• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] When not to do magick

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
The quality of the GD only lasted a few years. Initially they had instructors that could inspect visualisations. Within a decade they no longer could do that
I didn't know that. You know an orders fates and fortunes really do come down to having quality, experienced instructors.

Reaction score
Awards
It also doesn't help that critics have never seriously tried to work "The Golden Dawn" as a grimoire in its own right, having read it several times cover to cover.

Every critic I've met seems to fit the bill above.

Reaction score
Awards
It also doesn't help that critics have never seriously tried to work "The Golden Dawn" as a grimoire in its own right, having read it several times cover to cover.

Every critic I've met seems to fit the bill above.
How good did it work out for you. Fuego this is another situation of you believing that everyone else is wrong and you must be right. You've got to stop that it's irritating and arrogant. The rest of us that give no mind to the GD teachings did so because those teachings lack merit and do not build strong practioners

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It also doesn't help that critics have never seriously tried to work "The Golden Dawn" as a grimoire in its own right, having read it several times cover to cover
Are you talking about Regardies book which he just copy pasted Whare-Ra temples material, which wasn't Mathers', but an offshoot, with a spice of modern psychology in it? Why should anyone?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
do not build strong practioners
It is very rare to find spiritual organizations that grow effective replacements to the founders. This indicates that the organizations are incomplete in practice and teaching.

Also most such organizations are products of the times - and the times do not last long

Reaction score
Awards
It is very rare to find spiritual organizations that grow effective replacements to the founders. This indicates that the organizations are incomplete in practice and teaching.

Also most such organizations are products of the times - and the times do not last long
I totally agree, your insights are on point my friend

Reaction score
Awards
I'm at a point now, seeing and hearing enough; that it is not a point 9f when to not to do magick, rather what prevents us from doing effective Magick as we do magick when we need it to work.

Reaction score
Awards
Fuck it. I'm sticking to the GD.

At least I will have honestly said I did read it cover to cover until I knew it, treated it as a grimoire in its own right, and reaped or did not reap rewards.
Do you man just have the courtesy to not have fucking meltdowns all over public forums when the shit doesn't go the way you think it should. If you're right and we're not fuck it! Go hard. But suffer in silence for a change when you keep getting what you've always gotten from it. You're call bro

Reaction score
Awards
Do you man just have the courtesy to not have fucking meltdowns all over public forums when the shit doesn't go the way you think it should. If you're right and we're not fuck it! Go hard. But suffer in silence for a change when you keep getting what you've always gotten from it. You're call bro
Fine. Won't ask anyone anything :)

Reaction score
Awards
It just seems to me that ... Never mind, doesnt matter does it?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
copy pasted Whare-Ra temples material
It is a curious thing that Felkin maintained that Havelock North, a tiny New Zealand town, was more important than London and moved his GD group there.

I had some slight contact with that group about 1982. They were ok but I was a little disappointed in their apparently limited ability to connect to stellar flows.

Reaction score
Awards
Dude people that know you sometimes get frustrated because it's like watching a cyclic cycle of failure, frustration, self loathing and doubt that borders on madness
Gee, I'm sorry..imagine how it must feel being the central figure in the midst.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I'm forging ahead in silence the way it's supposed to be.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
At least I will have honestly said I did read it cover to cover until I knew it, treated it as a grimoire in its own right, and reaped or did not reap rewards.
Howcome? You never passed beyond the Neophyte. How can you claim you really know it? If reading alone was good enough, academics would be walking on water right now?

I guess I would be a little tilted myself if some people came and told me how outdated Bardon is currently. Which is the truth. Bardons stuff is outdated. It still works, turned me from a bratty child to a confident guy who is living an OK life. Golden Dawn methods could actually do the same, you are the broken record here, not Golden Dawn or anything else.

Never mind, doesnt matter does it?
Well it doesn't matter when you don't listen bro. Thowing a hissy fit every week telling how bad your condition is yet religiously defending something that hasn't worked for years. Mate a normal person would be at 4=7 in the same timeframe. You are 0=0.

Why do I even bother? You are not gonna listen anyways. I am out of here.