• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's after death?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
If what I am understanding is true. Then I/you are definition to existence. And belief is all. If I cease to believe in the material realm at all. Then it will cease to exist.
Post automatically merged:

We do that by stopping to react to it. And not following survival instinct.
Please assure me you are not in the infantry. That you do not drive a car either. "Belief is all" is a piece of irresponsible New Agey nonsense, true across none of the Nine Worlds.

And yet any number of cases have occurred with clinical death and no brain activity, followed by resuscitation where the person can describe what was said and done in the operating theater while they were dead. Often their view was from up at the ceiling

The morning after her death in another country, my mother arrived in my house. The first thing she said to me was: It is just as you said - all about energy.

When she was alive she said I was weird. It seems she changed her mind as soon as she was dead
Has she been in touch since? Graham Greene has a very unsettling short story where the mind survives bodily death, but only for a limited span.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Has she been in touch since?

I spoke with her periodically over several years. She saw little of my father after he died. He was in a mainly male group - learning relationship on the astral plane

Her mental plane group, mainly female, was dealing with planetary energies

I can still contact her but there is no obvious need

Once I regressed to some years before my birth in this life. As I came forward to 18 months before birth I suddenly said out loud: It's not my turn!

I was not pleased about being born into an unsuitable world.

Was that mind operating long before conception?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I spoke with her periodically over several years. She saw little of my father after he died. He was in a mainly male group - learning relationship on the astral plane

Her mental plane group, mainly female, was dealing with planetary energies

I can still contact her but there is no obvious need

Once I regressed to some years before my birth in this life. As I came forward to 18 months before birth I suddenly said out loud: It's not my turn!

I was not pleased about being born into an unsuitable world.

Was that mind operating long before conception?
Good. Continuity was the question.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I know it's not popular in occult circles, but I believe that the mind is a kind of software which needs a brain to 'run on'. So I don't think there is an afterlife. My research has led me to some mad speculation about Near Death Experiences, but ultimately I believe that without a brain, the mind just vanishes.
I think one of the greatest illusions is identifying yourself by your mind, which is a tool, instead of your being.

epsilon

Neophyte
Reaction score
Its crazy to me that people still think that the brain is the source of the mind. But I've been disconnected from society at large for a decade.

I'm an Engineer, and my scientific training has lead me to understand the brain and senses as refining mechanisms if anything. There's much more light, sound, and elements for us to interact with, all our senses and brain do is make sure that we only receive input from some of them. Without these limiters, we receive it all.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
A woman I mentioned on another thread was prone to chant religious nursery rhymes taught by her father.

One time I asked her to step outside her lightbody and look at the elemental of her brain and ask it who it belonged to.

The brain elemental said it belonged to her father.

It took her some months before it agreed it belonged to her.

A difficulty was that every time she chanted the father's religious rhymes, the brain elemental returned its allegiance to her father

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I do not agree with Robert Ramsay on this. But his point cannot be dismissed with cherry-picking anecdotes and pious protestations of "I believe in ..." It's good exercise for any would-be occultist to read and try to confute the most steadfast materialists he can find.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't know about the Afterlife. There's a big difference between Astral Travel and actually dying. I've seen a lot of NDE's but that does not mean anything. You're not dead to really dive deep over there. I believe this though, that depending on the level of Consciousness we perceive. We will integrate to Source again. I speak for myself on that. But, I don't know. I will find out when my time comes.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't know about the Afterlife. There's a big difference between Astral Travel and actually dying. I've seen a lot of NDE's but that does not mean anything. You're not dead to really dive deep over there. I believe this though, that depending on the level of Consciousness we perceive. We will integrate to Source again. I speak for myself on that. But, I don't know. I will find out when my time comes.
The Arcanus Ordo Nigri Solis has a practice called (unfortunately) Formula 1 that they claim both gives a glimpse into and influences one's state after death. Yeah, I know: how do they know? Still it's worth a look. You can download a PDF from
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I do the practice. About all I can say thus far is that it's a good state from which to meet death, something along the lines of the Stoic "apathia."

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The simple rule of thumb may be that after death you rise up through the energies to be with your own kind.

These can roughly be distinguished as those that cannot control:

- physical desires (money, sex, power)

- emotions (pushing and pulling on those around)

- mental processes (rigid false beliefs, external domination of thoughts, misunderstanding Reality)

There are exceptions for some newly posted spirits still learning how to be human. Those get quickly tipped back into human bodies so that they can get on with their tasks

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'd call that a reasonable guess. Just a guess; but highly reasonable. Impeccably reasonable, but still a guess.

I'd call that a reasonable guess. Just a guess; but highly reasonable. Impeccably reasonable, but still a guess.

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
still a guess.

My comment was based partly on my post-mortem observation of some people I knew well

For example I saw my father after he died in a mainly male astral group learning relationship. That seemed a good idea

My mother was in a higher mental group (mainly female) learning management of planetary meridians

Women may be better in system-level contexts - having practiced on human families

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
My comment was based partly on my post-mortem observation of some people I knew well

For example I saw my father after he died in a mainly male astral group learning relationship. That seemed a good idea

My mother was in a higher mental group (mainly female) learning management of planetary meridians

Women may be better in system-level contexts - having practiced on human families
I like what you pointed out Roma! I think there must be an afterlife. Or God made all He created for nothing?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Not to worry. I hope you are right. And you strike me sincere enough.

I like what you pointed out Roma! I think there must be an afterlife. Or God made all He created for nothing?
Quoth Serrano from Chile, a bit of a mage in his own right, something like: "Mankind has no destiny. Only some men do: to recover lost divinity."

A pretty strong argument can be made that most of the Old Testament has no belief in an afterlife. (Schopenhauer said it is this that made the book a rarity in its times.) The Romans (as many ancients) seem to have held that the soul of most of us become a sort of spiritual compost for future births. A very few attain something better. The rest get recycled. The fact that I, you, most of us do not get an afterlife (most likely) does not mean the world was created "for nothing." It was simply not created for our convenience. The gods have their own agendas, to which we are bit players. Which is why there is magick: to influence the game in one's favor.

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Only some men do: to recover lost divinity.
In my observation the standard design human contains a thread of Beingness, from before and after Existence.

Even the term "divinity" pales in the context of Beingness

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
most of the Old Testament has no belief in an afterlife.
Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, & 10 Jewish Publication Society Tanakh (1999 edition) "5 since the living know that they will die. But the dead know nothing; they have no more recompense, for even the memory of them has died. 6 Their loves, their hates, their jealousies have long since perished; and they have no more share till the end of time in all that goes on under the sun. ... 10 Whatever it is in your power to do, do with all your might. for there is no action, no reasoning, no learning, no wisdom in Sheol, where you are going."

Psalm 6:5 KJV "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"

The common Christian argument is that Jesus' death changed all of that. Talk of resurrection is not to be found in the older books of the Tanakh, so apparently Persian, Greek, Egyptian, and Roman religious influences affected what was eventually to become the Christian Gospels and NT.

Personally, I believe that there is anecdotal evidence that the physical body is a shell and a vehicle for a "soul." It is pointless to argue the point either way (unless one just likes arguments).

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, & 10 Jewish Publication Society Tanakh (1999 edition) "5 since the living know that they will die. But the dead know nothing; they have no more recompense, for even the memory of them has died. 6 Their loves, their hates, their jealousies have long since perished; and they have no more share till the end of time in all that goes on under the sun. ... 10 Whatever it is in your power to do, do with all your might. for there is no action, no reasoning, no learning, no wisdom in Sheol, where you are going."

Psalm 6:5 KJV "For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"

The common Christian argument is that Jesus' death changed all of that. Talk of resurrection is not to be found in the older books of the Tanakh, so apparently Persian, Greek, Egyptian, and Roman religious influences affected what was eventually to become the Christian Gospels and NT.

Personally, I believe that there is anecdotal evidence that the physical body is a shell and a vehicle for a "soul." It is pointless to argue the point either way (unless one just likes arguments).
The New Testament is the Long Island Iced Tea of religious doctrines. Several potentcies (sic?) in one potion.

In my observation the standard design human contains a thread of Beingness, from before and after Existence.

Even the term "divinity" pales in the context of Beingness
Could be. Could likewise be ol' Kant was nearer the mark: "Wo die Begriffe fehlt, dann stellt man sich zur rechten Zeit ein Wort vor." Roughly, "Where understanding falters one can always coin a word."

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"Where understanding falters one can always coin a word."

Where the English language lacks metaphysical terms to describe my experiences, I make up the terms.

Hindu is much better at describing Reality