don't know if Islam would necessarily fit the bill of what such people are looking for, either. As an Abrahamic religion, don't they still have their own set of rules and dogmas that you're told to follow? (I am not Muslim, so forgive me if I'm wrong here)

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if Islam would necessarily fit the bill of what such people are looking for, either. As an Abrahamic religion, don't they still have their own set of rules and dogmas that you're told to follow? (I am not Muslim, so forgive me if I'm wrong here)
I think sometimes just join a group to fig in, I’ve heard of men becoming Muslim so they can have multiple wives.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I reverted to islam about 20 years ago. In this timeline general islam has changed a lot. Not just in the news, but also how people behave and interpret their religion. Where i used to be accepted as one, i later on had to prove and defend everything I am and do. While to me, when you believe there is 1 Highest you are already moslim. The rest is free will and if someone wants to further align, a path to destiny. Just like other paradigms.

For me it was and is a logical thing to use the latest update on the biggest religion/lifestyle/spiritual rulings, and on earth thats islam.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Oops recalculated its more then 30 years ago. Damn im old.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I posted this in another thread but this happened to me today

I was in a chat room I frequent when I’m bored when I got into a conversation about Someone Christianity, we moved it to private message...he started telling me Jesus was savior and Jews were accursed and they were evil, Kabbalah was evil. Then he said that the Jews wanted a murderer as king

Trying to interject some logic I go...wtf are you talking about, what exactly does the church say Jesus will do to billions of people? He says well he will burn them in hell. I go isn’t that murder?

he then replies, yes but Jesus is holy and just. At that point I said to myself this guys too brainwashed....the conversation actually started with academic facts about how the crucifixion and trial of Jesus was likely made up...

in the end I just couldn’t get anything through...

as A kid I remember that being religious was normal, now with the internet and science and knowledge becomes easier to access we as a people are moving on beyond these silly superstitions of God sitting in a cloud burning people forever

I just hope we find a replacement and deeper meaning to life and deeper love of God not based on fear

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Mider to be honest, every religion starts out with 1 man fighting against the establishment and then as counter the establishment creates false stories and after a few generations people start believing the stories.

If you want more, you really need to look into you and work with your own godspark. And then it doesnt matter anymore. The spirits you meet are already aligned with your godspark.

On the other hand, i have the same itch. Religion also brought good things, but when thinking with a clear mind AND heart i know deism is the ultimate form for this era we are now at. What the generations after us will do and if it becomes a new religion i dont know.

But you are here and more are here, be you.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Mider to be honest, every religion starts out with 1 man fighting against the establishment and then as counter the establishment creates false stories and after a few generations people start believing the stories.

If you want more, you really need to look into you and work with your own godspark. And then it doesnt matter anymore. The spirits you meet are already aligned with your godspark.

On the other hand, i have the same itch. Religion also brought good things, but when thinking with a clear mind AND heart i know deism is the ultimate form for this era we are now at. What the generations after us will do and if it becomes a new religion i dont know.

But you are here and more are here, be you.
Religion should teach people ethics and guide us not cause us to act dumb, just my opinion

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have the same opinion. Only thing is when you are for example greedy you will look at and use religion in such a manner. When you are loving and caring you look at and use religion in such a manner. So in the end it is about how each person looks at it and uses it. Why do you think the rich sit in front of the church? And the clergy likes the powerplay of fucking church boys? It is how they are. Now go fear and bow to my god, thats what the humans like in those positions.

Imho each should listen to their own godhead and find their own connections with the divine. It is one of the reasons why back in the beginning days of islam there was no clergy and until this day mosques are not the house of god, like a church, but a place of congregation. Even in arabic, the day moslims go to mosque (friday) is called the day of gathering. While all other days of the week are named after numbers, with sunday as day 1.

For me the ethics of islam are quite important, but with the rise of worldpolitics in islam i had to go a different route. Every fuking imam or sufi saint i encountered told me to go clean and cook because im a woman. While one of the biggies in islam used to be the freedom of women in all areas of life. The oldest university was set up by a woman and now the spirits there put you in lock down if you dont follow their protocols. It makes me angry. It says in the qoran humans are to rule earth and men and women are created equal. Most of the time when i say that i get hit hard and put away in a dark place in the astral.

Your thoughts on ethics and religion are good ones, but are you.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I posted this in another thread but this happened to me today

I was in a chat room I frequent when I’m bored when I got into a conversation about Someone Christianity, we moved it to private message...he started telling me Jesus was savior and Jews were accursed and they were evil, Kabbalah was evil. Then he said that the Jews wanted a murderer as king

Trying to interject some logic I go...wtf are you talking about, what exactly does the church say Jesus will do to billions of people? He says well he will burn them in hell. I go isn’t that murder?

he then replies, yes but Jesus is holy and just. At that point I said to myself this guys too brainwashed....the conversation actually started with academic facts about how the crucifixion and trial of Jesus was likely made up...

in the end I just couldn’t get anything through...

as A kid I remember that being religious was normal, now with the internet and science and knowledge becomes easier to access we as a people are moving on beyond these silly superstitions of God sitting in a cloud burning people forever

I just hope we find a replacement and deeper meaning to life and deeper love of God not based on fear
Man, at that level of religious fundamentalism it just seems like a huge oxymoron. What did Jesus say over and over again in so many different ways, as basically the main overarching message? Don’t be a dick! Just…don’t be a dick to people, forgive others and don’t let hate or grudges stay with you. Love thy neighbor, etc. And what do these people do? Literally the opposite.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I have the same opinion. Only thing is when you are for example greedy you will look at and use religion in such a manner. When you are loving and caring you look at and use religion in such a manner. So in the end it is about how each person looks at it and uses it. Why do you think the rich sit in front of the church? And the clergy likes the powerplay of fucking church boys? It is how they are. Now go fear and bow to my god, thats what the humans like in those positions.

Imho each should listen to their own godhead and find their own connections with the divine. It is one of the reasons why back in the beginning days of islam there was no clergy and until this day mosques are not the house of god, like a church, but a place of congregation. Even in arabic, the day moslims go to mosque (friday) is called the day of gathering. While all other days of the week are named after numbers, with sunday as day 1.

For me the ethics of islam are quite important, but with the rise of worldpolitics in islam i had to go a different route. Every fuking imam or sufi saint i encountered told me to go clean and cook because im a woman. While one of the biggies in islam used to be the freedom of women in all areas of life. The oldest university was set up by a woman and now the spirits there put you in lock down if you dont follow their protocols. It makes me angry. It says in the qoran humans are to rule earth and men and women are created equal. Most of the time when i say that i get hit hard and put away in a dark place in the astral.

Your thoughts on ethics and religion are good ones, but are you.
Absolutely. Even early on before all of Europe was fully Christianized, a lot of monarchs converting to Christianity weren’t doing it out of genuine faith. They were doing it for political gain, and for the connections over in Rome to help secure their power.

Wait, so it actually does say in the qoran that women are equal? Damn, how’d they fuck something like that up so badly.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
For me it was and is a logical thing to use the latest update on the biggest religion/lifestyle/spiritual rulings

Every fuking imam or sufi saint i encountered told me to go clean and cook because im a woman. While one of the biggies in islam used to be
Wouldn't you consider that an update?
Not to be funny, but your choice of the word update immediately makes me think of how every new version of Windows or Android cuts some features that i like or completely changes the way to access them (almost always for the worse).
In my opinion islam is a reaction to people's freedom, and - to make it political - it's very telling that the eurocentric parties ("the left") are so fond of it.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Well, its my own struggle from a feminist upbringing (my mum was part of the creation of d66, a left wing political party) to housewife. So its complex and personal. As a kid i had to do boy stuff, which i liked, but wasnt allowed feminine things. Even till this day pink disgusts me. (strange how such things work in life).

So it is not so much the fact that i need to go look in the kitchen for female info, its the fact that these men believe its the only place for a woman. And that annoys me a lot.

I think that the picture of islam with a decent wife who is at home with the kids and a husband who provides and gives shelter (whether this picture is true or false) is a reaction to what has become the norm: everybody works and the kids go to kindergarten. If thats eurocentric idk. We had the '80 were managers were invented and everyone went for money.

Also if you look dutch politics and you hear a politician say mmmm, maybe we took feminism to far and lost something good. Not even saying women stay at home, but implying that we as humans in the west might have done something that wasnt so smart. And that that politician got called a nazi rat and his party got almost destroyed due to that. After that day i had enough (and that has to do with my alignments in life.). If even a political puppet cant play that point of view anymore, why the hell should i???

So is this upgrade a downgrade? Probably, the world for sure makes it look and feel that way.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
@Scottish_Pride: fucking things up is easy, we're human remember. And the qoran was used like the latin bible. Educated people understood. the rest just sings the texts, as the qoran is written in rhyme and remembered tru repetition and old school hit the kid when he, she, it, makes a mistake. In the last decennia it has become more normal to use translations. But then again these need to be approved by saudi clergy and well you get the drift. Saudi Arabia might have mecca, but their form of islam is actually a minority. Their entitlement, due to mecca being in their country, is annoyying to many.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Man, at that level of religious fundamentalism it just seems like a huge oxymoron. What did Jesus say over and over again in so many different ways, as basically the main overarching message? Don’t be a dick! Just…don’t be a dick to people, forgive others and don’t let hate or grudges stay with you. Love thy neighbor, etc. And what do these people do? Literally the opposite.
the Guy was brainwashed, I’ve met Christians who think biology is a lie so evolution is a lie.

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Through reading the comments, I have come to note one common factor about the experiences noted in Christianity and with Christian people. It is that we either never were truly born again or we met people who weren't truly born again.

You see, in every magical practice, there is evocation and invocation based activities. Christianity is basically invocation, evocation & sacrifice. Without these three, then I'd say that person is an arm chair Christian.

We have come to identify what a Christian is based on our 'own ideas and experiences' and have totally phased out God. Christianity will always be here, but a Christianity that doesn't have Christ is literally everywhere. Are we referring to Christians based on ideas and experiences with humans who are hardly Christ or are we referring to Christians who actually have the Holy Spirit and are genuinely born again? Though there are approximately 2 billion Christians worldwide, there are far far less who really are Christians. The majority practice a dead art. I believe based on the posts in this thread that the majority of us have come from 'dead art Christianity'.

What happens after 'dead art' Christianity? More 'dead art' Christianity and more confusion. Can I get an 'AMEN'! Lol.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Through reading the comments, I have come to note one common factor about the experiences noted in Christianity and with Christian people. It is that we either never were truly born again or we met people who weren't truly born again.

You see, in every magical practice, there is evocation and invocation based activities. Christianity is basically invocation, evocation & sacrifice. Without these three, then I'd say that person is an arm chair Christian.

We have come to identify what a Christian is based on our 'own ideas and experiences' and have totally phased out God. Christianity will always be here, but a Christianity that doesn't have Christ is literally everywhere. Are we referring to Christians based on ideas and experiences with humans who are hardly Christ or are we referring to Christians who actually have the Holy Spirit and are genuinely born again? Though there are approximately 2 billion Christians worldwide, there are far far less who really are Christians. The majority practice a dead art. I believe based on the posts in this thread that the majority of us have come from 'dead art Christianity'.

What happens after 'dead art' Christianity? More 'dead art' Christianity and more confusion. Can I get an 'AMEN'! Lol.
Many religions are just clubs, personally I’m glad I left christianity

though i must say Christianity does have a lot of mystical aspects...people in the Orthodox Church and Catholics can be deeply mystical and open to visions

having listened to exorcists n monks it’s interesting how mystical they truly are

but as you mentioned some churches throw out mystical stuff and people go there just to fit in etc

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm sure most will have heard of the Malachy list of popes at one time. Whether or not you believe the list to be a hoax, just a fun story, inaccurate or a conspiracy – the question that's been on my mind for some time is: What will fill the vacuum if Christianity disappears?

I live in a western "judeo-christian" society where people are pretty much free to do whatever they want to as long as it doesn't harm others. Atheists or those who oppose "God" are just as free to express their ideas as others, and I sometimes think about who or what they would start opposing once "God" has left the scene.

What's your take?
As a protestant, I will be more than fine without the Pope ;)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
More 'dead art' Christianity and more confusion. Can I get an 'AMEN'! Lol.
Amen was an Egyptian god, that as I recall, was cast out into the desert by his peers. He went into hiding and his priests then declared he was the hidden god - and therefore special. Such is the nature of human religion