• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Why the LHP is considered "evil"?

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I'm sticking to the RHP whether people approve of it or not, as it's my choice,
Your words sound defensive to me, at least. It seems like you're attempting to deny to yourself that the opinions of other people matter to you. Whether we recognize it or not, everyone on this forum is a role model, a sympathetic or adverse mediator for imitation, for everyone else. By reading and commenting, we are subjecting our own opinions for scrutiny by others, but especially for our own internal doubts as we make value judgments between old and new thoughts. Now, of course, Jesus debated his opponents. A good debate or discussion can help one clarify what one really knows, and the practice with words is an excellent meditative exercise. The Areopagus where Paul gave his sermon as recorded in the book of Acts was a place for open debate, a pre-internet forum. From the record it is clear that many disagreed with Paul. He did not attempt to force them to change their minds by arguing harder.

The need to win people over to one side is important for me, as a Christian.
People were attracted to become followers of Christ by the example Jesus set. Only the apostate Church used force. I would argue that most of so-called Christendom never really converted but merely adopted the outward forms. John Dee's England is a good example of a land that belied its claim to be Christians. Furthermore, not everyone is suited to being a missionary. There is the monastic tradition of isolation and silence to work out one's own salvation or enlightenment. A blind man leading a blind man only leads to disaster. Anyway, these are my opinions, such as they are. :)

Yeah, I change views about as often as Grampa did his socks.
I used to think that only dead people couldn't change their minds about anything. I changed my mind on that, for now. 🧟‍♂️:LOL:
Post automatically merged:

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
  2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
  3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
  4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
  5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
  6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
  7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
  8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
  9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
These are all silly. It is crude binary level thinking which is laughably naive. Then again, maybe I'm just a different kind of fool, one who will attempt to explain a rather different point of view, thus:

1. Satan is the accuser.

9 But the devil answered and said before the Lord, “Does Job worship the Lord for nothing? 10 Have you not fenced around his things outside and the things inside his house? And everything that is around him outside, the works of his hands, you blessed, and you made his livestock numerous upon the earth. 11 But put forth your hand and destroy all that he has to see whether truly he will bless you to your face.” - Job 1, Lexham English Septuagint.​
1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. - Zechariah 3, English Standard Version.​
9 And the great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven saying: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down— he who accuses them day and night before our God. - Revelation 12, Berean Standard Bible​
2. Satan uses secret desire (called mimetic desire by René Girard) to create scandal.

4 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. - Genesis 3, ESV​
11 He said to him, “Who told you that you are naked? Unless you have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you ‘From this one alone, do not eat.’ ” - Genesis 3, LES (Nudity and scandal seem to be deeply linked among most races of mankind.)​
9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. - 1 Timothy 6, ESV (It is not riches themselves, but the desire for them which leads to scandal; a reminder to mages of advice against lusting for results.)​

3. Satan's kingdom requires the war of all against the one in order to propagate itself.

This is the Scapegoat mechanism to restore peace in a group of humans. As desires compete, accusations accumulate, and scandals multiply, tensions rise threatening a war of all against all. Then something rather interesting happens as lesser scandals merge into greater ones. What seemed to be the verge of societal breakdown becomes a war of all against one, the unanimity of all against a scapegoat. The guilt or innocence of the one isn't important so much as the outcome: a restoration of peace following the killing of the scapegoat. Girard explains that the seed of the next crisis is within the newly found period of peace. Thus, it is a never ending cycle, unless humans mature spiritually enough to recognize the cycles of mimetic desire.

Girard defines The Mimetic Cycle as a social "structure of crisis and collective lynching (murder). ... The initial proliferation of scandals leads sooner or later into an acute crisis at the climax of which unanimous violence is set off against the single victim, the victim finally selected by the entire community. This event reestablishes the former order or establishes a new one out of the old. Then the new order itself is destined someday to enter into crisis, and so on."

44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. - John 8, ESV​

Accusers can be liars. Remember the commandment, "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"? Here's what Girard says about John 8:44:

From the beginning [the devil] was a murderer.​
If readers do not find the mimetic cycle here, again it is because they do not understand it. They have the impression of an arbitrary, inexplicable rupture between this sentence and those that precede it. In reality the succession of themes is perfectly logical, corresponding to the stages of the mimetic cycle. John attributes the mimetic all-against-one to the devil because he already views him as the source of the desire responsible for scandals. He could just as well attribute the whole process to humans, and occasionally he does so.​
The text from John is a new definition, ultra-rapid but complete, of the mimetic cycle. In us and about us scandals proliferate; sooner or later they carry us along toward mimetic snowballing and the single victim mechanism. It makes us unknowingly the accomplices of unanimous murders, all the more deceived by the devil because we are not aware of our own complicity, which is not conscious of itself. We continue to imagine ourselves alien to all violence.​
From time to time people go all the way in accomplishing the desires of their satanic father and fall back into the single victim mechanism. At the moment when Jesus speaks the word on which we are commenting, the mechanism that formerly mobilized the Cainites against Abel and subsequently thousands of crowds against thousands of single victims is at the point of being repeated against him.​
Immediately after these fundamental assertions our text states that the devil "has nothing to do with the truth." What makes him our prince, or our "father," is false accusation, unjust condemnation of an innocent victim. It is not based on anything real or objective, but it succeeds no less in making itself unanimously convincing by virtue of violent contagion. The primary meaning of Satan in the Bible, we may recall, is the meaning found in the book of Job: the chief prosecuting magistrate, the prosecutor in a case at court.​
The devil is obviously untruthful, for if the persecutors understood the truth, the innocence of their victim, they could no longer get rid of their own violence at this victim's expense. The single victim mechanism only functions by means of the ignorance of those who keep it working. They believe they are supporting the truth when they are really living a lie. - I See Satan Fall Like Lightning, Girard​

Lest anyone thinks this exonerates Christendom, it does not. It surely condemns most people who call themselves "Christian" because, as Girard pointed out "we are not aware of our own complicity."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Not really defensive, just saying each person has the right to define their own path.
A friend of mine in my twenties debated with me the nine laws.
Most people are stupid even in forty years past HIV and fifty years past Genital Herpes..along with genital warts making a comeback, to give into hedonistic abandon. Past that, an assault charge and criminal record of caught for smashing someone's cheek is not terribly wise, etc.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Reality → Why the LHP is considered "evil"?
SUBTOPIC: Is there a relationship between the Left Hand Path (LHP) and Evil.
※→ et al,

(KEY CONCEPT)

Diluculo del Fuego →

"each person has the right to define their own path"​
(SHORT ANSWER)

NO! LHP vs RHP are human constructs. In the study of the supernatural, the spiritual, and/or the Forces of the Universe, it depends on which side of the mirror you gaze into. From some viewpoints, the RHP and the LHP are merely a difference in the magnitude of the ethics and morals in question. In the Abrahamic Religions, the Sixth Commandment is: Thou Shall Not Kill (or something to that effect). Yet, the Supreme Being destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. In the Battle of Jericho, the Supreme Being instructed the Biblical Leader Joshua was given the means by which to bring down the City Walls.

(COMMENT)

There are several aspects of contemporary "magic forces" or "supernatural powers" that appear opposite to it mirror image. White Magic vs Dark Magic is just one such

There is no real universally accepted definition to the Left Hand Path (LHP) {versus the Right Hand Path (RHP)}. It is the very rare Grimoire that actually defines them.

For those that engaged in the study of the Demonic side of magic have no doubt discovered that ALL magic and supernatural entities are derived from the very same source of power (according to which Grimoire the practitioner studies). AND - for the most part, Heavenly Angels and Hellish Devils did not exist prior to the division in Heaven. They were all one and the same.

Most Respectfully,
R

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I am not sure definitions (defining limits) are particularly useful in dealing with cosmic Reality.

My human view is bottom up and very different from the top down view of my higher self that is outside this universe and timeline

It seems that my higher self, doubting my human potential, has put down a myriad lines of light into various galaxies and species. Such redundancy allows my humanness to take many lifetimes to get its act together

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not surprised; the majority of "Satanists" are in a form of exotic sleep.

In my personal experience, there are a few Satanists (all of them "Traditional") who do the hard work of realising their potential. The rest, if they're not in a fan-club for dead men or below-average-intelligence anti-socials, are devoted to the same beliefs as the host society, often more aggressively defending those beliefs and with considerably uglier aesthetics than "normies". They can be big and brave when blaspheming against dead ideas but offer them a heresy against a living idea (say, by questioning whether all people truly have "equal worth") and they respond like the puppets they are.

A good indication that someone is on the LHP is if they're able to entertain any question or idea on its own terms. If they can't entertain an idea without getting upset, they're being controlled by something.
Remember the old flick "Spawn"? The fat li'l demon who sighs, "Why do I get all the retards?" Of course, it's a p***-poor Noncom who spends much time bemoaning the quality of enlistee. Still, if one approaches the LHP as a fashion accessory (Tats---check; piercings---check; badass occult vocab---check) he'll not progress.

RE: Reality → Why the LHP is considered "evil"?
SUBTOPIC: Is there a relationship between the Left Hand Path (LHP) and Evil.
※→ et al,

(KEY CONCEPT)

Diluculo del Fuego →

"each person has the right to define their own path"​
(SHORT ANSWER)

NO! LHP vs RHP are human constructs. In the study of the supernatural, the spiritual, and/or the Forces of the Universe, it depends on which side of the mirror you gaze into. From some viewpoints, the RHP and the LHP are merely a difference in the magnitude of the ethics and morals in question. In the Abrahamic Religions, the Sixth Commandment is: Thou Shall Not Kill (or something to that effect). Yet, the Supreme Being destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. In the Battle of Jericho, the Supreme Being instructed the Biblical Leader Joshua was given the means by which to bring down the City Walls.

(COMMENT)

There are several aspects of contemporary "magic forces" or "supernatural powers" that appear opposite to it mirror image. White Magic vs Dark Magic is just one such

There is no real universally accepted definition to the Left Hand Path (LHP) {versus the Right Hand Path (RHP)}. It is the very rare Grimoire that actually defines them.

For those that engaged in the study of the Demonic side of magic have no doubt discovered that ALL magic and supernatural entities are derived from the very same source of power (according to which Grimoire the practitioner studies). AND - for the most part, Heavenly Angels and Hellish Devils did not exist prior to the division in Heaven. They were all one and the same.

Most Respectfully,
R
never mind. clicked wrong button

Do happy sadists require military level discipline?
I dunno, I'm not a happy sadist. I am however well aware spiritual war is afoot. Hence the need for discipline. (Duh.)

Last edited:

livinglight1008

Visitor
Reaction score
Power/control over others
Vs service to others

Hedonism
Authenticity

A way to look at it.

It also makes me think:

My will aligned with Higher Will = magic

my will alone in exclusion of Higher Will = sorcery

Both are allowed in entirety (in eternity) which causes a lot of pondering personally as to the observed neutrality of the 'Universe'

I can say all kinds more of anecdotes I contemplate however I'll digress. Thanks for the question.