• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] When not to do magick

Someone's asking for help!

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Then, does Magick have anything to do with quality of my life? Unknown.
At this point I think you could see magic(k) as a DLC to your game(life).

It's something you don't need in order to complete the game, you just "bought" it because something of it enticed you enough to give a try.

And DLCs usually aren't about changing the game, but your perception of it.Because at the end of the day, perception is what will make you see the glass either half full or half empty.

ps: If this seems to be worded weirdly, it is because of my ADHD.

Reaction score
Awards
I do appreciate the input. Don't get me wrong. You know me however, how long have I been at this?

Reaction score
Awards
I say, we do Magick even if we are not doing it. Even when you sleep at night. You're doing some work when your Soul leaves at night when you are not aware of it. Magick is everywhere, and even this mundane world is Magickal. You just need to look closer.
We constantly create our own experience. We are author of our story and captain of our ship..

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
If the devil is the problem, why go to the devil? Why not pursue church or some shit instead though?

I'm glad it works for all of you, but this no longer has bearing on why it doesn't work.

Maybe, maybe you're right. Maybe not.

My point is I am short on cares, and am highly dissatisfied with the bullshit bait.

Speaking of cares, my family is now moving quickly away from me. Yeah, who cares.
Seems like you are having a break down. I'm sorry you are going through these tough times. But, don't give up (take a short break) but don't give up.

I haven't Astral Projected in a long time, and that is one of my goals, to achieve this. And, I am not going to give up on it. It's important to me. So, I decided to do some goals in order to help me on my path. Maybe, if you can somehow take a break, and when you do so, set some goals on what you are trying to achieve with Magick.

Reaction score
Awards
Fuego everyone even on balg has been telling you for the better part of a year to take a break bro.

Now I ask are you wiser or more insightful than the rest of your peers collectively? Come on man writing is in the wall. Take a break bro.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Why is the world going backward in your opinion?
We need to develop empathy for each other. This is fundamental for those who strive to understand the all and experience God/ess consciousness. I personally think this is our key to evolution as a species and without empathy we're doomed.

Reaction score
Awards
Okay. So have we come closer by showing our opinions down each other's throats?
I can tell you Christian Conservatives, by and large have not.
Our best Christian contribution was the Liberal Catholic Church. Not sure if it still exists.
Most churches in Ann Arbor MI are throwing out signs to welcome LGBTQ stuff, to show them Christ welcomed all who came to him. Unlike Conservative Christians. Jews, or Muslims.

Reaction score
Awards
It seems to me that Magick is a last case solution, unless you are a regular practitioner.
It also seems toe that a person with their back to the wall will try nearly anything to turn the tables.
Unless they've been beaten into submission by the world at large, or capitalized competition for absolutely nothing.

Reaction score
Awards
Reposting locked thread.
I was happy to hear a friend gave up on magick, and gave me for thirty bucks the books I recommended now in my possession. Christopher, Regardie and Buckland.

On Magick is bullshit prove me wrong:
Not an invitation for spirits or parasites.
Logically help me break this down.
No matter what I do, nothing works. My life has become a pile of dung, with me the main feature.
I think back and can only remember being in my late 20s, making good.money, no worries, and a hot girl that loved me.
And in thirty years all deconstructed.
No joy or hope any longer.

So, trudge forward with what I know and be open to what I don't know?

Reaction score
Awards
The only way to know is to find out.

Also funny how many people don't want me practicing magic. It doesn't mean anything but that, they feel safe knowing or thinking that I've backed off of magic. Why? Control and domination. Sadly, this 53 yo fat white useless male is somehow a threat to others.

Reaction score
Awards
I would also venture to say that those who have not experienced adversity along the way have either been on magick with training wheels attached, or not really introduced to it.

The nature of Magick is to turn your life upside down, and shake you, until it realizes nothing will deter your persistence to know in order to whatever.

Reaction score
Awards
It seems to me that Magick is a last case solution, unless you are a regular practitioner.
It also seems toe that a person with their back to the wall will try nearly anything to turn the tables.
Unless they've been beaten into submission by the world at large, or capitalized competition for absolutely nothing.
Yes there is alot of desperation with dabblers in magic, sadly this desperation castrates the effectiveness of thier own work.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Do practitioners of Magick aspire to be as successful as AC? Perhaps better to choose a happier model. Try Dion Fortune

Reaction score
Awards
Israel Regardie 8s my first choice.

Crowley was his teacher. But Regardie was a follower yet not a follower. He stayed in service to the Light.

Reaction score
Awards
Hmm. Well, agree to disagree there mostly - the only part I agree to is the factor of making the secret public.

Then there would be a crowd wanting to burn him at the stake for withholding salacious info.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Regardie did nothing more than to muddy the waters of occultism in my.view
You know this could be applied to Golden Dawn folk in general. Seems to be a trope of late 19th/early 20th century from what I have seen. Pour anything and everything, basically. It isn't helping to Regardie that he was the student of Crowley, either.

Reaction score
Awards
You know this could be applied to Golden Dawn folk in general. Seems to be a trope of late 19th/early 20th century from what I have seen. Pour anything and everything, basically. It isn't helping to Regardie that he was the student of Crowley, either.
Absolutely the golden dawn was a farce. It was an order for rich socialites to dabble in the occult.