• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] When not to do magick

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
Despite parasites or imposter spirits, when not to do magick, or what reasons not to do magick exist?

I'm not a fan of "prayer power" anymore.
I'm more of a fan of low Magick these days.
Or even priestly magick, given an incorrupt religion behind it.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
given an incorrupt religion behind it.
Religions aren't corrupt, it's the people behind them that are corrupt.

So, safe to say that there is no "incorrupt religion", as they all have humans in them and specially in positions of power of said religion.

I'm more of a fan of low Magick these days.
So, more of the "nature's power" and herbs then?Something that requires less(less, not none) preparation and tools?

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Religions aren't corrupt, it's the people behind them that are corrupt.
If you cherry pick. For example the bible is full of mysogyny and homophobia.

what reasons not to do magick exist?
There's plenty. I mean you have a life to live.

I had this friend once who allowed his life to get ruined by a Ouija board. He literally stayed up all night, every night talking to the damn thing. It got to the point where he quit showering and washing his clothes, his girlfriend left him and he lost his job and house.

The point is you need to find a balance between doing magick and taking care of yourself.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
For example the bible is full of mysogyny and homophobia.
I know, but the Bible was written by men, not deities or angels or etc.
Men, seeking to use supernatural excuses as to why they "should lord over their peers" and why "others should suffer/be subservient to them".

I, personally, don't like the concept of religion in general(the structure of religion with hierarchies of people, buildings and such), and do have issues with the Abrahamic ones, but at the end of the day their rules and holy books were written by men.Greedy, petty, power-hungry men, using the fear of the unknown to dominate others by talking of the reward of a paradise or the punishment of eternal damnation.

It's the same with politics.In itself it should be just a tool to organize great numbers of people through laws, rules and communication.A good thing.

But the ones giving voice to it end up corrupted by the power given to them.

At the end of the day the issue is with the people.

Ouija board
I thought people knew to not mess with those, specially if one knows not what they're doing?
The best form of magic is using the mundane & turning it into magic: it’s extremely potent
Cardistry and calisthenics/street workout comes to mind.
Both are just skills that one can develop through training, but to those that do not train or do not know, it seems like something "surreal".

Even illusionism is the same.People know that there is a lot of sleight of hand, gadgets and angles, and yet they go wide eyed whenever "magic" happens in front of them.

There is even a subreddit about something like that on Reddit.I think it is r/blackmagicfuckery(it isn't NSFW), there are many videos there of people seemingly doing amazing things, but all of them are of either due to acquired skills or plain science(mostly chemistry).

Reaction score
Awards
Fuego, there is alot of historical precedent for priests using magick. The Jesuits are Known for spiritual practices that build power or can be used for a goal.

Hell I think the author's of the Goetia handed down to us today were probably priests.

As far as corrupt religions, guys come on people's values change over time. Misogyny and homophobia were widely accepted in the past. Doesn't mean its a corrupt faith it just means our values are changing.

Nothing wrong with low magic either Fuego, if it's getting results.

As far as when not to do magic, when you are off balance, when you have little belief it will work, when your mind and emotions are in turmoil. Then I'd stay away from magick in practice.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
I know, but the Bible was written by men, not deities or angels or etc.
Men, seeking to use supernatural excuses as to why they "should lord over their peers" and why "others should suffer/be subservient to them".

I, personally, don't like the concept of religion in general(the structure of religion with hierarchies of people, buildings and such), and do have issues with the Abrahamic ones, but at the end of the day their rules and holy books were written by men.Greedy, petty, power-hungry men, using the fear of the unknown to dominate others by talking of the reward of a paradise or the punishment of eternal damnation.

It's the same with politics.In itself it should be just a tool to organize great numbers of people through laws, rules and communication.A good thing.

But the ones giving voice to it end up corrupted by the power given to them.

At the end of the day the issue is with the people.

I thought people knew to not mess with those, specially if one knows not what they're doing?

Cardistry and calisthenics/street workout comes to mind.
Both are just skills that one can develop through training, but to those that do not train or do not know, it seems like something "surreal".

Even illusionism is the same.People know that there is a lot of sleight of hand, gadgets and angles, and yet they go wide eyed whenever "magic" happens in front of them.

There is even a subreddit about something like that on Reddit.I think it is r/blackmagicfuckery(it isn't NSFW), there are many videos there of people seemingly doing amazing things, but all of them are of either due to acquired skills or plain science(mostly chemistry).
I was confused on what you meant. Thanks for clearing that up. I totally agree.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Misogyny and homophobia were widely accepted in the past. Doesn't mean its a corrupt faith it just means our values are changing.
Misogyny and homophobia is still going strong in the Bible belt. Plus it's like half of the United States is conservative so it's safe to assume they believe in those traditional homophobic, transphobic, mysogynistic and racist values because they vote for are like that.

I would say at least half the world is going backwards in time with their beliefs.

Reaction score
Awards
Why is the world going backward in your opinion?
It's not like it's the desired solution for all, otherwise conservatives wouldn't have such an issue with it.
The thing is though ... What skeletons are in each conservatives closet?
Now if we can quit straying off topic, that would be cool.

Reaction score
Awards
Fuego, there is alot of historical precedent for priests using magick. The Jesuits are Known for spiritual practices that build power or can be used for a goal.

Hell I think the author's of the Goetia handed down to us today were probably priests.

As far as corrupt religions, guys come on people's values change over time. Misogyny and homophobia were widely accepted in the past. Doesn't mean its a corrupt faith it just means our values are changing.

Nothing wrong with low magic either Fuego, if it's getting results.

As far as when not to do magic, when you are off balance, when you have little belief it will work, when your mind and emotions are in turmoil. Then I'd stay away from magick in practice.
Well, I asked myself three close-ended questions:
Is my life better with Magick? No.
Is my life better without Magick? No.
Then, does Magick have anything to do with quality of my life? Unknown.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, I asked myself three close-ended questions:
Is my life better with Magick? No.
Is my life better without Magick? No.
Then, does Magick have anything to do with quality of my life? Unknown.
Those are honest questions. If this isn't fullfilling you or uplifting you or making your life a better place to be then perhaps it's time to move on. Or take a break or just be an occult enthusiast. Like an armchair magician.

Reaction score
Awards
Or some asshole has been standing in my way because it's humorous to it.

I have no desire to be Mmacy Drew solving the case of the spiritual asshole.

I guess the the world is simply and sadly a reality not to my benefit.

Reaction score
Awards
Have you heard a song that goes something like this It's no surprise to me I am my own worst enemy, cuz every now and and then I kick the living shit of me. Please tell me, please tell me why..."

Reaction score
Awards
My point bro was were all our own worst enemies. That's our shadow biting us in the ass. The parts of ourselves we reject, push away and partition off from our waking minds. This is where shadow work like Qlippoth initiation really really helps. It did for me anyway

Reaction score
Awards
If the devil is the problem, why go to the devil? Why not pursue church or some shit instead though?

I'm glad it works for all of you, but this no longer has bearing on why it doesn't work.

Maybe, maybe you're right. Maybe not.

My point is I am short on cares, and am highly dissatisfied with the bullshit bait.

Speaking of cares, my family is now moving quickly away from me. Yeah, who cares.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I say, we do Magick even if we are not doing it. Even when you sleep at night. You're doing some work when your Soul leaves at night when you are not aware of it. Magick is everywhere, and even this mundane world is Magickal. You just need to look closer.