• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What the actual fuck did I read in another thread just now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"it's pretty condescending to think we need what amounts to a trigger warning on this or that poster." - the "trigger warning" was actually more for the benefit of wildchildx11 than you or anyone else.
Rest of the points I am with you about this issue Lazarus, but I don't know about the spesific one I commented. Would you explain to me why would this be benefical?

I have to admit I made this thread in a lot of anger. I should have just carried the issue to SkullTraill in dm's and see what would come up with. So its kinda two-faced of me to say I am not sure about this, but yeah I am hesitant to copy paste what you wrote above following this person everywhere.

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Didn't WildChix walk back the remarks in a later post?

In any case, it's pretty condescending to think we need what amounts to a trigger warning on this or that poster. The readership here is intelligent enough to form their own judgments without some self-appointed Mrs. Doubtfire nanny-nattering, "Don't look children, shoo! shoo!"

I mean why not do this for every poster here: take the most damning thing each of us ever posted and hang that Scarlet Letter round our in-forum neck for all time?
It is not "nannying" to not want to be assailed by someone's unpleasant, unrequested, psychiatric scrawls, anymore than it would be to tell a boorish drunk at a dinner party "We don't do that sort of thing here".

There are online platforms where anarchy reigns. Nobody of quality engages with them. It's not asking for much to require a little self-discipline and order in one's interactions. You'd do well to remember that too sometimes.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Someone states that they are "cool with" harming a baby. A person doesn't fucking misspeak that shit.

Sadly, it is looking like I, along with others will be leaving if you are allowed to stay. Some lines are just fucking crossed that you can't come back from.
You can go ahead and leave. I've explained that my comment came from a lack of understanding, discipline and maturity, which I realized is something I need to work on. I didn't properly explain what I meant, posted without thinking, accepted my responsibility and mistake numerous times, took steps to change.

I've said it before, like 10 times, I wouldn't hurt a baby, people have their own bias and aren't properly reading posts because it allows them to feel justified, it's from an ego. I don't need to take it on that ego. I'm taking action but it's for me, not to appease you, I'm not going to say it again because change comes with action.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I don’t see what the big deal is, we’ve got people regularly posting here who glorify a regime that put kids in gas chambers and no one seems to mind
I made a comment without thinking that I didn't properly clarify and was taken way out of context, took it back, I regret making the comment but it made me realize I need to take things seriously and make change. I'm not going to be making change to appease the forum, I'm satisfied with the changes I'm making on myself, I'm able to forgive myself for the comment because I am making changes but those changes are from me. In a way, I'm glad I made the comment because it made me realize things I need to work on.

Change comes with me. Part of the changes I'm making is detachment from my emotions to build maturity instead of reacting towards them.

I don't agree with the belief that a comment I shouldn't have made, needs to be held over you for the remainder of your life. On some level, I realize that I'm not the only one on this forum that needs to work on themselves. I'm able to take back my comment and learn from my mistakes, and use them to improve myself.

It's just people moral grasping for something that makes them feel superior and justified for the sake of being angry.

Reaction score
Awards
Isn't it enough that the OP apologized and is taking steps to change? There is a bit of bullying occurring here.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think this thread has run it's course.

@Wildchildx11 you can clearly see the general consensus about you here. I know you know what you need to do now to piece together something that could potentially resemble a reputation. I know you know that if you keep up your old habits and disruptions you will be ejected from this community. So stop talking about changing, and actually change, and you'll be fine. Or else you'll be banned and nobody will be sad.

@All: I've said this before, but I'll say it again. WF will never be bullied by some 170-post-ass delulu-melon self-important member who threatens "I'll leave if X person is allowed to stay". WF will never sway to the whims of a small vocal minority of members who ostensibly only contribute some minor casual chatter sprinkled with the occasional occult sideline commentary.

You wanna leave? You don't have to announce it. Log off, buddy. Close your eyes. Change your password to a 256 character long random string and forget it. WF exists for everyone more than it exists for one person.

That doesn't mean disruptions will be allowed to exist forever, nor does it mean we'll start talking about eating baby eyeballs in every thread... but if you're to fragile to let things be handled the way they need to be handled for WF to follow it's mission, then WF isn't the place for you. Especially given tools like the ability to block/ignore members, report posts, make suggestions, and even (to a reasonable extent) vent your frustrations - like this thread was allowed to do.

Close your eyes forever, bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.